Not bugs/No Action

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

Came across a possible character import bug. I just tried to import my previous level 40 character into a new ToB game and noticed that most of his HLAs, namely the ones from this mod, were missing. I closed down the game and opened up the character in Shadowkeeper and, sure enough, all my abilities were present and counted for. I tried importing the character again and the HLAs were still gone.

Sounds like an engine issue.

If that is the case, there's probably very little we can do about it.

#22 cbarchuk

cbarchuk
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Came across a possible character import bug. I just tried to import my previous level 40 character into a new ToB game and noticed that most of his HLAs, namely the ones from this mod, were missing. I closed down the game and opened up the character in Shadowkeeper and, sure enough, all my abilities were present and counted for. I tried importing the character again and the HLAs were still gone.

Sounds like an engine issue.

If that is the case, there's probably very little we can do about it.

Thanks for the response. Its not a big deal. Just wanted to bring it up just in case.

#23 finjammin

finjammin
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Getting this on Mac OSX attempt to install on BG2EE:

ERROR Installing [Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("No rule to identify BG2EE")
PLEASE report the error message in the file SETUP-RR.DEBUG to Wisp, www.shsforums.net
Using Language [English]

Please help

#24 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

You are using an old version of WeiDU. You can download the most recent version here, assuming you are using a 64-bit "Intel" Mac. If you are on PPC or a 32-bit "Intel" Mac, you are sadly out of luck, because there's no who compiles WeiDU for those platforms. Edit: oh, BG2EE, so you are probably on the right platform.

Edited by Wisp, 28 November 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#25 -Robocasper-

-Robocasper-

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

v4.66 .EXE does not launch (thus, install) at all.  Help!

#26 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

If you are on PC... download this .exe ... run the .exe and as it's going to extract, extract the files to your game folder and it will then start the setup-rr.exe automatically ...

v4.66 .EXE does not launch (thus, install) at all.  Help!

Before the above of course you might need to remove any and all virus etc protection programs that might interfere with the operation... and not have the game in an operation system protected folder.

If you are on you need the other, get your weidu tool and go where ever from there on out. Not a PC user matter... :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 04 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#27 -Roboghost-

-Roboghost-

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thanks much...the secret was the anti-virus.  It needs to be OFF for BOTH download of file AND install.  This goes for all modders out there...shish.

#28 DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't seem to be able to trigger the wards being released.  I have the scroll from Venduris, but reading doesn't do anything, nor does walking to the edge of the screen and clicking on the area exits.

is there any way to force whatever is supposed to happen next to occur?

EDIT: I loaded aVenger's autosave and did the fight again, twice, just to be sure.  This time the dialogue popped when I picked up the scroll.  So...glitch, not a bug.

Edited by DarkSpiral, 04 December 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons either, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#29 BelgarathMTH

BelgarathMTH
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

In BG:EE, v. 1.2, The RR skald song does not protect from fear as stated. Just had my whole party except for the singer himself affected by a Horror spell.

#30 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

In BG:EE, v. 1.2, The RR skald song does not protect from fear as stated. Just had my whole party except for the singer himself affected by a Horror spell.

Huh, weird. In both EasyTutu and BG: EE, my Skald protagonist gets the full effects of the Skald song, but Imoen only gets a handful of the effects she should receive (and thus remains susceptible to fear). There's also a strref mismatch on BG: EE and the Skald song will not protect against the "Panic" string Horror uses on BG: EE.

Edit: heh, this is even a problem in vanilla. The allies of a singing level 15 vanilla Skald are not protected from fear, contrary to the kit description. Only the Skald herself receive the full bonuses from the Skald song.

Edited by Wisp, 08 December 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#31 BelgarathMTH

BelgarathMTH
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

@Wisp, in a second test, even my skald was affected by Horror while singing. I love RR, but it looks like it has problems doing "what it says on the tin", especially in EE.

#32 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

@Wisp, in a second test, even my skald was affected by Horror while singing. I love RR, but it looks like it has problems doing "what it says on the tin", especially in EE.
Since this issue exists in vanilla and is not caused by RR, I'll archive it for now and try to think of a workaround when I have some free time.

#33 -someonenew-

-someonenew-

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

hello,this is the first time I uses rr mod, installed all components, created an asssassin, but her backstab multiplier doesn't triple but double like normal thief in Lv1.

BGEE :1.3.2053

RR:4.9beta (no other Mod installed. actually I reinstalled BGEE and rr to prove this.)

MUAkoKx.png

gJ9II1m.png

by the way , I can't throw two points in melee weapon when creating a lv1 swashbuckler in BGEE, that's suppose to be right, right?

thx in advance, and Great work, guys.

#34 -someonenew-

-someonenew-

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

tested in combat, doule damage.

GKnSAXR.png

#35 -someonenew-

-someonenew-

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:48 AM

hi, it's me again, I'm sorry, just found that was TeamBG's Lv40 Patch messed things up. Switched to another expcap remove patch and RR finally works with my new harlf-orc assassin.Thank you very much.

#36 XzPePijNzX

XzPePijNzX
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Is it possible that the SoD bard hat (BDHELM11) doesnt properly extend the duration of the new RR bard songs?

#37 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

Unless SoD was written for RR-compatibility, it's virtually a given.

#38 Luke_47

Luke_47
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

So? Will you fix it? Alternatively, what about giving the item a different equipped ability?

#39 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

So? Will you fix it? Alternatively, what about giving the item a different equipped ability?

I'm not equipped to support SoD-games. Sorry.