Photo

Was Irenicus aware of the dreams you were having?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Bruno

Bruno
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:23 AM

Bhaal died , but his essence is still alive . That's what allows him to send messages through your dreams like the BG1 "you will learn" dilemma.
"Where the bad folks go when they die ? They don't go heaven where the angels fly...
They go to a lake of fire and fry , you won't see them again till fourth july ..."

#82 -Arck Arsenal-

-Arck Arsenal-

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:52 AM

Just wondering, does anyone remember the dialogue from the conversation with Irenicus where he is talking about the woman and her farm? "she lived a good life, but she had no real power. And now she is dead". it goes something like that.

I have been meaning to get this in written form.

#83 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:26 PM

IMO:
Bhaal himself is dead, but part of his essence and taint lives inside you and can trigger your dreams.
Always thought of Joneleth as having no part of the dreams, your essence is a part of you thus the nightmares it gives you should be affected by your real fears. I really like the idea of a combination though, maybe the first dream or two started with Irenicus sending you a one-way dream message, but your bhaalspawn-essance latched onto and grew into this mental image of Irenicus. Later it recognized your finding strength in Imoen at the soul-loss dream and took this form. Loved the dialouge options to talk to Imoen and Irenicus about the soul-loss dream and they have no idea what your talking about.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#84 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:48 PM

Because you're the one referred to in the Prophecy.

Not by name, It could be anyone, remember that saravok belives its him in bg1. And its only you if you ascend to godhood at the end of tob. Otherwise it could just as easily be any of the 5 and it dosn't matter b/c the prophesy wasn't true anyway.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#85 -Tancred-

-Tancred-

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

Not by name, It could be anyone, remember that saravok belives its him in bg1. And its only you if you ascend to godhood at the end of tob. Otherwise it could just as easily be any of the 5 and it dosn't matter b/c the prophesy wasn't true anyway.

Ohoh, it's not just anyone. If Solar tells you that you are the one upon whom the prophecy is centred - that it is by your actions the eventual fate of Bhaal will be decided - then that's good enough for me. If the Gods knew that it was all down to you, then it's possible the Taint (or what's left of Bhaal) does too, on a cosmic, semi-conscious level.

#86 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:38 AM

Ohoh, it's not just anyone. If Solar tells you that you are the one upon whom the prophecy is centred - that it is by your actions the eventual fate of Bhaal will be decided - then that's good enough for me. If the Gods knew that it was all down to you, then it's possible the Taint (or what's left of Bhaal) does too, on a cosmic, semi-conscious level.

Maybe. On the other hand, the FR "Gods" are a bunch of posers and half-wits if you go by their behavoir in the Time of Troubles novels. They'd probably jump out at any Bhaalspawn who made it that far and declare him/her/it the chosen one. ;)

Solar: "Yes, you, the mighty Boo, are destined to sit upon the throne of Bhaal."

Boo: "Squeak."