Photo

Another BGT install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

So its been a few years and i've come back to try another run through of the fabled BGT. My current question/concern is about which order to install the last few things on my list; namely, SoBH, DSotSC, NSotSC. Only goal atm is to play through the original BG1 + mods, i'll worry about the BGII(+ mods) when I get there.

Current order of installation:
-BG and TotSC + patch
-BGII + ToB + patch
-BG2fixpack
-BGT107
-BG1UBv7
-SirinesCall_v73_BGT
-IWDPortpack
-bg1npc_portrait_pack-v2
-bg1npc-v17
-scs-v12 (Sword Coast Strategems)

Have stopped my install at this point. Although I would like to include both DSotSC and NSotSC along with SoBH im unsure of which order to proceed in (assuming there are no major problems thus far). Also im unsure of how to install Bone Hill package. I have the Bonehill_v245 and v240, but the installation instructions say to install on top of the v2.10 installation, which I didn't see listed on the downloads under SoBH. /confused

Can someone advise me here? Is the SoBH mod relatively smooth running now? I tried it years ago and had some problems...and it looks like maybe it still has some problems.

So anyways to reinterate, what would be the best way to finish my install if I still want to add DSotSC, NSotSC and SoBH? Guessing I don't have to use the BP_BGT_Worldmap_v7_1 if I don't install these mods, especially in the case of the SC ones - I can live without them on this install, but would like to try the SoBH one.

Edited by zachD, 09 June 2009 - 10:12 PM.

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

i'll worry about the BGII(+ mods) when I get there.

A very bad idea. Install order means a lot. Checkout BiG World Project (BWP) v7.0.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

i'll worry about the BGII(+ mods) when I get there.

A very bad idea. Install order means a lot. Checkout BiG World Project (BWP) v7.0.

Reason being I was just going to save my character files (at end of BG), uninstall the entire thing (more or less) and just install the BGII + components and continue on with my main characters on a fresh install (without BG1 content), at that point. Used to do this because of all the problems associated with running the mega mods in a full BGT installation with lots of small addon mods included. Albeit that was years ago and I haven't looked at the BWP info much.

I had lots and lots and lots of problems running the mega mods before with BGT, so im a bit hesitant to try BWP.... regardless, are you saying my install is bad and I should dump it and use BWP?

#4 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:54 PM

I would do just 1 install, you don't need to install all of a BWP install. Only install what mods you want and use their Mod FixPack! Oh and Read, Read & Read before starting to install!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev