• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:32 AM

I've got lots of rubbish - loads of pictures, ranging from full on paintings to silly little sketches; here;s some of them ^_^

First up - HALF DRAGONS. I am pretty much obsessed with half dragons from a design point of view - I love hybrids in general, and half dragons are my absolute favourite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next, I'll dig out my demons and tieflings (although I'll spare you my plethora of Valen Shadowbreath fanart - there's already enough of that on my other art thread! :lol:)

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#2 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:17 AM

OMG! They're so awesome! The first one really rocks! So many details!

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#3 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

I'm absolutely in love with your first half-dragon portrait! Can you do a BG resolution, to import it in-game? :crying: Please!

#4 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

Thank you very much! :hug: The first portrait is one of the few of my drawings I am actually pleased with on the whole (there are a few things I would change if I could...) - it was a lot of fun to play with all those lovely colours!

As for making her into a portrait - give me a bit and I'll see if I can sort that out (I'm not too good at resizing portraits - it really does take me some time to get it right! |There must be ab easier way to get it done as opposed to my 'trail and error - mainly error' approach).

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#5 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

As for making her into a portrait - give me a bit and I'll see if I can sort that out (I'm not too good at resizing portraits - it really does take me some time to get it right! |There must be ab easier way to get it done as opposed to my 'trail and error - mainly error' approach).

I can do it for you if you want ;-) or I can give you a few tips on how to do it based upon which programs you use for digital art.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#6 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

You got some really nice looking artwork going on. The details adds a lot of feeling into your drawings.
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#7 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

^_^ Thanks!

Okies - demons and their ilk a-comin' (n including Fade or Valen who, I have to admit, make up most of my tiefling drawings :blush:)....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

Your linearts are simply great! I wish I could achieve such details!

PS: that devil's hair remind me my own, before I cut them... :crying: At least I have no horns.... :P

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#9 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

Dex Devil is my favourite of the new artworks! The picture looks better than the others, the coloring is neater.
BTW which font did you use?

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#10 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

I love the lady tiefling before dex-devil!

#11 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

:hug: Thanks, everyone! Dex Devil is actually quite dear to me - he is inspired by Ronon Dex, a character from Stargate Atlantis, played by the actor Jason Momoa (whom I adore just a teensy bit more than I possibly should....). I met him about 18 months ago and showed him a portrait I drew of him (which I will be posting here at some point, I imagine!), which he signed (for free, he was so chuffed with it). He then insisted that I sent his mother a copy. I was a bit nervous about doing this, so my friend Rachael told her about my artwork via his official website (his mum runs it, bless him...) and so I eventually sent it to her... she then included it in a charity calendar, and asked if I had any more Jason artwork (which I do. Sad, aren't I??). She saw the sketch and loved it, and asked if I would colour it for her, so I did (it has also been included in the calendar - I got 5 pieces in in the end!). So, in a sort of surreal twist of fate, I did this for one of my favourite actor's mum (hence the reason why I took supa-care with regards to the colouring...) - not something everyone gets to do, but heigh ho! :D

The font I used was from this deviant: http://rl-brushes.deviantart.com/

#12 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Very nice stuff! :]
My faves are certainly the traditional medium works, the first half-dragon there is particularly amazing. :]

Edited by WeeRLegion, 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#13 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

The 'Trueform Dex Devil' is definitely your best piece of digital artwork, especially with so much detail. I also especially love your lady tiefling/cambion/demonspawn in general. She definitely fits in the Planescape setting. Those boots, though... they look like they'd make a better weapon than shoes. ;)

I love that you make tieflings look like more than just humans with a tail and horns.

Edited by Leila, 02 June 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#14 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thanks, everyone! Dex Devil is actually quite dear to me - he is inspired by Ronon Dex, a character from Stargate Atlantis, played by the actor Jason Momoa (whom I adore just a teensy bit more than I possibly should....). I met him about 18 months ago and showed him a portrait I drew of him (which I will be posting here at some point, I imagine!), which he signed (for free, he was so chuffed with it). He then insisted that I sent his mother a copy. I was a bit nervous about doing this, so my friend Rachael told her about my artwork via his official website (his mum runs it, bless him...) and so I eventually sent it to her... she then included it in a charity calendar, and asked if I had any more Jason artwork (which I do. Sad, aren't I??). She saw the sketch and loved it, and asked if I would colour it for her, so I did (it has also been included in the calendar - I got 5 pieces in in the end!). So, in a sort of surreal twist of fate, I did this for one of my favourite actor's mum (hence the reason why I took supa-care with regards to the colouring...) - not something everyone gets to do, but heigh ho!

That's too sweet :D you're lucky, if I were you I would have died of heart attack
*trying to imagine herself talking to Jonny Depp's mother*

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#15 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

Good job with these. Great stuff.