Time Stop not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -VoD-

-VoD-

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:30 AM

Hi,

I'm playing this mod for the first time. It was fun so far, if not a bit buggy.
I have a few other mods installed including RogueRebalancing. On top of that ScS2 and at last Longer Road (LR didn't function at all unless installed last).
Now I have a problem I never had before: as soon as a mage reaches level 32 (i could narrow it down to this) Timestop stops functioning. You cast it - nothing happens. The only mods I never had installed before are LR and ScS2, so I figure it has something do with one or both of them?
Anyone has an idea what can cause this or how to repair it?
For now I will just play on and rely on Alacrity alone.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

Anyone has an idea what can cause this or how to repair it?

Well, if you wish to find the culprit... Just run the --change-log function in WeiDU:

If you do not have the "- SoA" at the end of the game directory...
Go to the game directory.
Make a directory called "results".
Run the WeiDU.exe, and if you don't have one, make it from one of the setup-*modname.exe's by copying and renaming it as WeiDU.exe, and then run it.
Push about 10 time Enter and a console appeares.
Insert this:
--change-log spwi909.spl --out results --out results/log.txt

If you do have the "-SoA" at the end...

Try opening a cmd window (on Vista, run "cmd.exe" in the start search, on XP I think it's MD-DOS Command Prompt under Accessories), then use "cd c:\games\BGII - SOA\" replacing c:\games\BGII - SOA\ with the exact path of where you installed BGII.

Then, run "weidu.exe --change-log spwi909.spl --out results --out results/log.txt"

These will make few files appear into the results directory just made, you should post the log.txt, and then there is the unchanged spwi909.spl backup files for each mod component that changed the spell that you can try to replace the current one in the override folder... but make a back up of these files first.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 May 2009 - 04:07 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -VoD-

-VoD-

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:33 AM

I assumed that LR has most likely nothing to do with it, SCS2 is the more likely candidate.
I used the backup file from the SCS2 backup folder as you suggested and now it works again!
Thanks for your quick and competent assistance:-)

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:48 AM

I assumed that LR has most likely nothing to do with it, SCS2 is the more likely candidate.
I used the backup file from the SCS2 backup folder as you suggested and now it works again!
Thanks for your quick and competent assistance :)

Yeah... Now that you know which component messed it up, as the components backup you used that works is the one that messes it up, could you post it here.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.