Underdark Issue?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Nastasia-

-Nastasia-

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

I just went through the Underdark and all through it he was stuttering a bit and repeatedly saying "Um..I don't think now is a good time" as if I had initiated the flirts. I just got out of the underdark and he's still stuttering and the game says that I'm constantly in dialogue...

#2 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

This bug seems to rear its head from time to time. It happens after Phaere propositions the PC in the Underdark and the PC (hopefully) refuses. Here Nath is supposed to pipe up, but sometimes the dialogue doesn't come up immediately, which down the road causes the stutter bug. If you don't have a savegame from before Phaere's proposition you could go fight Bodhi and hopefully, the bug will cease after that. If you can load a savegame, after Phaere's solicitations, wait around for Nathaniel to speak a line about how relieved he is. Most importantly, don't go to the temple to see Matron Ardulace until he has said it.

#3 -Isamaer-

-Isamaer-

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

It helps if you have Nathaniel placed inside Phaere's bedroom. He didn't talk to me unless he was in sight of me when she was done talking.

#4 -Cris-

-Cris-

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

I seem to be having the same problem. After I tell Phaere I'm a eunuch, she disappears, and Nathaniel remains mum. He is in the same bedroom as I, and advancing real time has no effect, other than having Xan speak to me.

I left Athkathla before meeting Avery - could that be causing the problem? Also, the Romance Variable is still '1'.

#5 -Cris-

-Cris-

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Oh. Never mind. Upon emerging from the Underdark, I was approached by general Fairfax (Jane Austen reference), who implored Nate to visit Avery.

So, when the Romance variable=1, Nate won't comment on Phaere.

#6 -Cris-

-Cris-

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Aw, frig. It seems I'm stuck now, though. After meeting up with Avery, a bereaved Nathaniel won't talk to me. Which is fine, the dude needs to deal, I can get that. However, his dealing process takes too long: I think the script is stuck? I can't talk to him, can't get him to talk to me -- well, not through waiting, at least. Have I done something wrong? The RomanceVariable is still on 1.

#7 Alsea

Alsea
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

i'm sorry to tell you so, but i believe you have to meet avery before going to the underdark..

#8 Kiera´Sai

Kiera´Sai
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have this problem after meeting Latimer...Nathaniel WANTS to talk to me, he is facing me and I´m facing him, he can´t walk properly, because there´s a dialogue about to start...but never does. What to do, what to do? :)...I haven´t been to Underdark yet.