Photo

bug report for .49a

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

since you said you fixed or thought you fixed most of the posted .49 bugs i thought you might prefer this in a new thread. But if not, let me know.

i've only just begun a new run through with .49a so only have 1 bug run into so far. im not totally sure if this was one you thought was fixed but upon entering the smuggler caverns beneath the haunted house (the actual cavern part, through the secret door, not the first bunch of rooms), i got that old evil "smuggler quaffs a potion" message over and over. It did stop once i fought and killed the first group of guys near the little boat. so one or more of them might still be using some kind of wrong script or potion still i guess.

Oh i forgot, i also got new dialogue from um shadow, candella and dirbert (i think) that came up twice, once out front of the haunted house and again when i got to the 2nd floor. This *might* be because i went in and explored the first floor, then candella was suddenly exhausted (i forgot to rest in saltmarsh after arriving) so i went back to town, rested, then came back and went upstairs, etc. But it didn't trigger again when i came back to the front of the house, only after i got to the 2nd floor.

But, i did like the new dialogues i got so far, so great work on those and i didn't see any potion quaffing in the silver princess, no bugs there at all that i can recall or made note of. Even the cath/aleigha battle went well and i was able to get aleigha on only the second try. (first time i just had a bad strategy and bad luck, not a bug.)

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Candella has a comment when you get to the second floor.
Shadow has a comment when you to the front door.
Dirbert, Erky, and Rurik all should have possible comments on the first floor. Most of these check to see if the other member is in the team before triggering, thus they shouldn't all say the same thing.

Potions, it seems, are still buggy in the script. I don't ever remember the pirates doing this so I need to see what happened. Probably another random potion that can't be used by that person (Heroism on the mage, Wisdom increases on somebody with high Wisdom already - I don't let them use it, only low status can use stat potions to bump them up, etc).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Candella has a comment when you get to the second floor.
Shadow has a comment when you to the front door.
Dirbert, Erky, and Rurik all should have possible comments on the first floor. Most of these check to see if the other member is in the team before triggering, thus they shouldn't all say the same thing.

Potions, it seems, are still buggy in the script. I don't ever remember the pirates doing this so I need to see what happened. Probably another random potion that can't be used by that person (Heroism on the mage, Wisdom increases on somebody with high Wisdom already - I don't let them use it, only low status can use stat potions to bump them up, etc).

They didn't all make the same comments as each other. i got candella saying something about the place not looking welcoming, then shadow and candella (i think) each said thier own additional lines. That was out front when i first got there, they were new to me. Then inside, first floor i didn't get the normal lines from shadow, rurik, etc. my first time there, though i walked around and snatched all the stuff on the 1st floor. i went back to town, rested and got stuff id'ed then came back. This time no one said anything outside, and rurik, etc. did their normal 1st floor lines pretty quickly after i entered. Since i'd already cleared the 1st floor i went upstairs, and candella and shadow both said the same lines that they said out front about the place not looking welcome. i'm afraid i'd need to play through the scene again to get exactly which 3 or 4 lines triggered twice.

Also, i was curious, is the shadow banter thanking <charname> for saving her from the zhents supposed to trigger at a set point? i haven't gotten that one, so wasn't sure.

And like i said, this time, it was only 1 or more of the smuggler/pirates in the front part of the cave, near the boat. once i offed them the potion msg stopped, so the guys back by the wizard seemed ok. But yeah, potion use sure as hell seems to enjoy being buggy... Sorry to deliver that bit of news that some folks are still quaffing potions.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

Shadow's comments about the Zhent mercenaries should be 10 rounds after the talk with the Zhents. It will only trigger if there is no combat so the fight would need to be over by then or it will trigger after the last round of combat. Also, this dialog only triggers if you had agreed to turn her in. Defending her doesn't trigger this talk.

Shadow should talk inside the old house, not outside. Candella should have one outside. If in the party, Dirbert, Erky, and/or Rurik will add to that conversation. On the second floor, Candella should mention the noisy floor.

All of these will only trigger once. So even if you go back to the house, they won't say it again.

Classic Adventures

#5 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

Shadow's comments about the Zhent mercenaries should be 10 rounds after the talk with the Zhents. It will only trigger if there is no combat so the fight would need to be over by then or it will trigger after the last round of combat. Also, this dialog only triggers if you had agreed to turn her in. Defending her doesn't trigger this talk.

Shadow should talk inside the old house, not outside. Candella should have one outside. If in the party, Dirbert, Erky, and/or Rurik will add to that conversation. On the second floor, Candella should mention the noisy floor.

All of these will only trigger once. So even if you go back to the house, they won't say it again.

i meant her banter about the zhents, found in the bshadow.d file where she says "You... You saved me from those bounty hunters. I never met anyone willing to do that for me before. Thank you." i saw the other stuff in her normal .d file that triggers if i go for turning her over, but i didnt do that dialogue option so didnt expect to see that. But when i was looking back at the huanted house stuff to refresh my memory before posting the bug, i saw that in her banter file she mentions it, but i never got that talk, and it seemed odd she never said anything unless i offer to turn her over.

As for the haunted house dialogs, i will play through the haunted house again if i have a save game from before my first visit there, and i'll make more careful notes, because i'm sure at least some of the dialogs triggered multiple times in my earlier playthrough.

*edit* i had a save game from just before i first visit saltmarsh, so i hit sm again, got the haunted house quest and popped over. This time i paid more attention and here's what i got. When i walk up to the front door of the haunted house, candella does her "not welcoming place" line, followed by dirbert's and rurik's matching lines, nothing from shadow or aleigha.

i went inside and got, surprisingly, no dialogs on the 1st floor, i know shadow and/or rurik should each have something to say here soon after entering, but they didn't trigger for some reason. i did explore 1st floor, walked all about, got the good treasures but no dialogs, though i know some exist.

Went to the 2nd floor and, as earlier, candella did her not welcoming line (instead of the creaky floor line) which the triggered the same lines from dirbert and rurik.

i wont try to guess why the right dialogs didnt trigger, just reporting what i got in my game of .49a

Edited by agnar, 22 April 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Okay, so Candella isn't resetting her global variable after the "not welcoming" dialog. Cool, that tells me exactly where to start looking at the problem.

Got it.

To get past this, pause the game. Move you mouse onto Candella and use the CLUAConsole to type:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TCCandellaHouseTalk","LOCALS",2)

Because it is a local variable only to her, the game has to have you selecting her, otherwise, it will automatically set the local for the PC and her talk will never work correctly.

Fixed for the next version.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 26 April 2009 - 06:52 PM.
Updates

Classic Adventures

#7 --Ace--

--Ace--

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

I've just entered the town of Mistmoor and when I enter the inn and talk to Falastra she doesn't let me ask her about her past and then go on a date with her. I am aware that it happens in your second conversation with her not the first time you speak with her. It worked in version .49, but once I installed .49a and reloaded my save, the option doesn't appear. I also noticed that the armour that Rurik makes, the one with the blue Nephelium now looks like regular plate +2, but the description is still the same.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

Fala'stra was one of the many changes done during 49a so you may have to use an earlier saved game, something from before you entered the building.

For Rurik, you get generic plate mail (magical though) if you don't have any colored gems to use. If you have a gem, which one did you use?

Classic Adventures

#9 Xeniteia

Xeniteia
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

I had a bug I encountered before (in the underground of the slaver isle), but now with Rillithar. After doing the manor quest, he goes back to his house, where we can meet him again. He rewarded all my characters, and after this I asked him to join my group again. Then he's slow, and doesn't want to follow the party. I tried to get him out of the party, but the problem is that he just follows my party, trying to talk but saying nothing.

I remember it's script-related, like a banter that didn't happen or so, but I have no idea of on how to solve it.

By the way, how to gain access to Piney Buff ? I forgot how to go there.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Xeniteia, 21 July 2009 - 03:10 PM.

#10 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

You can get to Piney Bluff once the Ghost House is done, you'll be prompted to see a new employer if you don't take up the Captain's offer. This'll lead you to Piney Bluff, essentially this is the alternative story path to Mistmoor.

Edit, posting didn't go right. Wrong response.

Edited by Solar's Harper, 22 July 2009 - 05:15 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#11 Xeniteia

Xeniteia
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Thanks a lot for the tip !

I thought the two quests can be done at the same time since a NPC (Blush if my memory serves me) speaks of it.

My problem isn't solved, so I'll wait until a future version to explore more content. :cheers:

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Check the bug report for 0.50, there is an updated script BCS file for Ril there. It should fix your problems with him not talking.

Classic Adventures

#13 Xeniteia

Xeniteia
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

Check the bug report for 0.50, there is an updated script BCS file for Ril there. It should fix your problems with him not talking.

Well, thanks a lot, but it's too late ! :crying: I've already uninstalled CA from my computer. I'm running on linux and, to be honest, that's,the only big mod that works fine. Mods like TDD, CtB, etc, often give me serious errors when installing, while CA only give a few, that don't affect play (the game is fully playable, maybe I miss some stuff but I didn't notice it). Not to add that getting rid of the Bhaal story is refreshing.