• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

Solar's Harper had that earlier, and he too made too many donations... and from 10 to 12, you'll loose only 5 points, as I did too-oo-oo. Now why in the Unheaven would you wish to donate if you are evil?

I did? :blink: Must've forgotten already.

Umm... to be the anti-evil tyrant? ^_^

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#62 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

Really seems odd i'm the only one to get to a 20 rep so far, i think i just donated my way from disliked back up to average or something, after losing 6 points in that cath encounter with the FF mercs. i think i was sitting around 10 or 12, lost 6, then donated it back to around 10 or 11. After that i was just playing through, and didn't notice my rep getting so high. Actually it's a bit amusing having guys leave because i'm too good then asking why i dumped them. hehe. i'll just need to keep a closer eye on my rep for now.

Solar's Harper had that earlier, and he too made too many donations... and from 10 to 12, you'll loose only 5 points, as I did too-oo-oo. Now why in the Unheaven would you wish to donate if you are evil?

i believe i was chaotic neutral that game, so not evil, just not overly attached to any particular way of doing things. i donated at the temple of umberlee, so not exactly lathandarites there... And even evil i want my rep at least average because the game is tilted, by engine, toward things like high prices and guards harrassing you if your rep is too low. When i donated, i had already lost the 5 points (or whatever that encounter costs) so i was sitting at 6 or below, don't recall exactly where.

i'd never played with cath in my party before so i didn't know what other encounters might be coming. i didn't want to suddenly find myself with a rep of 2 or something, so i donated enough to get from a 6 or so up to a 10 or 12. Not goody-two-shoes, but not going to draw the ire of the goody-goods either. i only did it the once in saltmarsh. And how i got from there to a 20 is beyond me.

But really, look at how Althon is in the game, the guy is definitely evil now. But he doesn't walk about slaughtering everything he sees, doesn't recommend us killing slaves we come across, evne if, in his heart he'd like to kill them. Being "evil" or just "not terribly nice" doesn't mean being a ravening lunatic killing all you see. An evil guy can do stuff that might seem good, like freeing a bunch of slaves. But his purpose might be not nice, like hoping the escaping slaves will keep the slaver guards busy and off his back while he does what he needs to do. But in the game you can get a rep point, no matter your true roleplaying motives. Really, what's 100, or 500 gold, when we're buying stuff costing thousands in the game, if it causes my enemy some headaches?

#63 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

i believe i was chaotic neutral that game, so not evil, just not overly attached to any particular way of doing things. i donated at the temple of umberlee, so not exactly lathandarites there... And even evil i want my rep at least average because the game is tilted, by engine, toward things like high prices and guards harrassing you if your rep is too low. When i donated, i had already lost the 5 points (or whatever that encounter costs) so i was sitting at 6 or below, don't recall exactly where.

Had you actually donated money to Cath at the beginning(in the Palace of the Silver Princess) and not fight against him, you would have gotten a guest to destroy the Temple of Umberlee... Lathanderite!

i'd never played with cath in my party before so i didn't know what other encounters might be coming. i didn't want to suddenly find myself with a rep of 2 or something, so i donated enough to get from a 6 or so up to a 10 or 12.

So that's a 400(6->7)+200(7->8)+300(8->9)+400(9->10)=minimum of 1300 gold pieces=1300/22GP per chain mail top sell price=59.1 chain mailed guardians. That's a lot of metal. And far worse is if you go to 12 cause the it's costs you extra of 1200 gold pieces more, so there. The costs are taken from my the reputati.2da...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#64 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Had you actually donated money to Cath at the beginning(in the Palace of the Silver Princess) and not fight against him, you would have gotten a guest to destroy the Temple of Umberlee... Lathanderite!

i'd never played with cath in my party before so i didn't know what other encounters might be coming. i didn't want to suddenly find myself with a rep of 2 or something, so i donated enough to get from a 6 or so up to a 10 or 12.

So that's a 400(6->7)+200(7->8)+300(8->9)+400(9->10)=minimum of 1300 gold pieces=1300/22GP per chain mail top sell price=59.1 chain mailed guardians. That's a lot of metal. And far worse is if you go to 12 cause the it's costs you extra of 1200 gold pieces more, so there. The costs are taken from my the reputati.2da...

yes, i know i can get that quest from cath, i just went a new way this time. But despite cath's wanting to destroy the temple, the umberlee followers aren't exactly nice folks. They're just a bit less nasty than banite or shar or bhaal followers, at least in BG-world.

As to the cost, i probably didn't go above 11, i wasn't trying to get a great rep, just good enough to shield against any possible future FF merc-type encounters that would cause an auotmatic rep drop. And if i'm just selling chainmail, yeah, that'd be alot of chainmail. Of course, i sold a bunch more than that and i think i was down at 4 or 5. i think i did the haunted house before, so selling the gold stuff and the silver princess artifacts to the book merchant brought in plenty to do the donations.

#65 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:31 AM

Something in the Ankneg Plate Mail(Plat06) is wrong; either the description, or the usability flags, as Terra can use it, and the description would say that she couldn't, as it says...

Not Usable By:
Bard
Druid
Mage
Thief

When it's actually:

Not Usable By:
Bard
Mage
Mage/Thief
Thief
Monk
Shapeshifter
Barbarian
Stalker
Beastmaster
Archer
Kensai

:P

Another thing about the same armor... in a way, Rurik doesn't want to make it, I have the money(19000+) and a Ankneg shell, but I can't reply for him to make one... And the problem is, that the dialog(tcrurik.dlk state 24: option 3) need the TCMISC12 which is :blink: the Lockpick set. :crying:
So that needs to be changed to MISC12.

Is there any reason why the Sharp Eye's projectile shop in Mistmor does want to buy projectile weapons and Axes(Meat Cleaver, +1 axe, +2 axe), but nothing else?

Rilihar needs a reputation checker to see if he would even come to talk to the player, as my reputation was 5, in which case in the normal game, he would loose his paladin class, and he joined. :blink: OK, so he might be trusting, but I doubt, he would be that trusting, especially to suspiciously aligned priest that hangs the wrong signs all over the place... :lol:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 April 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#66 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Something in the Ankneg Plate Mail(Plat06) is wrong; either the description, or the usability flags, as Terra can use it, and the description would say that she couldn't, as it says...

Another thing about the same armor... in a way, Rurik doesn't want to make it, I have the money(19000+) and a Ankneg shell, but I can't reply for him to make one... And the problem is, that the dialog(tcrurik.dlk state 24: option 3) need the TCMISC12 which is :blink: the Lockpick set. :crying:
So that needs to be changed to MISC12.

i noticed the armor error from rurik, i think i reported it elsewhere in bug threads. The fun part is rurik only looks for the lockpick set but if you console the lockpick set in, then have him make the armor, he takes the shell and cash correctly. So you can then drop the lockpick set, no real game-cheating harm done. :)

As to usability i think that's another one, like the wand of heavens that is fracked in the original bg2 item so just carries over.

#67 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

Is there any reason why the Sharp Eye's projectile shop in Mistmor does want to buy projectile weapons and Axes(Meat Cleaver, +1 axe, +2 axe), but nothing else?

When I made Sharp Eye, was was considering making her a joinable NPC for a quest, but she would have been to close to Dirbert in terms of skills so I changed her to a retired adventuress, who buys items mainly for her collection.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#68 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

My party at the Mistmoor Manor quest was, Althon+Catharandamus+Rihn+Vildamyr+Terra and there was great talk about becoming Knight, Vildamyr receiving a bottle of vine, and all... but I got nothing real out of that quest, not even experience points. I really should have killed that idiot, but the other idiot(Catharandamus) called that Erebus ghost idiot and that was it, the idiot... :lol:
OK, so I checked and Vildamyr received the bottle actually, but as his inventory was full, he dropped it. By the way, should I keep this, and no gulp it down, as I know it's prise, but I can't sell it. ^_^ Just a little hint, but no spoilers.

By the way, the skeletons in the room with Erebus didn't all turn against me, so I had to kill some of them by going by force attack, so there is something off on their scripts. :o Perhaps they need a convenient "Race" script.

Next, I went to Myth D... and I could summon Catharandamus, but then I could ask him again :blink: , and did but of course he didn't re-summon :( as he stood already right next to me already, so there is no cloning :( . And I didn't have the option to summon Terra :mellow: ... Gotta go with those and Rivian then, good stuff.

Hmm, was the Elmo's body meant to go somewhere? Again, no spoilers, but ... :devil:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 April 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#69 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

My party at the Mistmoor Manor quest was, Althon+Catharandamus+Rihn+Vildamyr+Terra and there was great talk about becoming Knight, Vildamyr receiving a bottle of vine, and all... but I got nothing real out of that quest, not even experience points. I really should have killed that idiot, but the other idiot(Catharandamus) called that Erebus ghost idiot and that was it, the idiot... :lol:
OK, so I checked and Vildamyr received the bottle actually, but as his inventory was full, he dropped it. By the way, should I keep this, and no gulp it down, as I know it's prise, but I can't sell it. ^_^ Just a little hint, but no spoilers.

By the way, the skeletons in the room with Erebus didn't all turn against me, so I had to kill some of them by going by force attack, so there is something off on their scripts. :o Perhaps they need a convenient "Race" script.

Next, I went to Myth D... and I could summon Catharandamus, but then I could ask him again :blink: , and did but of course he he didn't as he stood right next to me already, so there is no cloning. And I didn't have the option to summon Terra :mellow: ... Gotta go with those and Rivian then, good stuff.

i've noticed that the mistmoor rewards talk is very sensitive. having certain npc's in your group breaks the talk from rilithar ending it early so the PC doesn't get the knighting bit. . i recall shadow did it, not sure which others cause an issue. i was also disappointed with the "cath in party" interaction in the vault myself. :)

And i cant believe i forgot to ever mention the skeletons in the vault. It seems like it is very hit and miss which go hostile, maybe it's a proximity thing? But it seems like the ones at the outer edges of the room are most often non-hostile and i have to force attack them as Jarno says.

#70 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

The Mistmoor rewards has been a constant battle for me. It doesn't help any that we keep adding and removing NPCs from the game (a poke at Leahnkain here).

In the new version 0.49a, I have run through several teams and am getting positive results. However, I did forget to include Terra. Hmmm, she doesn't summon into MD either. Interesting. BTW, she has a soundset now. Yea!

Rurik's dialog now fixed. Rilithar...have to put on hold. The rep issue is a stinker. I guess as long as he follows the party, the bad rep won't hurt him. It does ruin the idea that a paladin would never hire a bunch of lowlifes but that also eliminates your chance of doing this quest and therefore can't do the Myth Drannor quest either. That would make your party much lower in XP than others and would make the slaver mods much harder. However, you can't claim it as my fault if the slaver mods are that much harder, it is your fault for the low rep. Consider it a consequence in life... We'll have to think about the best option for that one.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#71 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

The Mistmoor rewards has been a constant battle for me. It doesn't help any that we keep adding and removing NPCs from the game (a poke at Leahnkain here).

In the new version 0.49a, I have run through several teams and am getting positive results. However, I did forget to include Terra. Hmmm, she doesn't summon into MD either. Interesting. BTW, she has a soundset now. Yea!

Rurik's dialog now fixed. Rilithar...have to put on hold. The rep issue is a stinker. I guess as long as he follows the party, the bad rep won't hurt him. It does ruin the idea that a paladin would never hire a bunch of lowlifes but that also eliminates your chance of doing this quest and therefore can't do the Myth Drannor quest either. That would make your party much lower in XP than others and would make the slaver mods much harder. However, you can't claim it as my fault if the slaver mods are that much harder, it is your fault for the low rep. Consider it a consequence in life... We'll have to think about the best option for that one.

Well it would seem like one solution (for future releases of course) would be to have another quest/series of quests that are only available if you dont take the mistmoor path, like the prior choice between the gauntlet and lizardmen choice. i know any other quests, like the giants, are still awhile away probably, but you could always hold the reputation thing as a fix to be added once that other quest is available. So maybe you can get to mistmoor but if the rep is too low, rilithar decides not to ask for your help but the other quest becomes available. Falastra or someone else in the bar/inn might mention something more suited to someone of "your low reputation". :)

i figured the mistmoor quest rewards thing had been a headache, so many different party combos and each person getting thier own interaction, it's got to be easy to make some tiny error in all that code. Glad it seems to be working now, look forward to that!

#72 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

i don't know if someone has already post this bug but i have some problem whit Rilithar becouse when i do his quest is everything fine but after done it when i take him in the group he stop moving or acting every 3 second

#73 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

i don't know if someone has already post this bug but i have some problem whit Rilithar becouse when i do his quest is everything fine but after done it when i take him in the group he stop moving or acting every 3 second

There might be small error in his script... try to force talk to him, if that doesn't work... exit the area etc. you can think of. If that doesn't help, could you describe what was going on before he started the stop and go action... such as what quests you did, how you did them(in this case was he in your party, or just on the side) and how they ended, what NPCs you have and that sort of things. I have noticed that it never hurts to have more than required description related to a scripting errors...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 April 2009 - 12:53 AM.

#74 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:47 AM

There might be small error in his script... try to force talk to him, if that doesn't work... exit the area etc. you can think of. If that doesn't help, could you describe what was going on before he started the stop and go action... such as what quests you did, how you did them(in this case was he in your party, or just on the side) and how they ended, what NPCs you have and that sort of things. I have noticed that it never hurts to have more than required description related to a scripting errors...

ok Rilithar was in my party when i have done his quest (and during his quest in the manor was everything fine)
In my party i have my character(figther/trief) Rilithar Aesdale Althon Blush Dirbert
after completed his mission he leave the party asking me to go to his home after i have sleep
i sleep in the manor and go to his home then he offres his gifth and i and Dirbert accept his gifth
when the conversation end i speak again with Rilithar asking him to travel with me
Rilithar join the party and start giving problem (i explore his home and he start stopping every second)
i leave his home and Blush leave the party giveng me the key of the Sune tample
i have tryed to talk with him leave the area rest and so on many time but nothing change
if i try to speak to him he says that he smile and better turn to the quest
Sorry but more than this i don't know what to say :unsure:

#75 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

just now i have noticed an other problem with rilithar
if i try to kick him uot of my party he does not talk but his cirle turn from green to blu and start followin my pg untill i change are becouse he do not follow me in an other area but if i try to retourne to the place i lived him hi start again following my pg
(ex: i kicked him out in mistmoor tavern and he follow me in the taver but when i leave the tavern he follow me no more and if i turn back in the tavern he is still there and start follow me again in the tavern)

#76 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

oh sorry if i write problem one by one but i srite them when i see them now i think i found an other one one with Rilithar that maybe is the couse of all hi is always in combat position is like when you double select the wepon of one of your pg and the quick slot of the army turns from green to red he is like these always and with any wepon(i tryed almost everyone) infact whetever i say him to do he stop to put himself in combat position(but there is no one to attack and he attak no one)

#77 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Ril has a dialog/banter that has been buggy for a long time now but we haven't been able to find it. He can romance a human or half-elf female and there are lots of those dialogs. I haven't been able to figure out which one is causing the problem but that is what you are encountering. For now, just drop him from the party. He still isn't working correctly.

Classic Adventures

#78 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Ammo belt tcbag05.itm has capacity of 200 instead of 2000 as stated in it's description. Don't know whichever is bug though :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#79 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Interesting bug. The original bag does hold 2000 so I am not sure when or why it was changed to only 200. Fixed for next release.

SBB

Ammo belt tcbag05.itm has capacity of 200 instead of 2000 as stated in it's description. Don't know whichever is bug though :)

Classic Adventures

#80 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:15 AM

I've run into bug with Rurik's shop today. From reading this topic I understand that others don't have this issue so I'll describe my setup and add save game.

Well, the bug is that when I'm entering Rurik's forge (tc0026) with him in party, he should, as I understand, initiate the dialogue with me, probable with "I should have some inventory left in here", though I might be wrong about exact phrase. Anyways, he's honestly trying to initiate dialogue (battle stance, "can't talks because he's busy" and stuff), but it seems like there's no any phrase in tcrurikj.dlg that would return all true prerequisites, so he's just endlessly trying with no effect.
As an interesting side-effects, if we leave the house he continues his attempts to communicate, and if we kick him out while inside, then he stays put where he was while being in party, and another Rurik appears at his forge initiating his starting dialogue with "<CHARNAME>, good ta see ya" line from tcrurik.dlg :blink:

Here's my setup and save file right before entering Rurik's forge.

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8
~SETUP-CLASSICS049.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.49
~SETUP-CLASSICS049.TP2~ #0 #3 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-CLASSICS049.TP2~ #0 #4 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-CLASSICS049.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install 1PP's Flaming Sword animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS049.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install the Ion Stone animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS049A.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, patch version 0.49a

Attached Files

Edited by Creepin, 02 May 2009 - 04:17 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)