Photo

nwn1 toolset issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

I'm posting here as the original nwn forum seems to be dead, more or less. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to use the nwn toolset so that I can insert a particular item into my character's inventory. I'm currently playing a mod where, due to installing other packs like the prc, 1 item is missing that is absolutely essential to finishing the mod.

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

I'm posting here as the original nwn forum seems to be dead, more or less. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to use the nwn toolset so that I can insert a particular item into my character's inventory. I'm currently playing a mod where, due to installing other packs like the prc, 1 item is missing that is absolutely essential to finishing the mod.

Wouldn't it be easier to use the dm_spawnitem command?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

Well, yes, but how do I find out what the particular item-code is? I need an item "mithril" for the blackguard yartar mod(the item code is for a unique object found only in that mod), but would need to somehow find a list of that mod's item-codes. Yet when I used the nwn toolset, I clicked on the area(duergar ruins level 1 or 2) where the item is found, and when I click on the word "items" no such list appears, which is odd, as when click on placeables, a whole list appears underneath. Same goes if I check other areas and click on the "items" feature, nothing appears.

Edited by Strontium Dog, 15 March 2009 - 10:52 AM.

#4 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Well, yes, but how do I find out what the particular item-code is? I need an item "mithril" for the blackguard yartar mod(the item code is for a unique object found only in that mod), but would need to somehow find a list of that mod's item-codes. Yet when I used the nwn toolset, I clicked on the area(duergar ruins level 1 or 2) where the item is found, and when I click on the word "items" no such list appears, which is odd, as when click on placeables, a whole list appears underneath. Same goes if I check other areas and click on the "items" feature, nothing appears.

If the item is in a container or someone's possession you can check that specific container/individual in the toolset and find the item code by looking in it's inventory.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

If the item is in a container or someone's possession you can check that specific container/individual in the toolset and find the item code by looking in it's inventory.

This no doubt sounds silly but how do I go about checking its inventory, once I've clicked on the relevant creature?(a mithril golem, in this case).

#6 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

This no doubt sounds silly but how do I go about checking its inventory, once I've clicked on the relevant creature?(a mithril golem, in this case).

Right-click on the object/creature and select Properties. In the case of a creature this should open a box with a model of the creature on the left and an inventory button underneath that. Click the inventory button.

At least that's how I remember it. It's been a while, and the NWN2 toolset is different.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

Right-click on the object/creature and select Properties. In the case of a creature this should open a box with a model of the creature on the left and an inventory button underneath that. Click the inventory button.

At least that's how I remember it. It's been a while, and the NWN2 toolset is different.

Thanks, I did all those things, but, sadly, didn't find the item-code that way, though I found some other useful info. Fortunately, I suddenly remembered that I'd found out the previous answer and searched neverwinter nights vault for an old post I made re this issue. Turns out all one has to do is put in "EssenceOfMithril" re the dm_spawnitem code and everything's fine. It all happens because the blackguard yartar trilogy is not PRC-friendly so that the undead-turning script of the prc doesn't work re creating the essence of mithril.

#8 Kajool

Kajool
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

pleasant update