Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

File Name: Cerberus v1.06
File Submitter: Jarno Mikkola
File Submitted: 04 Apr 2009
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

Ever wanted help from the dog servants of the underworld? If the answer is yes, this mod is for you...
You'll get a dog that helps you with traps and things.

It's best to take the little hounds on tour with you, that way you'll see most of them. :)
Version history:
v0.99 - Initial release.
V1.00 - Small update to remove the dialog bugs that would creep up if you have a large installation, and WeiDU.exe update with better file organization.
v1.01 - Traifed the files and Russian Translation by prowler.
v1.02 - Added the Spanish translation, edited the creature and a spell.
v1.03 - Added the Italian translation, and updated the WeiDU.exe installer to v217.
v1.04 - Added back a Spanish translation that just happened to get missed at v1.03 :doh: ... this time from Ancalagon el Negro. No other content was changed, except the archive is now a .zip .
v1.04.1 - Added the last ~ to the spanish translation... :doh:
v1.05 - Added the French translation.
v1.06 - Added the German translation by Gast.

And so everyone knows, the translation flags for auto-installation are as follows:
English = 0
Russian = 1
Italian = 2
Spanish = 3
French = 4
German = 5

Click here to download this file

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

Do you have something against ReadMes?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Do you have something against ReadMes?

No... but what would I write to it that wouldn't spoil the fun?
OK, so:

This is a SoA mod that most likely requires ToB to install and it gives you few dogs to travel with... the dogs can see traps and detect invisible/hidden doors. And yes, the dogs are trapped to a single area, so they won't leave the areas they are assigned to.

The mod should be compatible with all WeiDU and non-WeiDU mods as long as this mod is installed after any area changing once, and that the area scripts aren't re-assigned to different once(renamed or completely remade). And the mod uses my IJ# -prefix.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 April 2009 - 05:11 AM.

#4 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

This is a SoA mod that most likely requires ToB to install and it gives you few dogs to travel with... the dogs can see traps and detect invisible/hidden doors. And yes, the dogs are trapped to a single area, so they won't leave the areas they are assigned to.

How are the dogs called into place? Do they appear immediately next to your character in Irenicus dungeon? Do they spawn in every area? Are they summoned via item? Do they require a specific action/quest to in order to get them? Do they count as party members? Are they controllable by the player or they run on their own script?

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

How are the dogs called into place? Do they appear immediately next to your character in Irenicus dungeon? Do they spawn in every area? Are they summoned via item? Do they require a specific action/quest to in order to get them? Do they count as party members? Are they controllable by the player or they run on their own script?

They are called to place just like any other monster in the game, so you'll find then in specific places in few areas, and they come to speak to you, so you can agree to control them or not. They are not party members, but they are controlled by the player just like any summoned creature, they have a thief class, so they can do the detecting of traps, illusions etc. and they do not have a special script except to enable the dialogs, and walking to them. They are normal dogs, so they are subject to everything a normal character is subject to, and they have no magical powers, and so they can and will die from few hits.
There are no new items, nor are they summoned by one, nor are there so many of the dogs that you would need more than hands fingers to count them.

PS:Thanks for your interest, do ask more, if you have questions.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 April 2009 - 10:26 AM.

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

The mod should be compatible with all WeiDU and non-WeiDU mods as long as this mod is installed after any area changing once, and that the area scripts aren't re-assigned to different once.

You know the BWP. :D
Which place in the installation order you recommend to install your mod?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

Ou, wou , what's that? ;)
Now, where would I install the mod in? Is last. But as I tested the mod, so none of the scripts misfire anymore, I am confident to say that it should be installed with the parameters I set... so anywhere after the BGT... but if you wish to put it in a group, you put it in the "17. MINI-MODS" according to the English .pdf file.

Now, I could send you or anyone else interested few spoilers in a PM if you wish, but it will then ruin the fun of the mod for you...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 April 2009 - 12:53 AM.

#8 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:28 AM

That oughta do it, thanks.

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

When's Jarno gonna get a 'Modder' tag? Isn't this his 2nd production?

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

If/when he has a properly hosted mod with a forum here at SHS. :)

#11 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Ou, wou , what's that? ;)
Now, where would I install the mod in? Is last. But as I tested the mod, so none of the scripts misfire anymore, I am confident to say that it should be installed with the parameters I set... so anywhere after the BGT... but if you wish to put it in a group, you put it in the "17. MINI-MODS" according to the English .pdf file.

Now, I could send you or anyone else interested few spoilers in a PM if you wish, but it will then ruin the fun of the mod for you...

Thank you, Jarno. Yes, "BG2 MINI MODS" is a good place for Cerberus. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#12 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:25 AM

Posted Image

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

So, OK... I know this is invisible mod and most of the content is well hidden. But, there has been over 800 downloads and no comment on the content, so has anyone played from SoA to ToB with this mod installed?
I might release a v1 sometime in the next Millennium, so there is no rush, but with this rate even the elves are getting old...

#14 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Jarno, please, traify your mod. I need *.tra files to add russian language :)

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:59 AM

Jarno, please, traify your mod. I need *.tra files to add russian language :)

I'll do that to the v1 if I ever get to release it... there will be more components to it too, so you get to translate more too.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

If I might, I have a slight glitch/bug with this mod (non-game-breaking :P) ...

The dogs ... they talk ... and not just about any stuff ... they talk about EASTHAVEN!!! :lol: (they're really freaky hell dogs :devil:) Anyway, they give these lines on selection and moving :) (and looking at the tp2, they probably have sounds ... that don't play :unsure:)

What changelogs dya need good sir? :D

EDIT: Hmm, looks like some kinda dialogue was supposed to happen when the dog met CHARNAME ... well, I do remember it trying to stick with CHARNAME (dog didn't move when I told it to and only faced the PC) but no dialogue happened. And it began to move normally after a few clickies (I thought my mouse was the problem :P)

Attached Images

• Baldr008.png

Edited by Lollorian, 14 February 2010 - 10:04 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

If I might, I have a slight glitch/bug with this mod (non-game-breaking :P) ...

The dogs ... they talk ... and not just about any stuff ... they talk about EASTHAVEN!!! :lol: (they're really freaky hell dogs :devil:) Anyway, they give these lines on selection and moving :) (and looking at the tp2, they probably have sounds ... that don't play :unsure:)

Yeah, I ah, messed up a bit with the dog, as the sound set was supposed to be put to another .cre... but still that wouldn't solve the problem there, hmm. I'll have to reassemble the thing later bit more. Well, to my knowledge, I have already, but it got pushed aside as I moved it to another project. Yeah, I cheesed up the dogs .cre, so it would spawn weird lines if you had a large installation and I now made the updated to fix this.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 February 2010 - 11:48 AM.

#18 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

I'll do that to the v1 if I ever get to release it...

Now, v1 is released. Waiting for the traify :D

Edited by prowler, 14 February 2010 - 12:27 PM.

Murloc-translator

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Now, v1 is released. Waiting for the traify :D

OK, PM sent... and if anyone else should wish to do the same to other than English, (German) or Russian, ask me here or in PM you the .tra's content... If I haven't uploaded the file yet. Just remember that I ask that you'll commit to the translating the project later too, it's currently less than 10 short lines, but it might be more later.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 February 2010 - 02:17 PM.

#20 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Ready :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  rus.tra   528bytes   532 downloads

Murloc-translator