So, how much life have you wasted...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

I would say a few years though I have finally laid the games down to rest I did enjoy just about every mod quest and NPC that came my way through both games and Icewind Dale 1 and 2

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#22 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

7-8 years I think? I cant exactly remember what year I have started playing but it was before I started uni so 7-8 years sound reasonable :) LONG LIVE BG2!!!

#23 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:56 AM

7-8 years I think? I cant exactly remember what year I have started playing but it was before I started uni so 7-8 years sound reasonable :) LONG LIVE BG2!!!

OFF TOPIC: Hey, babe! Is it just your ancient uncle's imagination or haven't you been around SHS for a while?

ON TOPIC: I've been replaying another older game, Warzone 2100, which went open source and grew its own modding community. It's fun but doesn't have the irresistable attraction of BG and BG2. This convinces me that the "people" mods -- the new NPCs, romances, dialogues, banters -- are the key to the continuing success of BG/2. Of course all the other mods add immense pleasure too.

@ K'aeloree: If you modders spend thousand of hours on mods, you are truly adding millions of enjoyment-hours for all the people who love these games. That should be worth giving yourself a pat on the back.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#24 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

OFF TOPIC: Hey, babe! Is it just your ancient uncle's imagination or haven't you been around SHS for a while?

ON TOPIC: I've been replaying another older game, Warzone 2100, which went open source and grew its own modding community. It's fun but doesn't have the irresistable attraction of BG and BG2. This convinces me that the "people" mods -- the new NPCs, romances, dialogues, banters -- are the key to the continuing success of BG/2. Of course all the other mods add immense pleasure too.

@ K'aeloree: If you modders spend thousand of hours on mods, you are truly adding millions of enjoyment-hours for all the people who love these games. That should be worth giving yourself a pat on the back.

Hey uncle scippy!!! No you are not wrong. I haven't been around much of late. Finally got a job! (w00t) and been busy coz of it. And now I got horrible cold (probably from one of the work ppl. Bastards!) :crying: So I have been lying in bed a lot of late *sniff sniff* And before you guys all step away... it's not swine flu... ;) so relax! :D How have you been uncle scippy? :D

#25 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:03 AM

Finally got a job! (w00t) and been busy coz of it. And now I got horrible cold (probably from one of the work ppl. Bastards!) :crying: So I have been lying in bed a lot of late *sniff sniff* And before you guys all step away... it's not swine flu... ;) so relax! :D How have you been uncle scippy? :D

Oh, the usual, you know the sort of thing... not getting swine flu, not getting exercise, not being able to imagine a list of hot Asian babes that didn't include princesspurpleblob, not dying of a three-day head cold that affected me MUCH worse than my wife because husbands always get sicker and do more whining, not posting enough Circus nonsense because of a flood of work (w00t back at you), preparing for a mega-download of latest SHS mods, making delicious sandwiches with strong cheese and fresh chillies from the garden....

What sort of job have you got?

Back on topic: A few days have passed since this thread started and I still haven't wasted any of my life on BG/2. There are so many newer mods I haven't tried, however, that I intend to not waste a lot more of my life on them, ie. really enjoy them.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#26 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I prefer to not think of it as wasting my life, but as enriching it in a very special way :D
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#27 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

What sort of job have you got?

Back on topic: A few days have passed since this thread started and I still haven't wasted any of my life on BG/2. There are so many newer mods I haven't tried, however, that I intend to not waste a lot more of my life on them, ie. really enjoy them.

I am chemist testing pharmaceuticals :X I get to know which brands are good, which brands are ok, and which I should never buy again :whistling:=p

And uncle scippy! Playing BG2 is not waste of life!! It's the blessing ;)

#28 Nadara

Nadara
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:06 AM

none but i've enjoyed it more than any other game

#29 Nadara

Nadara
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:12 AM

anyone else wonderin why the silmarillion mod is so far from having a huge fan base?

#30 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Lack of advertisement.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#31 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

I prefer to think about it as spending my time on something I like, which is a good way to live your life. No counting how many months straight I have spent on this.
I do remember staying up with BG2 until after midnight quite a few times, when I had school at 7 in the morning :P

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#32 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

I can remember a couple of times when I decided to play a little BG before going to bed - and the next time I looked up, the sun had risen! :D

#33 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'd have to guess. the first time around I finished BG1 three times, BG2 four times and IWD1 two times. Then I went away from the games and came back years later to find out about modding. I spent easily a good two to three months of doing nothing but playing, experimenting and playing. Then I went away again and now I'm back to the modding department again, smarter and less noobish than before. Let's see how long it keeps me going.