Anomen and Keldorn, from BioWare Romances

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:53 AM

In my mod I didn't mention his age anywere. He calls hiself "old'.

#42 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:59 AM

He calls hiself "old'.

Heh. I call myself old at times, too. I'm 41 and most of the people I work with are in their early to mid 20s.

Basically, people say they're old when they might be a couple years older than those around them, but mostly, they've got more experience... and that experience is telling them that those around them aren't going to take their advice, anyway.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#43 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

He calls hiself "old'.

Heh. I call myself old at times, too. I'm 41 and most of the people I work with are in their early to mid 20s.

Basically, people say they're old when they might be a couple years older than those around them, but mostly, they've got more experience... and that experience is telling them that those around them aren't going to take their advice, anyway.

Or when, say, they feel distinctly alienated at listening to how those around them plan to spend Spring Break and suddenly realize that they're probably the only person in their entire class, other than the teacher, who's applied for life insurance, whether or not they're the oldest chronologically.

Edited by Azkyroth, 28 May 2009 - 07:41 AM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#44 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

I started sometimes calling myself old at 30, especially when so many around me were in their teens and twenties. So that means nothing. :)

#45 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I wonder if this was the link that the poster who recalled Keldorn being 39 or 40 found.

http://www.sorcerers...G2/npcs_old.php

I must admit that that portrait of him looks better (I think) and younger than the one they eventually used. And Jan looks much better too.

#46 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

It says nothing about him actually being 40, though.

And Jan looks much better too

You mean more like a buffoon? I'm inclined to agree :)

Retired from modding.

#47 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:50 AM

It says nothing about him actually being 40, though.

Paladins rarely reach his venerable age (40)

#48 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

:doh:

Retired from modding.

#49 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:18 AM

I don't much like that portrait, TBH. He looks a lot scruffier than I prefer... but then, I've always been attracted to clean-cut men.

I do like the portrait of Jan better. I definitely suits his description as a young gnome.

BTW: Leila, I absolutely adore your new avatar. It's perfect BG2 style. Where did you get it?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#50 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

The portraits on that page made me feel kind of sick for some reason. Jan's is cutesy, though I prefer his current one, but Aerie's and Keldorn's kind of creep me out.

Thank you, berelinde! I made it myself, actually... I've been slooowly working on alternative portraits for BG1, and this one is Alora's.

Edited by Leila, 29 May 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#51 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

Yeah...those portraits freak me out. :blink: Especially Keldorn's...is it just me, or does he look like Ben Stiller...?

Edited by Aeryn, 29 May 2009 - 10:29 AM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#52 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Yeah...those portraits freak me out. :blink: Especially Keldorn's...is it just me, or does he look like Ben Stiller...?

He does a little. I cannot remember the name of the mod once hosted at the old COM but there was a mod in the works once that looked to me exactly like Ben Stiller.

There is one at G3, darn I can't recall the name, but it is for BG1 and he looks just like the Grinch.

And Leila your portrait IS very nice. :)

Edited by Ankhes, 29 May 2009 - 12:10 PM.