RR & custom bard kits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hi @ all. :)
I was wondering how RR works with custom bard kits. I'm currently working on a Bard NPC and I was thinking about giving her the possibility to achieve two points in spears due to her background, and I think the easiest way to do it is to create a copy of the bard class and setting it to maximum 2 points in spears, without modifying anything else (so that it will be compatible with components that alter the proficiency point system, and bypasses the probably overpowered issue of finding a level 1 bard with two dots in spears). I don't know how RR would react to this anyway, and I want to keep my mods as compatible as possible with the others around, especially with ones I always use.
If I copy the whole bard class and install RR after that, will RR changes affect my custom bard class as well? Or would it be best to install my mod after RR, so that it will copy an already modified bard class?
Thanks in advance. :)
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

In theory, installing your kit after RR should work fine, and it should inherit RR's changes in that case.

However, if the changes that you intend to make to the base kit are minimal, a better approach might be to assign any special abilities to your NPC through scripting. That way, you would ensure better compatibility and could also make sure that your NPC gains a special ability at a certain level, after a certain event, a certain chapter... etc.

#3 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

I will definitely try the scripted change if that's better in terms of compatibility, but that's still good to know that installing a bard based class after RR will inherit all your changes. :)
Thanks for the quick answer!
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T