Photo

AR4400 Odd Spawn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:29 AM

After doing a reinstall without overwriting mods the game is playing very nicely. I've made it through most of the central areas of the sword coast in BG1.

In AR4400, Nashkel Mines entrance, a few of the spawn points I encountered spawned 3-5 amnish soldiers. These are the same .cre files as the ones guarding the mine entrance AMNIS3.CRE, at least I think they are since they all give the same dialog. What I'm not sure about is if this is a bug or intentional, since I can see amnish soldiers guarding the area around the mines as plausible.... I've attached a changelog of the AR4400.bcs, since I think that spawns are handled by .bcs files... but it doesn't seem like they are.

Any ideas on this matter?

-Mike

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

After doing a reinstall without overwriting mods the game is playing very nicely. I've made it through most of the central areas of the sword coast in BG1.

In AR4400, Nashkel Mines entrance, a few of the spawn points I encountered spawned 3-5 amnish soldiers. These are the same .cre files as the ones guarding the mine entrance AMNIS3.CRE, at least I think they are since they all give the same dialog. What I'm not sure about is if this is a bug or intentional, since I can see amnish soldiers guarding the area around the mines as plausible.... I've attached a changelog of the AR4400.bcs, since I think that spawns are handled by .bcs files... but it doesn't seem like they are.

-Mike

That's how the BG1Spawns mod is set up for that area.

It takes a village...

#3 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

-Mike

BGSpawn behaviour as Erebusant said previously. At low levels u have close to 1/3 chance to face them wandering around. Different story is while u go there around during the night :P

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 05 June 2009 - 02:00 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn