Photo

Meronia kidnapped Jaheira

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun

Shaun
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Jaheira left my party as per usual several days ago, but she hasn't showed up to summon me to meet Galvarey. Real time and game time are far past the point where she would typically show up and none of the Jaheira .cre codes create the appropriate version of her. I've been trying to fix the problem myself to no avail so I'm throwing it out here in hopes of a clue.

Incidentally, I do have a save available prior to her leaving but loading it and retrying doesn't prevent her from dissapearing.

Near Infinity gives her location as ARAM00, which is the transition scene between BGs 1&2 and inaccessable to me. Editing her .bcs file so she EscapeAreaMove'd to another area didn't work. Neither did setting JaheiraReturns Global to 1 or 2.

Relevant Globals:

Chapter, 6
JaheiraBanditPlot, 9
JaheiraCursed, 10
JaheiraHarperPlot, 2
JaheiraImport, 2
JaheiraPartyBG1, 1
JaheiraReleased, 1
JaheiraReturn, 91597760
JaheiraRomanceActive, 1

Any ideas?

Attached File  WeiDU.log   53.03K   353 downloads

Edited by Shaun, 01 May 2009 - 11:31 AM.

#2 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

In my last game it took something like a month game time and maybe a week real time (about 20-30 hours per week depending on how much BG you play ;) ). Try pausing the game for a few hours, play a little, then save. Repeat a few times. Sometimes the timer is up but the event hasn't been jump started. Remember it happens when you rest. If she is not showing up after several days real time, her timer is messed up. (that "JaheiraReturns" number)

#3 -Apfelsaft-

-Apfelsaft-

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

Got exactly the same problem. Is there any way to fix the messed upt timer? As Shaun mentioned, setting it to 1 or 2 doesn't help.

#4 -maximus-

-maximus-

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hmm, maybe go back and check the "JaheiraReturns" number from an earlier save (say a week after she was taken). Then put that number in latest game with shadowkeeper, rest and go on for a few days to see if she shows. As I mentioned before (didn't even know I wrote about this last year till I saw my name :huh: )the time period seems to vary from game to game.

In my current game she came back pretty quickly, maybe one or two rests at an inn. You also have to be outside in a wilderness area iirc. If nothing works with the timers or resting outside I can only suggest trying with an earlier savegame.

#5 -Apfelsaft-

-Apfelsaft-

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Well, same happens with earlier saves: Other try, same result. The timer is always JAHEIRARETURN = 31629374 and doesn't expire, adjusting it doesn't cause any reaction from the game. My hope is fading, maybe things are sometimes just irreversibelly fucked up.

#6 -maximus-

-maximus-

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

That is sometimes true. You can try to delete the variable with Shadowkeeper (you can always add it back in if you need to) and reload.
1)If its the time she disappears before you meet Galvarey then change the variable "JaheiraHarperPlot, 2" to 1 or 3 with clua console or SK.
2)If its after you meet Galvarey then you have to wait for Elminster to leave you the note. Try these changes and reload, sometimes just using the clua to change while in game doesn't work.

It reminds me of the time when Jaheira would return with BG1 version of herself, not the one you have in your party. Instead of getting her wrong version you get nothing. Strange, but give it another try.

#7 -maximus-

-maximus-

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Did some checking and compared to my game:

Relevant Globals:

Chapter, 6
JaheiraBanditPlot, 9
JaheiraCursed, 10 Didn't do that yet.
JaheiraHarperPlot, 2 I had it at 3.
JaheiraImport, 2
JaheiraPartyBG1, 1
JaheiraReleased, 1
JaheiraReturn, 91597760
JaheiraRomanceActive, 1

And I have these in addition to those above.

1)JaheiraMatch, 1 - wasn't listed but its in my game.
2)JaheiraReturn, 1902313
3)JaheiraReturns, 2 - wasn't listed but its in my game.
4)JaheiraRomance, 2856710 - probably not relevant to your game.
5)JaheiraTraitor, 1 - that's after the battle with Galvarey.

Now these were in the middle of the Harper quest. The only difference from before was JaheiraHarperPlot set to 3 instead of 2. Try to add #2 and #3 from above to your globals.

I hope that helps, these were saves from months ago that I checked with SK. I try to do that whole Harpers quest asap because it can be buggy, but you have to wait for the timers and globals to set and it can be a pain. Good luck!

#8 -Kevdawg-

-Kevdawg-

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Did some checking and compared to my game:

Relevant Globals:

Chapter, 6
JaheiraBanditPlot, 9
JaheiraCursed, 10 Didn't do that yet.
JaheiraHarperPlot, 2 I had it at 3.
JaheiraImport, 2
JaheiraPartyBG1, 1
JaheiraReleased, 1
JaheiraReturn, 91597760
JaheiraRomanceActive, 1

And I have these in addition to those above.

1)JaheiraMatch, 1 - wasn't listed but its in my game.
2)JaheiraReturn, 1902313
3)JaheiraReturns, 2 - wasn't listed but its in my game.
4)JaheiraRomance, 2856710 - probably not relevant to your game.
5)JaheiraTraitor, 1 - that's after the battle with Galvarey.

Now these were in the middle of the Harper quest. The only difference from before was JaheiraHarperPlot set to 3 instead of 2. Try to add #2 and #3 from above to your globals.

I hope that helps, these were saves from months ago that I checked with SK. I try to do that whole Harpers quest asap because it can be buggy, but you have to wait for the timers and globals to set and it can be a pain. Good luck!

#9 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

I have the exact same problem.

Though I think it might be, because I changed her kit midgame (near the beginning of BG2) using lvl1npc so when she disappeared she forgot who she was or there was some conflict or something. Maybe I'm completely off, but anyway:
What I'd like to do is to add a global variable that makes her believe she left the party so upon summoning one through CluaConsole she might actually be willing to join me rather than offering that talk of getting her out of the cage.
I assume for that I'd have to clear some of the jaheirareturn and harperplot quests, but I'd be glad to redo that in exchange to get this finally over with...
So...would anyone happen to know what that variable would be?
Though I think I have an older save lying around so I might try for that...

Turns out there is no variable for that (unless the JAHEIRA variable is responsible for that, and that looks more like a timer)...other than her romance being broken...
Could have sworn one of the tweaks adressed that matter...

Edited by Discordia, 21 August 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#10 -max-

-max-

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Try resting outside, like at the druid grove or d'arnise keep or umar hills. Definitely try a "wilderness area" , IIRC that solved it for me. That's my post earlier :D

If that doesn't work for some reason, you can open near infinity, go to saved games, and open her file inside the baldur.gam . That should show you which .cre file she is using. Then you can use clua her

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("whatever her file is")

I would try that as a last resort, because she may never mention her dialogue if the event is skipped.

#11 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

Try resting outside, like at the druid grove or d'arnise keep or umar hills. Definitely try a "wilderness area" , IIRC that solved it for me. That's my post earlier :D

If that doesn't work for some reason, you can open near infinity, go to saved games, and open her file inside the baldur.gam . That should show you which .cre file she is using. Then you can use clua her

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("whatever her file is")

I would try that as a last resort, because she may never mention her dialogue if the event is skipped.

I tried that...several times (with all sorts of values for her different variables). Maybe I should try again now that I got rid of Aerie, then Saerileth (because kicking out Saerileth first wouldn't give me her leave the party dialogue)and then I got Aerie back into my group - since prior to that there was that stuttering NPC bug, when they simply would forget their movement commands...though if that Jaheira Return timer is seconds I'll be waiting for a while as it has a value around 13 million (so like half a year of letting the game run)
I also went through all the Jaheira's I found in the shadow keeper creature browser.
She usually gives me the Irenicus Dungeon speech, doesn't initiate dialogue and there's one about getting rid of a harper slaying scimitar. Whether I have it or not.

Edited by Discordia, 25 August 2011 - 02:12 AM.

#12 -max-

-max-

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

If she is giving the "get me out" speech, its probably her low level version from start of BG2.

I don't know if its because you changed her with level 1 npc or not, but she should have a cre file associated with her in Near Infinity. Its possible it doesn't show up with Shadowkeeper, not sure about that. If you find that .cre file in the savegame try cluaing that and resting then talking. That could jumpstart her conversation.

IIRC it should only take a few days or rests for her to return, so something is messed up. It hasn't happened in my last few runthroughs so my memory is a bit hazy on that.

If that's not doing it for you I'm not sure what could fix it, besides loading an earlier save.

Also I had problems with Aerie stutter, ended up using cntrl-j a lot to move around. End that romance as soon as possible and get rid of her. As far as Saerilith - I hope you are not romancing them all, because she stops all other romances. If not romancing any of them, kick them all out and try resting, then cluaing her if she didn't show.

#13 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

That being a save where she's still in my party?
Some 200 days have passed since that...I'd rather not.
But I'll try that savegame thing, maybe it'll work. And yeah, I did change her using lvl1npc...
I tried using ctrl + j, the problem was that they forgot where they were supposed to be teleporting....so it didn't help much. At least that problem I could get rid off...

My other romances with Nalia, Aerie, Jaheira were advancing normally...until that Edomar guy showed up and I declared for Saerileth.
Summoning TTJAHIER makes her appear...and immediately disappear.
This time I caught her in a pause, so I got to talk to her.
She talks to me about having learned my lesson and that she and Minsc are joining me...maybe I should summon Minsc as well. Anyway, she doesn't join me and so I went to sleep. The first time she simply disappeared while I slept. So I summoned her again, did the same, she had the same line too, but this time she wouldn't disappear after sleeping. She has nothing to say regardless...
This time I tried summoning them both...only to have Minsc disappear while trying to speak to Jaheira and vice versa...
Guess I'll just give up on Jaheira...a pity for she took some nice equipment with her...

Edited by Discordia, 25 August 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#14 -ACB-

-ACB-

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

I have the same problem with Jaheira not returning in my BGT set up. BTW, my BGT is trimmed down to just tweaks and kits. This is my solution for continuing your quest, skipping the part where Jaheira leaves:

1.When Meronia appears, kill her off immediately with CTRL-Y.
2.Set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraReturn","Global",1)
3.Set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","Global",2) 1=Jaheira leaves party, so we skip 1. I'm not sure if this part is necessary.
4.Set CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0308") to get inside Harper Hold.
5.Set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","Global",3) to spawn Galvarey.

#15 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Haha. Sorry for necroing this thread, but I had just the same issue when I googled and found this. Jaheira took off with Meronia, and it was a long while that I awaited her return. Slept through a week or so game time and then gave up - Shadow-Keepered her gear to us and found someone else to take along. Now imagine my surprise when ages later during the middle of the Planar Sphere quest she decided to come back.

That evil Meronia, must've brought her to another plane! She came from the door to exit to the plane where the demon lurks where you need the heart. Oh, bugs... :)

#16 -Aegon-

-Aegon-

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Sorry for necroing this thread again, but I have run into exactly the same issue. Jaheira took off with Meronia, and does not come back. Any idea how to get her back?

I suspect that the timer is somehow messed up. In the unmodded game the timer is set with SetGlobalTimer("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL",2100), and in my current game the script has SetGlobalTimer("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL",SEVEN_DAYS). Maybe the constant SEVEN_DAYS is not recognized or is much higher than 2100...

But adjusting the timer with ShadowKeeper does not have any effect.

#17 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

Just a quick note after few years. The solution for me was just to return to the location, where Jaheira should have disappeared. She was still there stucked somehow. So I just waited for few seconds and then she disappeared properly. And after a rest she appeared normally. :)

#18 -Werewolf-

-Werewolf-

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

Just a quick note after few years. The solution for me was just to return to the location, where Jaheira should have disappeared. She was still there stucked somehow. So I just waited for few seconds and then she disappeared properly. And after a rest she appeared normally. :)

Wow, that worked. So simple...

Thank you!We

#19 -Chris-

-Chris-

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:21 AM

Hi. I have a problem with Jaheira. I did a thing that I suppose created a certain bug. After finishing

the quest with Kambion Prison (rescuing Heraldis) Meronia showed up. But since I didnt want her

to steal Jaheira i blocked her somehowe with others and run out of the location (Bridge District)

with whole my party - Meronia was chasing us but I was blocking her and managed to get out.

Then I came back to that location and Meronia approach us. After a talk Jaheira left the party but didnt

disappear only was left standing in the same place all the time. I cant talk to her - the game tels me

that she is busy. What should I do guys? Is there a way not to play from time before I messed up

the game? Thanks in advance!

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Hi. I have a problem with Jaheira. I did a thing that I suppose created a certain bug. After finishing

the quest with Kambion Prison (rescuing Heraldis) Meronia showed up. But since I didnt want her

to steal Jaheira i blocked her somehowe with others and run out of the location (Bridge District)

with whole my party - Meronia was chasing us but I was blocking her and managed to get out.

Then I came back to that location and Meronia approach us. After a talk Jaheira left the party but didnt

disappear only was left standing in the same place all the time. I cant talk to her - the game tels me

that she is busy. What should I do guys? Is there a way not to play from time before I messed up

the game? Thanks in advance!

Try something simple like saving the game - leave the game entirely - reload. She may still be there initially but then disappear and you can go on normally (i.e. she should return after your next rest).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*