Progress report

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#321 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:54 AM

Lure them to a room with a promise of a REAL wish scroll for everyone, lock them down and only send in food and drink ;) I just (very naively) hope it will get better once Broken hourglass is out. Which it likely won´t, oh bugger...
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#322 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:12 AM

The big problem is not that the team is doing something else (not to say that we aren't); the real problem is that nobody knows what has to be done to finish the mod and the people who are still active in the comunity don't know what task are assigned to them (if any), while the people who have moved on have a monumental task to finish on their own but suffer from total lack of cooperation.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#323 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:17 AM

Would it be possible for them to call a conference somewhere, where they would clear up who WILL and who WON´T do WHAT, then?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#324 Mr.WeaseL

Mr.WeaseL
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:27 AM

Alas, poor mod, we barely knew ye :(

#325 --discharger12--

--discharger12--

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

That's a real shame, I've been looking forward to this mod more than any other SHS mod.

#326 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

What an old topic... Is was there any progress? Are authors still here, at SHS, or is it dead?

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 27 July 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#327 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Return to Windspear as it was in its old form is dead, but the completed parts of it were merged into another project. That project has currently stalled but will eventually be finished, but not in the near future.

#328 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

After so much waiting and anticipation, we're all curious about the scope of this new project.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#329 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson

WeiDU Meddler

• 258 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Wow, I would love to hear about any new efforts based on RtW. I remember working on this so long ago =)
I gotta get rid of this friggin idiotic signature...

#330 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

I've volunteered to finish the original RTW a year ago. Did some bugfixing and polishing, then was occupied with other things. Now that Item Revisions v3 is really finished, I'm free again to work on it.

Edited by GeN1e, 29 July 2011 - 08:31 AM.

Retired from modding.

#331 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hi Genie, any progress? I still hope to one day see this finished.

#332 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Any chance someone, anyone, has any news about RtW? Or at least the "other project" it will supposedly be integrated? After reading through the docs released by Quitch, I just HAVE to know whats going on with Imoen and what the outcomes will be in the end. I'm itching to play BG again, but I've been waiting with the install in the hope of including RtW this time around... Oh, well, just letting you guys know, there are still hopeful fans out there, crossing their fingers for this oh-so-promising mod!

#333 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, but nothing much has happened. I wouldn't hold your breath, but you never know what might happen in the future I suppose.

#334 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hope is always dies last, i guess. But thanks for the fast answer.

#335 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

All the rights to the Return to Windspear material were signed over to Beamdog back in July. It might one day appear as part of their Baldur's Gate special editions. Or it might not.

#336 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for letting us know, Quitch :) Nice to see you!

#337 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Holy s***, are you serious, Quitch? Ok, now I HAVE to get my hands on all the Extended Edition versions... ok, I already preordered months ago... but now I want them even more! Can't wait to play RTW... after all this time... maybe. One day. As I said, hope dies last!
Thanks for the update, Quitch, hope you are well.

#338 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:57 AM

So I have to ask. What is the content that has your name on it that appeared on BG enhanced edition?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#339 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Just wanted to check in again... But I guess there aren't any updates... *sigh*
This rly would have been such an amazing project.

#340 davide

davide
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

Return to Windspear as it was in its old form is dead, but the completed parts of it were merged into another project. That project has currently stalled but will eventually be finished, but not in the near future.

What is this new project ? 

thanks