Photo

Missing Keys in Adlewerg Keep

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Cake

Mrs Cake
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hello again: I am back for a little more assistance, but strangely with a similar request. I am on one of the basement floors of Adlewerg Keep, I have cleared out all the rooms i can, (& searched all bodies & containers) but cannot find keys for the 2x Easterly facing doors on that level, plus they are 'not conventionally locked'.

Is there a possibility that this is a bug, or am I just not thorough enough?

Mrs Cake

#2 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hello again: I am back for a little more assistance, but strangely with a similar request. I am on one of the basement floors of Adlewerg Keep, I have cleared out all the rooms i can, (& searched all bodies & containers) but cannot find keys for the 2x Easterly facing doors on that level, plus they are 'not conventionally locked'.

Mrs Cake

As the game is currently configured, you need to open those doors with the sentinel glove, before confronting the gauntlet. i think sir billybob is planning to make it so the sentinel ring left behind will also open the cells. But as it is in .49 and earlier, you need to open those cells before the final confrontation.

#3 Mrs Cake

Mrs Cake
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

Mrs Cake

As the game is currently configured, you need to open those doors with the sentinel glove, before confronting the gauntlet. i think sir billybob is planning to make it so the sentinel ring left behind will also open the cells. But as it is in .49 and earlier, you need to open those cells before the final confrontation.

I think I gave the glove to some hippy in Piney Bluff.......so I don't have it.....do you think i can recover the situation (Item code for the glove maybe??) as when i step outside the keep, I get roasted by the giants & their fiery balls for not having the princess with me :(

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Mrs Cake

Edited by Mrs Cake, 24 March 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#4 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Mrs Cake

I think I gave the glove to some hippy in Piney Bluff.......so I don't have it.....do you think i can recover the situation (Item code for the glove maybe??) as when i step outside the keep, I get roasted by the giants & their fiery balls for not having the princess with me :(

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Mrs Cake

Hmm you shouldn't be able to clear the whole place out without the sentinel glove, but the sentinel does vanish when you fight the wearer of the gauntlet in one of the cells, ending in something of a big boom.

The item code for the sentinel is TCSENTIN so that should open up all the cells in the keep.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

Many thanks Agnar......Will let you know the outcome :)

Mrs. C

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

You really shouldn't go to the fortress without the glove. For one thing, it doesn't make much sense. The glove asks you to go there and you decided to throw it away and go there anyways.

The glove was created to be used by the fortress captain/chief/whatever the top dude is called. It is supposed to help that person against anyone wearing the other glove. The end battle should be of the two gloves destroying each other. So...without the glove, I am probably going to have to block your access to this map area. You can't complete the quest without it and as you just found out, the quest locks up without you being able to leave the fortress and not being able to continue.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#7 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

You really shouldn't go to the fortress without the glove. For one thing, it doesn't make much sense. The glove asks you to go there and you decided to throw it away and go there anyways.

The glove was created to be used by the fortress captain/chief/whatever the top dude is called. It is supposed to help that person against anyone wearing the other glove. The end battle should be of the two gloves destroying each other. So...without the glove, I am probably going to have to block your access to this map area. You can't complete the quest without it and as you just found out, the quest locks up without you being able to leave the fortress and not being able to continue.

i was trying to figure out what hippy guy she gave it to... *smile*

Maybe you can make the keep's front door blocked without the gauntlet on? One thing i did want to mention, i wondered if the way to start the glove's conversation is not easy enough to find? i did find it, but i wonder if some might not think to click the glove and choose the converse option.

#8 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Unfortunately, it's quite possible to bypass those locked doors before the final battle, which destroys the sentinel, meaning the mission is in-completable. Which I've just done :doh:

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage