Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:02 AM

BP SERIES CURRENT VERSION: 4.00

Changelog:

v.400 Changelog

A) As the TRA code above suggests, I've done some major overhauling
of the buff system (and for the most part, it works quite nicely!).

B) Also, I've expanded the whole goodberries bit to the nth degree. If you got
a druid factory putting these things out, they'll be flying all over the place
after a battle is over, until the party is healed up.

C) I gave retargetting a huge overhaul. I'm working out the balance between
quality of detail and performance, but as my current PC is med to top end,
it's hard for me to judge the impact on a lower-end pc. So let me know if it's
stuttering for you, maybe we can take out a few..details. Less intelligent/focused
decisions, but better runtime.

D) A little attention to party and self-healing. Trying to make it more responsive
for the low level types of BG1. It's not perfect, but better than it was IMO. Also, a new
safeguard has been added to try and prevent multiple healers from healing the same
person simultaneously. Not perfect, but much better than before.

E) NEW: French translation by Graoumf, and updated German translation by Leonardo Watson.

F) And if that wasn't enough...a bunch more spells have been added! Dark Side of the
Sword Coast, Divine Remix (kits feats so far), Song and Silence, Unfinished Business,
and more! Still to come is wild mage spells.

G) Overboard time. I got three new scripts here, one for bards, a 'fighter-ranged',
and a mage-thief script. The other ranged, is the one for spellcasting types.

Now, this is mostly an AI remaking/reforming. It's mostly complete, at last. Enjoy!

Attached Files

Edited by horred the plague, 06 April 2010 - 12:56 PM.
Updated File woo hoo!

#2 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

Now, this is mostly an AI remaking/reforming. It's far from complete; what remains is mostly 'busy-work'. These scripts assume TDD is installed, as they use the TDD spell.ids entries (i.e. HaveSpell(Myself,COM_PRIEST_BULLS_STRENGTH)) vs HaveSpellRES("XXXXXX") checks. This causes a lot of parsing errors and a whole mess of HaveSpell(Myself,0) checks throughout the script.

Part of my AI reworking was moving all the HaveSpell/HasItem checks to the top condition. Why check timers, variables etc for a spell you don't even have. The theory is to put the least likely probability check on top, the most likely at the bottom, unless order is pertinent (Targetting blocks, e.g.) So, these HaveSpell(Myself,0) checks are going to cause minimal damage to performance. But, as we all know--it's messy.

I'm not entirely sure when/if I'll have time to do all this busy work (converting from HaveSpell to HaveSpellRES). So, I figured I'd release what I've got here and let you all enjoy the improvements to them. I've reworked the hotkeys a bit, to allow for more console functionality. There are actual hotkey definitons in the script descriptions now, so you have an IG referrence to follow.

:cheers:
Horred

P.S: The comments ended up getting mostly deleted from these scripts. My apologies, was not intentional. If it really causes anybody some problems, let me know and I'll consider adding them back in (when/if I have time for the 'busy work' /data entry level).

OT, but it's good to see you around, Horred. Didn't know you were active in BP again.

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

OT, but it's good to see you around, Horred. Didn't know you were active in BP again.

Moonlighting on it, in what spare time I can find. Pace has picked up considerably on Purgatorio of late with several staff additions, so unfortunately my spare time is being increasingly gobbled up. But it's a good thing also, in ways you'll get to see one day. ;) There's even a remake of BP itself in the wings, built on top of both the fixes that the Workroom crew took care of in my prolonged absence, and the Big World Project team's fixes. Ascension segment is being tested out by Chevalier and I, at this time. Only a few issues remain, and only one major that we know of. Some day...

Horred

#4 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

It's always good to see you, Horred. :)
If you have any texts' update, don't hesitate to contact me for frenchies, and I guess SirLancelot is still around for spanishes. :)

Edited by Graoumf, 08 August 2009 - 09:32 AM.

#5 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

Hi,

I've already installed BWP version 8 STANDARD install but wish to install this.

I've tried the Setup-BPSeries in the main folder of my game (with all the file structure intact), but it just doesn't install (the DOS box doesn't install it.

Is there any way to manually install it?

Thanks.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

I've tried the Setup-BPSeries in the main folder of my game (with all the file structure intact), but it just doesn't install (the DOS box doesn't install it.

Open the Setup-BPSeries.debug and copy paste it to the Megamod thread, and then we can talk...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 October 2009 - 11:29 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

Open the Setup-BPSeries.debug and copy paste it to the Megamod thread, and then we can talk...

Ok posted.

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:56 AM

I thought I had a problem with a scripts, but after a lot of digging I tracked the crash down to the mod celestials by g3. SPCL923, summon deva, is an innate level 7 and thus causes crashes for the same reason half of the HLA's in ToB did in Bioware's release (when scripted). Look in celestials/stuff folder for details

I looked in ye olde Big World Fixpack, and I failed to see a fix for this. I used it in my install, so I double that suspicion. I know you guys watch these forums out of necessity, so I won't bother posting there :D

EDIT: Also Spell revisions overwrites an important TDD spell Daer'Ragh's Aura Cleansing. It's why the buff hotkey (B) can give you a bunch of magic axes. Either spell could easily be moved to the SPWI454-460 slot. I vote for spell revisions axe, as TDD was there first. :P

NEW VERSION!
See top post for details

Edited by horred the plague, 31 January 2010 - 10:27 AM.
News -- Update

#9 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

*bumps*

#10 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Sorry, I didn't see there was some translations you're waiting for, I had to sleep. :)
I'm on it for the french one.

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Horred for the re-release and fixes.

I see one error in BPMAGE.BAF:

IF
  HaveSpellRES("CBRJR18A")
  OR(2)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("SPL_CAST","LOCALS")
    CheckStat(Myself,1,WIZARD_IMPROVED_ALACRITY)
  OR(2)
    ActionListEmpty()
    GlobalTimerNotExpired("INTERUPT","LOCALS")
  GlobalGT("THREAT","LOCALS",2)
  OR(4)
    Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),LONG_BOW)
    Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_ALL)
    Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),DRUID_ALL)
    Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),BARD_ALL)
  !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_SILENCED)
  !HasBounceEffects(LastSeenBy(Myself))
  !InParty(LastSeenBy(Myself))
  !Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
  CheckStatLT(Myself,76,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
  CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),76,RESISTMAGIC)
  !HasItem("RAKRING",LastSeenBy(Myself)) // No such index
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("SPL_CAST","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
    SpellRES("SPWI225",LastSeenBy(Myself))
    Wait(2)
END

HaveSpellRES("CBRJR18A") should be HaveSpellRES("SPWI225")?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#12 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

This makes sense, cause I found the other half of that spell attached to yet another spell block, heh. We'll get them situated around.

Any reports on the general AI? IMO it's running much better in general; still could use some fine tuning, but smooth and fairly effective. I didn't get any lag hit from running a party of six on them. This PC is medium to top end though, so let's hear others feedback on performance.

#13 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

For lack of reports, I assessed and revamped the AI on my own. Holy fork, I'm on to something gang. :D

Buff system simplified and diversified. Toggled into short/medium/long durations on a single hotkey.

Heal-party system reworked and overhauled further. Some work on summoning hotkey system

Goodberry overhaul

Performance overhauls

More strings in need of translation

I might pass these along again, I might proceed onward....we'll see :P

The next emphasis is on adding more spells from other mods. I got the DSSPWI* set, the WM_* set, the NM* set, and the CD* set all documented in front of me and on deck for implementation. I think kits may need some special attention after that, lots of neat goodies in there.

#14 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hello Horred,

Here is the french translation for the current v3.61.

-------------------------

Besides, Isaya has some suggestions about the .tp2:

LANGUAGE ~German~
 ~Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Leonardo Watson)~
 ~bpseries\german\bpssetup.tra~
Should be replaced by (I also added the french part):
LANGUAGE ~Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Leonardo Watson)~
 ~German~
 ~bpseries\german\bpssetup.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Francais (traduit par Graoumf)~
 ~French~
 ~bpseries\french\bpssetup.tra~

-----------------------------

And an improvement (at the end of the .tp2):

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~VIEW bpseries\BPSeries-ReadMe.html~
Should be replaced by:
README ~bpseries\BPSeries-ReadMe.html~

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Sorry, I keep forgetting to post this:

New to the TRA since v3.61

//********Changes*****

// Scripts
@26 = ~BPFT-CL: ~
@27 = ~This script is designed for use with warrior and priest classes and kit types, who prefer melee to missile combat.  It has support for all Divine spells up to Quest level, including TDD spells.  It contains spell support for class and kit innates along with support for warrior high level abilities.HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) L-Toggle Party Healing~
@28 = ~BPFT-TH: ~
@29 = ~This script is designed for use with warrior and thief classes and kits.  It contains support for Hide and Detect, Backstab, and Lay Traps along with support for class and kit innates, as well as warrior and rogue high level abilities. HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) L-Lay Traps~
@30 = ~BPMage: ~
@31 = ~This script is designed for use with mages and bards.  It has spell support for Arcane spells up to level 10 including TDD spells.  It also includes bard song and rogue high level abilities. HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) V-Spell Trigger N-Spell Trigger Select F-Spell Trigger Confirm L-Toggle Bardsong~
@32 = ~BPMulti: ~
@33 = ~This script is designed for use with all single, dual, or multi-class combinations.  It favors spell use over physical attacks.  It contains spell support for virtually all arcane, divine, class, innate, spells and high level abilities. HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) V-Spell Trigger N-Spell Trigger Select F-Spell Trigger Confirm L-Toggle Party Healing~
@34 = ~BPPureF: ~
@35 = ~This script is a stripped down version of BPFI-CL.  It is useful for the fighter class and kits, barbarians, monks, and inquisitors.  Its spell support is limited but does include warrior high level abilities and also class and kit innates. HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) ~
@36 = ~BPRanged: ~
@37 = ~This script is designed for use with all classes and kit types, who prefer missile to melee combat.  It contains spell support for virtually all arcane, divine, class, innate, spells and high level abilities.  It supports class and kit innate abilities, along with support for warrior high level abilities. HOTKEYS: D-Enable/Disable AI E-Toggle Item Use K-Toggle Ranged/Melee S-Summons B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) V-Spell Trigger N-Spell Trigger Select F-Spell Trigger Confirm L-Toggle Party Healing~

//**********Additions*********

@48 = ~*Eats a goodberry*~

@49 = ~Buffing - Long Duration~
@50 = ~Buffing - Medium Duration~
@51 = ~Buffing - Short Duration~
@52 = ~Buffing - Toggled Off~

@53 = ~Here, catch! *Tosses goodberries*~
I'm going to take the interactive readme bit "out of" the program. It's outdated now anyways, and if anybody wants to see it it will be there in the folder for perusal.

Also coming in next version:

As the TRA code above suggests, I've done some major overhauling of the buff system (and for the most part, it works quite nicely!).

Also, I've expanded the whole goodberries bit to the nth degree. If you got a druid factory putting these things out, they'll be flying all over the place after a battle is over, until the party is healed up. :D

I gave retargetting a huge overhaul. I'm working out the balance between quality of detail and performance, but as my current PC is med to top end, it's hard for me to judge the impact on a lower-end pc. So let me know if it's stuttering you, maybe we can take out a few..details. Less intelligent/focused decisions, but better runtime.

A little attention to party and self-healing. Trying to make it more responsive for the low level types of BG1. It's not perfect, but better than it was IMO.

French translation by Graoumf, and updated German translation by Leonardo Watson.

And if that wasn't enough...a bunch more spells have been added! Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Divine Remix (kits feats so far), Song and Silence, Unfinished Business, and more! Still to come is Divine Remix spells, and wild mage spells as well. Maybe even in this version. Perhaps others on request, as adding more spell checks doesn't seem to add any noticeable lag hit.

Edited by horred the plague, 17 February 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#16 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

I thought I had a problem with a scripts, but after a lot of digging I tracked the crash down to the mod celestials by g3. SPCL923, summon deva, is an innate level 7 and thus causes crashes for the same reason half of the HLA's in ToB did in Bioware's release (when scripted). Look in celestials/stuff folder for details

I looked in ye olde Big World Fixpack, and I failed to see a fix for this. I used it in my install, so I double that suspicion. I know you guys watch these forums out of necessity, so I won't bother posting there :D

EDIT: Also Spell revisions overwrites an important TDD spell Daer'Ragh's Aura Cleansing. It's why the buff hotkey (B) can give you a bunch of magic axes. Either spell could easily be moved to the SPWI454-460 slot. I vote for spell revisions axe, as TDD was there first. :P

Horred (or one of the BiG folks), can you please send info on the Celestials and Spell Revisions stuff, so we (G3 folks) can adjust/fix/repair/do whatever?

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

Horred (or one of the BiG folks), can you please send info on the Celestials and Spell Revisions stuff, so we (G3 folks) can adjust/fix/repair/do whatever?

Pretty sure SR took care of its problem by using a custom prefix or something - might be in one of its hotfixes though instead of the latest version (there's a post somewhere around here on it).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#18 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

Pretty sure SR took care of its problem by using a custom prefix or something - might be in one of its hotfixes though instead of the latest version (there's a post somewhere around here on it).

Yeah, this is resolved as SR changed its Enchanted Weapon filenames in the most recent hotfix (Jan 30) so they wouldn't conflict.

P&P Celestials has a couple other unresolved bugs, so an update is definitely due.

#19 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:18 AM

Here is the french translation updated, Horred:

#20 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Here is the french translation updated, Horred:

Thanks Graoumf. I got those and they are in. You probably aren't going to like me any more, but I added 'even more' in. I do think all in all, it is worth a few strings though:

//********Changes*****

// Scripts
@3026 = ~BPFT-CL: ~
@3027 = ~This script is designed for use with warrior and priest classes and kit types, who prefer melee to missile combat.  It has support for all Divine spells up to Quest level, including several mod spells.  It contains spell support for class and kit innates along with support for warrior and priest high level abilities.
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) 
     L-Toggle Party Healing~

@3028 = ~BPFT-TH: ~
@3029 = ~This script is designed for use with warrior and thief classes and kits.  It contains support for Hide and Detect, Backstab, and Lay Traps along with support for class and kit innates, as well as warrior and rogue high level abilities. 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     L-Lay Traps~

@3030 = ~BPMage: ~
@3031 = ~This script is designed for use with mages and sorcerors.  It has spell support for Arcane spells up to level 10 including several mod spells.
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     V-Spell Trigger 
     N-Spell Trigger Select 
     F-Spell Trigger Confirm~

@3032 = ~BPMulti: ~
@3033 = ~This script is designed for use with all single, dual, or multi-class combinations.  It favors spell use over physical attacks.  It contains spell support for virtually all arcane, divine, class, innate, spells and high level abilities. 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     V-Spell Trigger 
     N-Spell Trigger Select 
     F-Spell Trigger Confirm 
     L-Toggle Party Healing~

@3034 = ~BPPureF: ~
@3035 = ~This script is a stripped down version of BPFT-CL.  It is useful for the fighter class and kits, barbarians, monks, and inquisitors.  Its spell support is limited but does include warrior high level abilities and also class and kit innates. 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration) ~

@3036 = ~BPRanged: ~
@3037 = ~This script is designed for use with all classes and kit types, who prefer missile to melee combat.  It contains spell support for virtually all arcane, divine, class, innate, spells and high level abilities.  It supports class and kit innate abilities, along with support for warrior high level abilities. 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons      
     V-Spell Trigger 
     N-Spell Trigger Select 
     F-Spell Trigger Confirm 
     L-Toggle Party Healing~

///*********OMG Even More Scripts?**********   (& more still to come hahaha!)

@3101 = ~BPFT-RNG~
@3102 = ~This script is designed for use with a more pure warrior or rogue type, a non-spellcaster that prefer missile to melee combat.  It contains spell support for fighter,ranger, paladin and rogue classes, and appropriate innate and high level abilities.  It supports most standard and some non-standard class and kit innate abilities, in particular Vlad's Charming Rogue™ for Imoen. 
HOTKEYS: 
    D-Enable/Disable AI 
    E-Toggle Item Use 
    K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
    S-Summons 
    B-Buff (Toggle Long-Medium-Short Duration)~

@3103 = ~BPBard: ~
@3104 = ~This script is designed for use especially with bards. It has spell support for Arcane spells up to level 8 including many mod spells. It also includes battlesong and bard high level abilities. 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     V-Spell Trigger 
     N-Spell Trigger Select 
     F-Spell Trigger Confirm 
     L-Toggle Bardsong~

@3105 = ~BPFT-MGT: ~
@3106 = ~This script is designed for use with spellcasting warriors and/or rogues.  It has spell support for Arcane spells up to level 10 including several mod spells.  It also includes warrior and rogue high level abilities, and support for kits (including several mod kits). 
HOTKEYS: 
     D-Enable/Disable AI 
     E-Toggle Item Use 
     K-Toggle Ranged/Melee 
     S-Summons 
     V-Spell Trigger 
     N-Spell Trigger Select 
     F-Spell Trigger Confirm
     L-Lay Traps~

You'll see a few changes in the top part, the bottom part is brand spankin new. The scripts themselves now have support for Divine Remix spells, in addition to having three new scripts as diversities. These suckers rock.