Photo

BwP Install Stuck

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UberJumper

UberJumper
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

I left the install go for about 4 hours now. Its been stuck on this for the last hour or so?

[Setup-WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21000
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe]
Copying [Setup-WeiDU.exe] -> [Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe]:
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe] (done)
[Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe] WeiDU version 21000
{Setup-Banterpack.exe} Queried (pid = 352)[WeiDU-Backup] WeiDU version 20600
[./CHITIN.KEY] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 74107 string entries
[WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG"

My weidu.log looks like this:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

Im doing a standard install using a completely fresh install, on vista 64. I have no idea what to do now...

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

You have this. So remove the 3.909Kb's setup-*modname*.exe's and copy one of the others(one that should take 508Kb) and rename them as the once you deleted. And next time, do not use the v2.1 Widescreen mod with the BWS/P installer. It works fine, if you manually install it later, but it still makes the bug, if it's used with anything else.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 June 2009 - 04:12 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 UberJumper

UberJumper
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

You have this. So remove the 3.909Kb's setup-*modname*.exe's and copy one of the others(one that should take 508Kb) and rename them as the once you deleted. And next time, do not use the v2.1 Widescreen mod with the BWS/P installer. It works fine, if you manually install it later, but it still makes the bug, if it's used with anything else.

No i don't. I opened up my process list and noticed two instances of: Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe running, i killed both and restarted the process.

Now i just got this popup error:

The program or feature "\??\D:\Applications\Black Isle\BGII-SOA\override\XM2WAVE.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity(yay typo in application) with 64-bit versions of Window. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Do i just ignore this?

#4 d2freak

d2freak
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

No i don't. I opened up my process list and noticed two instances of: Setup-A6XPPATCH.exe running, i killed both and restarted the process.

Now i just got this popup error:

The program or feature "\??\D:\Applications\Black Isle\BGII-SOA\override\XM2WAVE.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity(yay typo in application) with 64-bit versions of Window. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Do i just ignore this?

Hey, i just bumped in to say that i also got this exact error at the exact same place, as in your first post (and i neither had the widescreen mod in there) and i solved it by pressing CTRL+Break when it happened. It then asks if i want to abort the operation (y/n) i choose No and the installation continiues as normally. I havent encountered your other error, or any other error by doing this. So you might want to try it :)

i snapped this solution up from some other topic i read in here that i cant remember...

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

IIRC, any mods packaged with WeiDU v206 (which is where the OP is hanging) will have this bug. The solution is what Jarno says (copy and rename a more recent WeiDU or setup-*.exe). There is or was a stickied topic about this either here or gibberlings3.net.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle