Photo

order of installation for a megamod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wwanno

wwanno
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:24 AM

hello to everybody, I'm new here and I need some help: I downloaded BGT, CtB, SoS, TDD, DSotSC, RoT, TS, NeJ2 (6.91+patch 6.92), Drizzt Saga (+ world map patch), BP, Worldmap v7.01. I want to install all the mods, but in what order? I know that NeJ2 doesn't work with TS, but the others? please help.
All the mods I downloaded are the latest version available today: 17 june 2009. Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

#2 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Maybe you should take a look at the Big World Project :)

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

TS... NEJ2 ...(patch 6.92)

I want to install all the mods, but in what order? I know that NeJ2 doesn't work with TS, but the others? please help.

Well, according to this, it does... but that doesn't mean the TS-BP (made from v6.10)works with it very well, which is used in the BiG World Project, as is the NEJ2 v42b and BGTNeJ2 v1.0b and NEJ2v602... and so you actually can't install everything you have downloaded, or if you do, they won't work with each others.

Now, there is two options, the BiG World Project, and the BWS, or the smaller:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + BGT v1.01 + TS v7.02 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 v6.9.4 + BGT Songs.

:whistling:
You also need the old XPpatch to lower the starting XP, or you'll start the BGT in the BG1 portion with 89 000 XP(~level7).

PS. If you go with the BiG World Project, I would advice you to just download the BWS, and let it do all the downloading... and I would also advice to read this thread entirely.
PPS. Or just for fun, you can play both of them at the same time, by having multiple copies of the BG2:ToB game.

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 June 2009 - 06:46 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 wwanno

wwanno
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:17 AM

I downloaded all the file for BWP and installed last night (I added SoB + Patch, and removed NeJ), but when I tried ti play this morning I found that the switches for the kit selection in the character creation window were filled with some dialogue strings, and the box for the kit description too. I think this appened because I forgot the ToB cd inside. So I deleted the whole SoA folder and reinstalled everything. Now I'm waiting....

I did it. No problem with the kits. I only hope I won't find bug later

Edited by wwanno, 19 June 2009 - 11:04 AM.