EET BGT

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#81 Resurrection

Resurrection
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi mm75,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. First off I really like the idea of this submod and I was enjoying it for a short while until it made my game tiresome and frustrating. It wasn't the spawn itself, but the number of spawn points I encountered. In normal game one doesn't notice it, because spawn is lame consisting of one gibberling or wolf at most. But now when the spawn is 6 wolfs or combination of several creatures, it is very noticeable. Going straight along the road from first location to FAI gave me 5 (!) such spawns. I thought ok. But when with full party wandering around takes ages, because there are like bazillion such battles in each location. Again, strength of spawn seems fine to me, but its frequency is way too much.

So, is there by any chance possibility to include an option to cut down the number of spawn points or dramatically increase the chance of no spawn?

Thx

#82 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

Hi resurrection,

please may u let me know if u travelled during day or during night-time? It makes A LOT of difference really. I'd need to know when u encounter spawns and also where. It makes a huge difference to go in Firewine Ruins or the way below Beregost for example.

thanks,
mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#83 Resurrection

Resurrection
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hi resurrection,

please may u let me know if u travelled during day or during night-time? It makes A LOT of difference really. I'd need to know when u encounter spawns and also where. It makes a huge difference to go in Firewine Ruins or the way below Beregost for example.

thanks,
mm75

It was right after Gorion's death, so in the night:

1. On the way to the G's body few wild dogs.
2. In the same location as is the messenger.
3. Just south of FIA location around the ring in the rock place. 3 dire wolfs + 3 wolfs.
4. Same location: crossroads (so immediately under the previous spawn) around the stone with directions on the road: 4 wolfs.
5. Same location: On the road close to Aoln.

Personally I would expect spawn to be at least off the roads and more in the wild (except bandits of course).

As for day/night I didn't really notice any big difference. When in full party I was again going through the location just south of FIA and encountered like 5 spawn points on the road itself and half a dozen in the wilderness around it. But the real pain was the area just south of Beregost. There were spawn EVERYWHERE and I could not count it even and it was generating even behind me (on places I have been seconds ago). Again during the day.

Maybe my installation was broken somehow? Altough I installed BGTSpawn almost as the last to avoid it...

#84 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:21 AM

That's odd.. While BGSpawns indeed increment the number of creatures a spawn point generates, thus making spawn points more noticeable, I haven't experienced the behavior you're describing.
While some of the spawns you had are the (I suppose) hardest ones at your level (so those are the rarest too) and you maybe got a bit unlucky, in my game spawn points don't reset as often as yours seems to do. Did you install any other spawn system altering mod? Some tweakpacks have their own components for that, so it may be a clash between those mods and BGSpawn (which should be the only installed component that alters spawns).
For example, south of Beregost I get quite some spawns, but the spawn points are at least one screen of distance between one another, and I have none on the road (apart from the two quest related ogrillons).
Also, I usually encounter a wolf or two where the ring is supposed to be south of the FAI, in the same area i get gibberlings or one or two bandts around the pillar on the road, and the other spawn points are like this too. There is anyway a really low chance the spawn will have more creatures (like 5 bandits).

Note: I haven't read BGSpawn code, so all of the above is based upon my gaming experience. Also, I installed BGSpawns right before SCS I, to make BGSpawn creatures use the SCS I options I chose.
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#85 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

It was right after Gorion's death, so in the night:

3. Just south of FIA location around the ring in the rock place. 3 dire wolfs + 3 wolfs.
4. Same location: crossroads (so immediately under the previous spawn) around the stone with directions on the road: 4 wolfs.

Personally I would expect spawn to be at least off the roads and more in the wild (except bandits of course).

What level was your party at that time? Definitely u cannot face 3 dire wolfs & 3 wolfs at 1-2 level. As per spawn points, i cannot change them, they're the very same as vanilla game, it would be a terrible work to change completely them.

As for day/night I didn't really notice any big difference. When in full party I was again going through the location just south of FIA and encountered like 5 spawn points on the road itself and half a dozen in the wilderness around it. But the real pain was the area just south of Beregost. There were spawn EVERYWHERE and I could not count it even and it was generating even behind me (on places I have been seconds ago). Again during the day.

Maybe my installation was broken somehow? Altough I installed BGTSpawn almost as the last to avoid it...

Again, strange indeed ... u won't face EVERYWHERE spawns, may you post please your Weidu.log?

tx,
mm75

#86 Resurrection

Resurrection
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

Unfortunately I don't have it installed anymore, but it must have been some conflicts. I think I have installed SCS after BGTSpawn, could those two interfere? Prior to both I have installed BGTTweaks and BG2TweakPack, which both have some components regarding spawn. Will try new install and give it another try.

#87 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:40 AM

Unfortunately I don't have it installed anymore, but it must have been some conflicts. I think I have installed SCS after BGTSpawn, could those two interfere? Prior to both I have installed BGTTweaks and BG2TweakPack, which both have some components regarding spawn. Will try new install and give it another try.

SCS works great with the mod, no conflicts at all (and no matter technically if u install it later or before BGSpawn). Maybe something else (some tweaks?) screwed up your install,

mm75

#88 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

If you install BGSpawn, then don't install the other spawn changing components of the other mods.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#89 -Aranthys-

-Aranthys-

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

If you install BGSpawn, then don't install the other spawn changing components of the other mods.

Greetings Leomar

Actually, I would install BGTutu-spawn from BGTTweaks before installing BGTSpawn.
There are some areas that are not modified by BGSpawns, and are way too easy (Durlag's Tower, for example).

#90 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

That could lead to unexpected clashes. If you already tested compatibility between the two components, that's great. :) If not, I'd suggest you to use BGSpawns with SCS, which has its own Improved Durlag Tower component, fully compatible with BGSpawns.

#91 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

Actually, I would install BGTutu-spawn from BGTTweaks before installing BGTSpawn.
There are some areas that are not modified by BGSpawns, and are way too easy (Durlag's Tower, for example).

If u install the spawns from BGT tweaks before installing BGSpawn, the mod detects it and skip the install.

You're right, currently BGSpawns handles only BG-vanilla area, but the Tutu-spawn from BGT tweaks should do the same anyway. If u install the SCS component of Durlag's Tower, as pointed by kthxbye, u will enjoy the combats :whistling:

mm75

#92 -Aranthys-

-Aranthys-

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

If u install the spawns from BGT tweaks before installing BGSpawn, the mod detects it and skip the install.

You're right, currently BGSpawns handles only BG-vanilla area, but the Tutu-spawn from BGT tweaks should do the same anyway. If u install the SCS component of Durlag's Tower, as pointed by kthxbye, u will enjoy the combats :whistling:

mm75

Well actually, I did.
And there's pretty much no difference except :
1 - The dopplegangers
2 - The chess event.

That's it.

#93 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

Well actually, I did.
1 - The dopplegangers
2 - The chess event.

That's it.

Well, keep in mind that SCS's aim is to improve creatures' AI, I'm not sure if it adds also some content, but i don't believe so. U should see anyway differences from vanilla game and a SCS game because of AI. Basilisks for example in Durlag's T act differently if u noticed it. That's how the mod works.

BGSPawns mod just changes the spawns available aroung BG areas, as vanilla game, it doesn't touch Durlag's Tower or any other encounter or quest,

mm75

#94 -Aranthys-

-Aranthys-

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

Well actually, I did.
1 - The dopplegangers
2 - The chess event.

That's it.

Well, keep in mind that SCS's aim is to improve creatures' AI, I'm not sure if it adds also some content, but i don't believe so. U should see anyway differences from vanilla game and a SCS game because of AI. Basilisks for example in Durlag's T act differently if u noticed it. That's how the mod works.

BGSPawns mod just changes the spawns available aroung BG areas, as vanilla game, it doesn't touch Durlag's Tower or any other encounter or quest,

mm75

I know, i know, believe me.
But in the BGSpawn readme, it's written that if you install the BGSpawn mod after installing the BGTTweaks "Tutu-spawns" component, the "Tutu-spawns" will be overwritten, no ?

#95 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

But in the BGSpawn readme, it's written that if you install the BGSpawn mod after installing the BGTTweaks "Tutu-spawns" component, the "Tutu-spawns" will be overwritten, no ?

Yep u're right ... but currently I've modified the mod so that it skips the installation if it notices BGT-Tweaks Tutu-Spawn. I guess I have to release a new version with an updated readme :whistling:

Anyway it is technically compatible, so if u installed BGSpawn AFTER Tutu- style spawn, BGSpawn takes precedence and u see it in your game :)

mm75

#96 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

Well actually, I did.
1 - The dopplegangers
2 - The chess event.

That's it.

mm75

I've stp my .tp2 so BGspawn will compile the .bafs only if Tutu level spawns are installed. Yes, it will overwrite the same named scripts, but then the scripts that BGSpawn does not touch will remain as the tutu level style spawns. Get the best of both worlds... :)

It takes a village...

#97 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

That's really good to know! I'll may try that combo on my next install. :)

#98 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

Does this mod clashes with Dark horizonts and DSotSC? Last time I played old Tales of the Sword coast I had installed Adventures, Forge, Dark side and Vault. Boy, these were some tough spawnings!Wrights, wighs, shadows, whole armies of all manners of orcs and bugbears, whole tribes of kobolds and goblins, even trolls and some other exotic stuff. All that in the regular areas, not new ones added by these mods. So, I would like to know if this mod overwrites spawnings of these mods or merely complement them?

#99 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

BGSpawns just handles "vanilla" Spawns. It doesn't touch new areas added by mods as DSotSC for example.

I created the mod to have a sort of "balance" between areas, level of your party members and day or night-time. U will find diffucult encounters at high levels, but generally i'd say the spawns could be a bit more difficult than vanilla game (where at 3 level for example u could face a single gibberling which makes no sense for me).

If u have the chance to try the mod, please let me know any feedback u may have :)

Thanks and welcome,
mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 26 June 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#100 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

With SCS, some spawns can be really tough.
For example, 3 hobgobs magi (lvl 10-11 mage) + 3 hobgobs Warriors (Lvl ?? warriors using +1 axes) with a level 7 party... a little bit too much imho.

Argh ! I think it will be definitively too hard for me ! Thank you !

Please don't always follow what other users (guests in this case)might say. In NO WAY at 7th level u will find 3 Hob magi + 3 Hob Warriors ... only at 8+ levels u can have such kind of encounters and ... u face Orcs only far from Cities.
[...]
It's up to you to try it. I'm pretty sure the mod is quite challenging with SCS installed, but from my experience absolutely playable (not easy if u goo far from civilized area, but it's fair enough :-) ).

Of course. I am currently playing with only few "tactics" improvement such as SCS, BP...(I'm just a the beginning). When I will become a god (again!) at then of ToB. I think I will give a try to BGSpawn :)