Photo

All-mod NPCs in your party?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

Mistress Elysia's welcome return to SHS (thread here) with plans for additions to her Fade mod made me wonder how many others have played BG2 with a party made up entirely of mod NPCs, and if so, who they might be. This was my last all-mod party accompanying CHARNAME:

Saerileth (paladin)
Fade (thief)
Tashia (sorcerer)
Yasraena (fighter)

It was a party of five and about the only time I played as a cleric (dualled from fighter after level 9, I think). I started the game with Yoshimo as thief, Nalia as mage (!!!) and Minsc for muscle until I could recruit the four ladies. I romanced Fade.

And OK, it wasn't a five-party team for the entire game. But we did all the pre-Spellhold quests before rescuing my sister. By that stage Fade could easily handle all the thieving and Immy earned her keep as a mage.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

My last all-mod crew:

Saerileth (kicked out in Spellhold for Imoen)
Sarah (Ranger)
Fade (Thief)
Tashia (Sorceress)
Xan (Mage)

<CHARNAME> was a paladin, romancing Tashia.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

Yasraena (Fighter)
Callisto (Fighter)
Ninafer (Fighter/Mage)
Auren (Fighter)
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#4 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Yasraena
Kivan
Ajantis
Xan
I would use fade but I switched her out for jaheira when it came to fighteing vamps
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#5 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

If I had an all-mod party they'd have to have banters, so...
Xan (enchanter)
Kivan (archer)
Solaufein (fighter/mage)
Amber (fighter/thief)
Angelo (fighter/mage)
^ I think I'd leave him home until Immy can get to safety, and then pick him up again.

CHARNAME would probably be a fighter/cleric.

Actually, this sounds ideal. Now to go download Amber...

#6 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

My last ALL-mod was IWD2NPC, but assuming we're on about BG/BG2:

<CHARNAME> (Thief)
Angelo :wub: (Fighter/Mage)
Sola (Fighter/Mage)
Yasrena (Fighter)
Keto (Bard)
Viconia (yes, I know she's not a mod, but I refuse to play a cleric, so...)

Keto is beyond buggy, so she got kicked out early, though. And Yas gets replaced by Sarevok anyway due to having no ToB content (or didn't at the time).
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#7 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

ok mot everyone in my party are npc mod infact they are:

Charname (figther/thief)
Anomen (i know that u all hate him but he is the only one good cleric in the game)
Tsujata (great necromancer and my favourites romance npg :wub: )
Minsc (i take just becouse i love Boo)
Angelo
Haldamir (also if is not romancable is a great character)

in ToB Minsc goes away for Sarevok

#8 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

While I never have all-mod parties, if I did, this is what it'd look like.

Charname (usually a kensai, romancing non-bonded Xan - in this case, however, much more likely to be a cleric)
Xan
Kivan
Nathaniel, kicked out for Sarevok in ToB.
Amber
Fade, kicked out for Imoen in Spellhold.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#9 Elamshin

Elamshin
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

My new party idea:

Charname - Thief/Mage
Kivan
Kelsey
Ajantis
Anomen (I hate him, but I don't want to play as a cleric)
Sir Neh'taniel - He't he best npc with no romance ;)
Posted Image

Silence, I'll kill you! :)

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

Sorceress PC
Valen Shadowbreath (beta - phenomenal mod, by the way, and one of the top thee romances I've played to date, with the others being Kivan and Anomen)
Kivan
Anomen (I know he isn't a mod NPC, but not running a cleric this round, so...)
Amber
Haldamir (we're a bit tank-heavy, I know, but it suits my playing style of "throw fighters at your problems until they go away)

I haven't had managed to get to Spellhold with this party yet. I suspect I'm not going to be able to do this until I get Homeward Bound v5 or v6 out, so that I can send NPCs home from Brynnlaw. I can't bring myself to strand a character in Spellhold. I wonder if it would work to use !Name(Player2,"Anomen") !Name(Player2,"Aerie") /* etc */ as a trigger so I can send Player2 through Player6 home from Spellhold even if he/she is a mod/multiplayer NPC... Probably. Hmmmm. That would also work to send mod/multiplayer NPCs home from the Pocket Plane.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#11 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

This is something that I intended to do once, but then I figured that to leave out all the original NPCs was to get rid of a lot of the banter with the mods as well. I just compromised and put two or three mods in at each time, plus switched around NPCs (and mods) so I could get the max I could out of them.

I think the most I had was three, but I keep changing them. I don't remember who they were.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#12 -Midnight-

-Midnight-

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey! Midnight here. In my spare time I love to whip out the old bg2 game and try a few mods out to see if I like em or not. I have tried using as many as 4 at once, but not anymore. I found they have a tendencity to trip over each other at certain points in the game, trying to say stuff or whatnot. Plus, you dont get to see their interactions with each other or the vanillia npcs if they are all custom mods (with the exception of crossmod banter npcs). I find 2 custom npcs max works just fine in general.