#1 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image
#62 Challenge: Enemies
Deadline: Monday, 27th July
Post your piece in this topic!

Like that bandit who tried to rob you, or that party member who just won't shut up, or even that lich you had to put together before dismembering it again... Draw me your favourite and your least favourite enemies, natural enemies and those that came by set of circumstances.

You remember the drill I hope. You have two weeks time, and everything artistic goes as long as it's made by yourself.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#2 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

Well here's my entry : I hope you'll recognize him :cheers:

img124.jpg

#3 Grayana

Grayana

Lawful Good

• 38 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Is it the mad basilisk-summoning fellow from BG1?

#4 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Is it the mad basilisk-summoning fellow from BG1?

Yay ! Mutamin :woot:
I still remember meeting him for the first time in Baldur's Gate I and cursing the basilisks for killing my party

Edit.: I had shitty pencils, so I went out and bought some new ones.
I had bought the previous for about 4?, and believe me, it was a pain to color anything with them.
I also bought a very sharp ink pen (0.1 mm), the previous one was a bit too large for my taste, and I couldn't ink properly my drawings.

Soo... I inked my drawing, and recolored it. Here's the result :)

Still not good enough, but at least I don't feel like I want to hide in a corner anymore :woot:

img125.jpg

Edited by Aranthys, 13 July 2009 - 11:31 AM.

#5 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

The new version looks better ^_^

Is this challenge Forgotten Realms only or shall we include Planescape? *puppy eyes*

Edited by Epantiras, 13 July 2009 - 12:27 PM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#6 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

**Spoilers for NWN I suppose**

Okay, sketchy portrait thingie of Aribeth de Tylmarande from NWN. She's such a tragic villain and I always think my PCs would do the same in her shoes. Or worse. ;)

Disease, death, betrayal...
Murder

Dreams, nightmares, visions...
Despair

Shattered heart, broken mind
All that matters
Is Revenge

Attached Images

• aribeth0001.jpg

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#7 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Aribeth de Marmelade! (as someone over the Bioware forums has nicknamed her)

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#8 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have to look up her name every single stinking time I try to type it. :P And now I'm picturing Aribeth in Moulin Rogue. :blink:

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#9 Grayana

Grayana

Lawful Good

• 38 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Firkraag... after I cast "feeblemind" on him. I almost felt bad, when I whacked him and he did nothing, just stood there. :lol2:

Posted Image

Drake (the girl with an axe) is confused: wasn't killing dragons supposed to be nearly impossible?

#10 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:58 AM

That's pretty awful, actually... But at least Firkraag was really an evil, scheming, murderous bastard. When I played NWN1, there was a moment where you had to kill a blue dragon, whose growth was magically fastened so that it was still a hatchling but with a full-grown body. You could talk to it beforehand, and it only asked if you've brought it some food, because it was time for the food... And yes, I cried like the oversensitive fool that I am, and could never bring myself to do it. :blush:
Yes, I have pity for non-existent, computer-rendered monsters.
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#11 Grayana

Grayana

Lawful Good

• 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:34 AM

Oh, I'm the same. For example, when my group is trotting through some forest and wolves attack me, I just want to turn around and leave them in peace... but my stupid characters, of course, charge right ahead and kill the poor wolves. They were just living there, and then my group had to come and disturb them! :(

But Firkraag... I still remember how he wiped the floors with my character the first time I tried to slay him. So, no pity for him.

#12 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

Well, when I have a ranger in the party, I usually get them to charm the attacking animal, and send it the opposite way. When the charm wears off, we're way off. Yay for sensitive girly gaming! :) And no mercy for Firkraag too!

Anyway, I decided to submit a pichur... Here's the lady who can't get a man even though she's running around in leather lingerie and overknees AND can cast powerfull domination spells (:D), so she kidnaps yours instead!

The face came out strangely teenagerish, but I think that's a good thing - someone who wants more and more all the time, who sees people as toys and tries to evade the consequences of their actions has to be quite childish and immature, actually. Huge thighs on purpose. Her avatar has them, after all.

Posted Image
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#13 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

When I played NWN1, there was a moment where you had to kill a blue dragon, whose growth was magically fastened so that it was still a hatchling but with a full-grown body. You could talk to it beforehand, and it only asked if you've brought it some food, because it was time for the food... And yes, I cried like the oversensitive fool that I am, and could never bring myself to do it. :blush:
Yes, I have pity for non-existent, computer-rendered monsters.

Oh, I'm the same. For example, when my group is trotting through some forest and wolves attack me, I just want to turn around and leave them in peace... but my stupid characters, of course, charge right ahead and kill the poor wolves. They were just living there, and then my group had to come and disturb them! :(

Well, when I have a ranger in the party, I usually get them to charm the attacking animal, and send it the opposite way. When the charm wears off, we're way off. Yay for sensitive girly gaming! :)

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

But while I was reading your messages, this was the first picture that came to my mind.
And I think it suits well the "Enemies" theme :D

girlst.jpg

#14 Grayana

Grayana

Lawful Good

• 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

:lol2: That's pretty spot on.

#15 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Well, when I have a ranger in the party, I usually get them to charm the attacking animal, and send it the opposite way. When the charm wears off, we're way off. Yay for sensitive girly gaming! :) And no mercy for Firkraag too!

I do exactly the same with my ranger. :D And for Firkraag I have special easy tactic: I summon Moon Dog (you get that figurine when you complete missions for ranger stronghold) and when Firkraag gets scared by its howling my party on haste spell whips him down while he's running around in panic. I have to yet try it on other dragons...

Anyway, you all have really good entries.
@Aranthrys: why, thank you, that's a nice spot on  :D
@Cykuta: very nice picture. :) Though bodhi is one of my most hated character in the series.
@Aeryn: your portrait of Aribeth is really very well done. :) Though I've never played NWN.

Edited by Lythari, 14 July 2009 - 02:19 PM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#16 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

So I also like Bodhi, I like Irenicus more but she's easier, I may also do mellisan or the Slayer/<CHARNAME> Dark side who is honestly the TRUE enemy for <CHARNAME>

So I did her as a vampire and her elf self

Attached Images

• bodhi.PNG

Edited by darlarosa, 14 July 2009 - 03:34 PM.

We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#17 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

A little bit of sketchy love for Shank, who totally deserves a tribute considering he's like the first enemy you fight in the game (And considering the fact he killed me like thirty times on my first playthrough).
So here he is, about to totally pwn my charname for the umpteenth time, ending the adventure before it even starts. --;

shank.JPG
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#18 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:12 AM

<3 @ Shank

I almost exclusively play melee tank characters; Shank is usually my first chunkination, a grand opening for the massive manslaughters to come. :3

#19 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

<3 @ Shank

I almost exclusively play melee tank characters; Shank is usually my first chunkination, a grand opening for the massive manslaughters to come. :3

And I always play a caster, so he's my first Game Over...
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#20 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

<3 @ Shank

And I always play a caster, so he's my first Game Over...

uhh not to make you feel bad or get off topic, I used to always do a mage >.> Shank never killed me until my second play through(but basically I had a hit and run strategy so >.>)
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!