Photo

Odd Solaufein bug - Xulaye not in my party

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DTC

DTC
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

I'm currently playing through with a mostly good party, and decided not to take Xulaye(she's very insistent, but I kept refusing until she gave up). My party is PC, Amber, Auren, Angelo, Yasraena, and Branwen.

All seemed to go ok in Ust Natha until Phaere ordered us to kill Solaufein. He responded with nothing but "I have no interest in speaking right now. All I desire is to remain here and drown myself in black mead until I forget I ever met that witch".

I poked around with NearInfinity (I don't really know what I'm doing, but it's fun :ermm: ), and it looks like he gives that response if global variable SolaufeinJob hasn't reached 8.
I checked with the console (GetGlobal("SolaufeinJob", "GLOBAL") and it showed 7, then I used SetGlobal("SolaufeinJob", "GLOBAL", 8 ), and then I got the dialogue options where I can kill him or get his cloak and let him go.

Note that I have Weimer's Solaufein mod (version 103) installed, as well as Xulaye v1 - although at this point (i.e. before dealing with the eggs, etc), Solaufein is probably the original one, not the Weimer version.

Anyway, not a serious bug, and I'm not sure if it's caused by Xulaye, Solaufein, or some weird interaction between them when I didn't take Xulaye, but I thought I'd mention it here ...

#2 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'm currently playing through with a mostly good party, and decided not to take Xulaye(she's very insistent, but I kept refusing until she gave up). My party is PC, Amber, Auren, Angelo, Yasraena, and Branwen.

All seemed to go ok in Ust Natha until Phaere ordered us to kill Solaufein. He responded with nothing but "I have no interest in speaking right now. All I desire is to remain here and drown myself in black mead until I forget I ever met that witch".

I poked around with NearInfinity (I don't really know what I'm doing, but it's fun :ermm: ), and it looks like he gives that response if global variable SolaufeinJob hasn't reached 8.
I checked with the console (GetGlobal("SolaufeinJob", "GLOBAL") and it showed 7, then I used SetGlobal("SolaufeinJob", "GLOBAL", 8 ), and then I got the dialogue options where I can kill him or get his cloak and let him go.

Note that I have Weimer's Solaufein mod (version 103) installed, as well as Xulaye v1 - although at this point (i.e. before dealing with the eggs, etc), Solaufein is probably the original one, not the Weimer version.

Anyway, not a serious bug, and I'm not sure if it's caused by Xulaye, Solaufein, or some weird interaction between them when I didn't take Xulaye, but I thought I'd mention it here ...

Hmm, i think that's probably Weimer's Solaufein because i cant recall ever getting that response. i've played with Xulaye installed and both in and out of the party and never got that problem, but i've never used the Solaufein mod. i could be wrong of course, but in my play throughs the Xulaye mod didn't seem to touch soluafein's dialogue very much, adding perhaps 2 or 3 lines to him in response to Xulaye. But most of the Xulaye content is focused on her interacting with the party and the PC.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

From what I remember, we don't change that variable--I'll doublecheck when I have a chance, though. Thank you for bringing it up!