• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#21 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:57 AM

I personally don't mind people knocking the development of this mod and/or the time it has taken. They're right, it is overdue and it has been running a long time. We started this mod around about the time WeiDU appeared... and look where that is.

I can only say that this mod has turned into something bigger than we intended... there are several sub-plots now, all of which involve dialogue and thought, where as there used to only be one which only had combat.

Not to mention that many mods fall by the way, while this mod is still moving on towards its goal.

#22 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:22 AM

Your words are wise and true Quitch, so continue on this work.
The only thing I can adwise is that try not to fall in the obvious trap where you'll start to add more and more additional components to the (otherwise complete) mod, and finally wake up to the fact that there is no one left who remebers BG2 anymore... ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#23 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:24 AM

I wouldn't worry about that, after all there's still fairly active Wolfenstein 3D and Nethack communities :)

#24 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:38 AM

Eerh.. somehow the thought of finally getting my hands on RtWS near the age of 60 is a bit.. well..oppressive ;) :unsure:
'BUT' there will be a "still fairly active" BG2 community... :)
Posted Image

#25 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:26 AM

It’s like waiting for a new release from Iron Maiden. You wait an year, two years, three years... then when it finally comes out, it’s already a classic :)
(just bought the new one, eheheh... yes, *bought*)

@TGM: what’s wrong with “over 60” BG2ing??? If Irons still play the best quality metal at 50... :lol:
salvage a last horizon...but no regrets from me...

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#26 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 01:56 AM

The only thing I can adwise is that try not to fall in the obvious trap where you'll start to add more and more additional components to the (otherwise complete) mod, and finally wake up to the fact that there is no one left who remebers BG2 anymore... ;)

You'd need to talk to Cuv "I just made a new area" verthingy about that.

#27 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:05 AM

You'd need to talk to Cuv "I just made a new area" verthingy about that.

Yep... you are right about that. I am trying to stay away from my updates until the rest of the guys catch up because I keep coming up with new ideas to add.

Still working on the normal bug fixes and improving the texture and auxillary maps. The monsters are pretty much done, awaiting Xyx's scripting. Working on monster placement too at the moment... which is where I get sidetracked on new scenarios:) But I am holding myself back best I can:)

Cuv

#28 -Talos-

-Talos-

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:09 AM

I'm sorry if my earlier post seemed like an attack, it definitely wasn't supposed to come out like one. It's just that I have been eagerly awaiting this mod for what seems like ages, so I hope you can understand my disappointment at the continual setbacks of this mod. There is one think I can be thankful of, and that is that I do know it will be released sometime this year - long live BG2!

By the way, what is the expected time needed to finish this mod first run through?

#29 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:40 AM

I'm sorry if my earlier post seemed like an attack, it definitely wasn't supposed to come out like one. It's just that I have been eagerly awaiting this mod for what seems like ages

Of course, there is no problem at all. I can fully understand your feelings, but the only thing that can help here is patience ;) .
Posted Image

#30 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:31 AM

I'm sorry if my earlier post seemed like an attack, it definitely wasn't supposed to come out like one. It's just that I have been eagerly awaiting this mod for what seems like ages, so I hope you can understand my disappointment at the continual setbacks of this mod. There is one think I can be thankful of, and that is that I do know it will be released sometime this year - long live BG2!

By the way, what is the expected time needed to finish this mod first run through?

IIRC, it used to be 6-7 hours. I expect it's a fair bit longer now, but we haven't checked for some time... too much being put in place to properly test.

#31 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 06:21 AM

The mod is coming along nicely. The new people we have recruited are leading to a massive purge of bugs that have been in the mod for too long. Xyx, our resident AI expert (creator of the smart Beholders) has just gained a mountain of free time, and is currently working on implementing all the missing AI, while I plow on with missing dialogue.

It's looking good.

#32 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:07 AM

It's looking good.

Noted ;) . We keep on waiting.
Posted Image

#33 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:37 AM

It's looking good.

Noted ;) . We keep on waiting.

Oh so patiently!

#34 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:39 AM

Bah! That was mine. Blasphemous cookies (or whatever the hell remembers logins)!

#35 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

Good things come to those who wait.

#36 rreinier

rreinier
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:28 AM

Something VERY good must be coming our way then :P

Still, not wanting to be annoying, but how close are you to releasing it? Which side of Christmas are we looking forward to?

#37 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:24 AM

Not this side. More than that I can't say, we don't commit to deadlines anymore, we missed too many. However, this mod does many things that haven't been tried before (and we're having to write patches for WeiDU to accomodate them).

#38 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:27 PM

Good things come to those who wait.

I'm counting on it, though death becomes a factor sooner than later...

#39 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:19 AM

Heh, indeed.
it is good to hear that things are still comming along :)
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#40 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:10 AM

it is good to hear that things are still comming along

Haha! I remember this being said at least a year ago in the same situation...! :lol:
See ya here next year! ;) :D
Posted Image