Give me some comfort please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -GIVE ME SOME HOPE-

-GIVE ME SOME HOPE-

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

So Mistress Elysia hasn't posted on this site in over a year, if that isn't a dagger straight into the unfinished heart of Fade then i don't know what is.

Sylmarien can you help me out? Can you give me a no BS assesment of the state of Fade?

* Is anybody still in contact with Mistress Elysia? Does she still want to finish Fade?

* Are you still working on the TOB mod?

* This thing you are working on publishing right now. Will it be complete or are you now just going to publish the "this is what we got so far" version?

* Dare i ask WHEN i might be able to get my hands on some TOB Fade content?

I've been posting on other forums about Fade and anybody who has tried it loves it but everybody has the same grip with it. The only reason it isn't the greatest NPC mod for BG is that its not done!

Believe me when i say that there are still lots of people who still play BG2 and want to see the conclusion Fade. I think they are just starting to give up hope. GIVE ME SOME HOPE!

#2 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

Answers in order of questions:

- I haven't been in contact with Mistress Elysia since the beginning of the year, and I'm not sure if anyone else has. As far as I can gather, particularly since she hasn't contacted me since then, there have been personal developments in her life that rather take precedence over finishing Fade TOB.

- Yes, I am. But slowly. In between other commitments.

- The 'this is what we got so far' version (i.e. whatever content I've received from Mistress Elysia), since I don't feel equipped to write for Fade and I certainly don't think I should take over Mistress Elysia's NPC without her express permission.

- Conservative estimate? By the end of June, with the usual caveat of no upheavals happening in RL (which is rather fragile at the moment). I know I gave an April release date earlier, but in view of recent developments that doesn't seem realistic now.

I hope this has given you some hope - I mean, at least there will be *some* TOB content. Sorry if this post comes across curt or whatever - it's been a long week and I *still* have to go back to work tomorrow (it's a Sunday).

#3 Gaheir

Gaheir
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Answers in order of questions:

- I haven't been in contact with Mistress Elysia since the beginning of the year, and I'm not sure if anyone else has. As far as I can gather, particularly since she hasn't contacted me since then, there have been personal developments in her life that rather take precedence over finishing Fade TOB.

- Yes, I am. But slowly. In between other commitments.

- The 'this is what we got so far' version (i.e. whatever content I've received from Mistress Elysia), since I don't feel equipped to write for Fade and I certainly don't think I should take over Mistress Elysia's NPC without her express permission.

- Conservative estimate? By the end of June, with the usual caveat of no upheavals happening in RL (which is rather fragile at the moment). I know I gave an April release date earlier, but in view of recent developments that doesn't seem realistic now.

I hope this has given you some hope - I mean, at least there will be *some* TOB content. Sorry if this post comes across curt or whatever - it's been a long week and I *still* have to go back to work tomorrow (it's a Sunday).

#4 Gaheir

Gaheir
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:07 AM

Thanks for the update, Sil. There was no curtness. I am sure we are all grateful for the response, your continuing work on Fade, and all the work that you and Mistress Elisya already put into Fade...