• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

The Sarevok Romance for Baldur?s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal adds the chance for some PCs to delve deeper into the life of their former half-brother. The mod focuses on a relationship that is mostly in the hands of the PC, and can range anywhere from a friendship-like companionship, to one of mutual gain, or perhaps something more than either one expect. Sarevok remains true to his character throughout the romance, and though he is not the easiest man to get close to, it is up to the PC to determine if he is worth the effort.

I am a big fan of the way Sarevok was presented in ToB. It is not my intention to alter him, but only to add on to what is currently present. Several of the lovetalks include portions of his vanilla talks. The essential "Sarevok" that BioWare created in ToB encouraged the PC to seek power for themselves, and in return Sarevok?s life was potentially altered by the PC's choice. That's the basic idea that this mod encompasses.

There will, however, be no alignment change for Sarevok. In essence I feel ToB is too short for a man of Sarevok's conviction to simply up and make such a dramatic shift in his character.

Romance Requirements:

Race: Human, half-elf, elf
Stats: Min. 13 STR or 13 INT, and 11 CHA

Installation:

- Extract the files from the .rar file into your BGII main directory, usually:

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA

- Run (double click) "setup-sarevokromance" to install

- To uninstall, run (double click) "setup-sarevokromance" again and select the appropriate option

Important:

To begin the romance, the PC must talk to Sarevok. I recommend doing this ASAP.

Compatibility:

This mod has been tested extensively with many other mods, including those that add content specific to Sarevok (Romantic Encounters, Unfinished Business and Ascension). The Sarevok Romance mod should be installed after these mods of you intend to use them simultaneously. Please report any suspected compatibility issues on the Bug Report Thread.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:52 AM

Sarevok Romance should be installed after Haer'Dalis Romance to prevent a stutter bug in ToB if both are romanced.