Photo

Quick question about the ghost tower

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:00 AM

So, can anyone tell me what actually triggers this quest occuring? i am playing through .48 currently and when i was in mistmoor, i had icar in the party and the reward dialog was broken with him in the party. i got the no valid links or replies error when rilithar offered a knighthood to icar. So i tried dumping icar and doing the reward talk, this time it covered all but the PC (the group then was rihn, aesdale, leigha, shadow and pc). So the pc was never offered the knighthood thing that i saw.

Anyway, i get to the selgaunt bridge and i get roped into the ghost tower quest, which i honestly didnt want to do this go around. So i quit the game, went into shadowkeeper, i was going to see if i could change a variable to avoid it, but i never figured out what triggered the quest. So i figured i was stuck playing through it, i reloaded the auto or quick save, i forget which, from just outside the iron throne's tent, and this time, for some reason, i never got the ghost tower quest.

i didn't change any variables in SK, i loaded the save game, looked around, then exited when i couldn't figure out what triggered the ghost tower/huron thing. So i was wondering if it's random or what.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

The Ghost Tower of Inverness is triggered by you doing the Gauntlet mods. If you follow the original path of helping the lizardmen, you will not be able to do the Ghost Tower. It was added to help players on the Gauntlet path have XP equal to those doing the Saltmarsh/Lizardmen/Sahuagin path.

Once you step into the Selgaunt Bridge district, I check to see if the TCGauntletDone global is set to 2 (I think that is the magic number). If so, the guards appear. If not, they won't, so just use the command line in SoA to SetGlobal("TCGauntletDone","GLOBAL",0) and it will set it back to a low number and the guards won't appear.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

Ah, ok. just for kicks i actually did both the U and UK series. i know it's meant to be either or but doing both in one game is fun, and since i couldn't get althon to come along on the lizardmen thing, i was stuck with icar and piney bluff.

Something i'm unclear on with the gauntlet thing, i didn't recall being officially awarded the keep, did i miss some step there? i had the captured guardsmen on my side, destroyed the gauntlets, rescued the princess, talked to the guards after and told them it was over. But i didn't recall anything there about the keep being mine. Also i'd wondered, the reward for rescuing the giantess, is that supposed to come later on when you get to add in the giants modules?

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

the reward for rescuing the giantess, is that supposed to come later on when you get to add in the giants modules?

What reward? Right now you get some XP for doing this. Yes, this will benefit you later in the giants series (though I don't know how yet). I may have her tell the messenger to give you something. Not sure just yet.

The gauntlet and the guards tell you in so many words (but not directly, so this needs fixing) that the keep is yours.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

the reward for rescuing the giantess, is that supposed to come later on when you get to add in the giants modules?

What reward? Right now you get some XP for doing this. Yes, this will benefit you later in the giants series (though I don't know how yet). I may have her tell the messenger to give you something. Not sure just yet.

The gauntlet and the guards tell you in so many words (but not directly, so this needs fixing) that the keep is yours.

ok, i just meant where she says her father will reward me for rescuing her. i figured it was meant to be built on when the giant modules are added in. i just wanted to make sure i didn't miss something.

The same for the pelja thing, she's fairly obviously someone to have a chat with, i just wanted to mention it, in case she was supposed to approach the pc, and it just wasnt working for me. i'd thought in the first game i played she apporached me, but i've got a babd memory so i was just remembering incorrectly. :)