Photo

Which mods for BG2

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 goblinsly

goblinsly
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:10 AM

I always play on insaine. The rest of the game seems to be normal. Since i have soo many party members, doing the unseeing eye quest with level 10 party did provide some challange. At this point i ask myself why tactics and ascension doesnt update every month or soo ? Those two are without doubt the best mods that make game harder, better, more challenging. But there are soo many areas left to upgrade. Its kind of funny to play thru the game for instance, fight torgal, which is tough and then do the rest of fighter stronghold quest only to find out that its not upgraded and is laughable regarding dificulty. Did ppl lose interest in tactics and ascension ? There are lots of talented moders and also lots of mods, why arent they made compatible with tactics and included ?

#22 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

The Creator of tactics and ascension (Weimer) has moved on long ago. :( The mods are now out dated and Tactics cheats. You might try Sword Coast Stratagems II for a much better enemy AI upgrade.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#23 goblinsly

goblinsly
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

I see. This mod you speak of isnt soo much about power playing ( like tactics and ascension ) as far as i can tell. For instance, removing certain items from the game....playing this would also inspire me to not use steal/sell thing to get money but instead collect items, sell them, etc.

But how hard is it compared to tactics and ascension ? And again, many components are missing, i hope they will include more stuff until the next time i play BG2 ( currently playing with ascension and tactics ).

#24 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

But how hard is it compared to tactics and ascension ?

It's hard... to tell :) Tactics is muscle, SCS is brain. Playing against ridiculously overpowered yet stupid meatbag, playing against AI that tries to counter your every move and annoys like hell by picking off your most vulnerable party members. Tactics' approach imo is better since people generally like to defeat tough opponents - hey, he was as huge as a rock (and stupid as much) yet I've beaten him up. SCS on the other hand is more like a chess, though it's not an uncommon case to exhaust all spells and abilities just on a single fight. So I think you should give it a try.

Retired from modding.

#25 goblinsly

goblinsly
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

Next time i play i will try it. Is it the best mod ? Better the The bigger picture and other tactical mods ?

ps: you said tactics and ascension are outdated. But last version of tactics and ascension came out about the same time as last version of SCS2.

#26 goblinsly

goblinsly
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

A strange bug. I have 4 minister lloyds and his wifes in Umar Hills. Any idea how to solve this ?

#27 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

But last version of tactics and ascension came out about the same time as last version of SCS2.

That's mainly bug fixing, translations and the like. The content remains the same.

Minister Lloyd - no idea.

Retired from modding.

#28 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

A strange bug. I have 4 minister lloyds and his wifes in Umar Hills. Any idea how to solve this ?

Here is your better description of your problem from G3:

I have encountered this problem before. Minister Lloyd had a duplicate in his cabin, his wife aswell. Now its even worst. There are 4 minister Lloyds inside and 4 wifes. I have SOA + TOB installed, TOB patch, G3 fixpack, Tactics+Ascension+Redemption. I havent noticed anyone else having this problem soo if you can just point me to the right direction i will fix it myself. Just tell me how to remove certain characters from certain location.

I see you have not used the "BiG World Fixpack" which I've recommended to use for your installation. But that is not the point, because you mentioned that you encountered this problem before. I've searched in the Ascension and the Tactics forum at PPG but nobody has reported such an issue with Minister Lloyd. Is this the only duplication you have had?

But last version of tactics and ascension came out about the same time as last version of SCS2.

The SCS2 was an official release with much bug-fixes and little more content/changes. All the last updates of Ascension and Tactics were only supports. In these versions mostly new translations were added. No more.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 04 June 2009 - 10:11 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#29 goblinsly

goblinsly
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

This is the only duplication i have encountered. I think it might be connected with the fact that when i came to Umar Hills i didnt go straight to Mayor and talk to him. And everytime i reentered Umar and didnt talk to him, they was another duplicate created. I cant think of anything else.

#30 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

This is the only duplication i have encountered. I think it might be connected with the fact that when i came to Umar Hills i didnt go straight to Mayor and talk to him. And everytime i reentered Umar and didnt talk to him, they was another duplicate created. I cant think of anything else.

That could be. Have you a save game before you entered the area the first time to ckeck this? If yes, load your save game, enter the area and go directly to the Major. Normally it should be there one Major then and your idea could be right.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#31 -war_bear-

-war_bear-

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

You might also want to look at Improved Anvil. It is considered to be the hardest tactical mod out there.

Only if you like faux-total conversions that are designed to be incompatable with every other mod.

If you download/play it, don't expect any help/responces/support from it's forum/author unless your post is nothing but blind praise.

Mayor Tom Saywer you are a real liar
Improved Anvil is the hardest mod , those who win can win any other MOD, not matter that other MODs have diferent worlds
Tom Saywer envious noob , btw it works like with hundreds MODs , just maybe 20-30 incompatable MODs from the manny hundreds

#32 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. OK, the Lloyds are large and there is only so much room in their cabin, but this isn't going to break your game.

Duplication occurs when a script is interrupted before it can finish running or when the script gets corrupted during uninstallation/reinstallation. It's almost always harmless.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#33 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

You might also want to look at Improved Anvil. It is considered to be the hardest tactical mod out there.

Only if you like faux-total conversions that are designed to be incompatable with every other mod.

If you download/play it, don't expect any help/responces/support from it's forum/author unless your post is nothing but blind praise.

Mayor Tom Saywer you are a real liar
Improved Anvil is the hardest mod , those who win can win any other MOD, not matter that other MODs have diferent worlds
Tom Saywer envious noob , btw it works like with hundreds MODs , just maybe 20-30 incompatable MODs from the manny hundreds

Q: Can I use G3's BG2 Fixpack instead of Baldurdash?
A: No, you can't. BG2 fixpack is totally incompatible with Improved Anvil.

Q: Why is the mod incompatible with so many mods? The list of incompatible mods looks a bit long.
A: A few points: WALL O TEXT O AROGANCE

that sure sounds like a good mod if you catch my drift. I'll probably go and grab some of the files and tweak them, then install them. Not even going to bother to install something that has several of my favorite mods on it's incompatible list and the fixpack too. and just a note: quantity ( IA ) does not make quality.

#34 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

You know, high-jacking a thread in which someone asks for advice by turning it into a bash of another person's mod is entirely childish. Let it go.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright