Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 -Daydreamer-

-Daydreamer-

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Ah, thanks, nice to know nothing's messed up (some things are acting a little weirdly for me this game!). I extended all the timers in NI and (fingers crossed) don't seem to have messed anything up so hopefully that will suit my leisurely progression rather better. :D Absolutely loving the mod thus far, btw.

#42 Cannibalistic Skittles

Cannibalistic Skittles
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

I have a stupid problem.
I'm actually having trouble *installing* the mod. :/
I download it, click on it, and get this message that the program to open it cannot be found.
I have really, really bad luck with mods, so it isn't even that surprising to me that I'm having problems with this.
Just... what can I do?

#43 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

Do you have WinRar installed? Edwin Romance is packaged as a rar file, so WinZip can't open it properly. Download it and try again.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#44 Cannibalistic Skittles

Cannibalistic Skittles
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

Do you have WinRar installed? Edwin Romance is packaged as a rar file, so WinZip can't open it properly. Download it and try again.

Uhm, I... have to admit, I'm not sure what to do with that link. ^^'
What am I supposed to do? I clicked on one of the options, and it asked me if I wanted to save it to somewhere. Do I? If so, to where? And what next?
I'm really not very good at this...

#45 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Don't worry - it can be confusing, and even now, having done it dozens of times, I still mess up installs all the time. Try downloading this by clicking "Download the latest version" and save it somewhere easy to find. Double click it to install WinRAR. You should then be able to open Sarevok's download and follow the installation instructions in the mod's Read Me. If you can't open Sarevok's download after you install WinRAR, or if anything else seems weird, let me know and we'll try to figure it out. ^_^

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#46 Cannibalistic Skittles

Cannibalistic Skittles
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

:D
You guys are awesome.
I *think* it's installed correctly. I downloaded what you said and then
it went through the normal steps. I'm typing this on a different computer than what I play Baldur's Gate on, so I'll have to report back when i;ve playes it longer.
Out of curiosity, when can I tell that the romance has started?

#47 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

If the mod is installed properly, you should be able to talk to Sarevok and his first lovetalk will pop up.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#48 Cannibalistic Skittles

Cannibalistic Skittles
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

If the mod is installed properly, you should be able to talk to Sarevok and his first lovetalk will pop up.

Ah, okay.
When will I be able to initiate this dialog?

#49 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

In the pocket plane, when Sarevok is in the party, before you've left for Saradush.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#50 Cannibalistic Skittles

Cannibalistic Skittles
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

In the pocket plane, when Sarevok is in the party, before you've left for Saradush.

It's doing nothing.
What can I do?
Edit: Oh, wait--I read that as well as having at least 13 strength or intellegence, I have to have 11 charisma. Is this right?

Edited by Cannibalistic Skittles, 02 August 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#51 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

Yes, 13 STR or INT, and 11 CHA.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#52 textile

textile
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

I've also had a problem with installation. When I try to run the setup, I get a fatal error message saying it's "unable to find DIALOG.TLK in dialog.tlk" and it won't install. Thanks for your help!

Nevermind...I had a problem with the WINRAR program. It seems to be fine now.

Edited by textile, 25 September 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#53 -paulan-

-paulan-

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Sorry to bother you, but my romance stopped at lovetalk 20. I tried to choose my answers carefully when Sarevok talked to me, but did I still do something wrong to break the romance?

#54 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Sorry to bother you, but my romance stopped at lovetalk 20. I tried to choose my answers carefully when Sarevok talked to me, but did I still do something wrong to break the romance?

No bother at all! :) Can you remember the last conversation you had with him? The subject matter, rather? (I'm a bit rusty when it comes to dear Sarevok.) There are certain points where the next lovetalk will not trigger until main plot events have passed. I'd suggest progressing the plot a bit and see if that works, but if not, let me know. Any PC lines that could potentially end the romance should be obvious, so I don't think that's the problem.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#55 -paulan-

-paulan-

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Well, last time Sarevok talked to me, he helped adjust my pack and I said thank you to him. Then I killed Tamoko in abyss, but Sarevok refused to talk about her. After that, my lovetalk stopped. PS. I hadn't killed Sendai or the dragons. So what's wrong?

#56 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

Kill Sendai and the dragons. The next LT should pop up afterward.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#57 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

Okay, I just wanted to say first of all that I love this mod - so much so I'm playing it again! :rolleyes:
I really like how his flirts, etc change depending on your alignment. That must have been a lot of work!

And this might sound like a really silly question, but I just needed clarification on something. See, I played through first as a goody-two-shoes type that didn't want to ascend and made it to the end! Yay! And I noticed that after the flirt love talk thing (might be the 8th one) where he adjusts your pack, the flirts menu changes, but...

When I've played through this time as a chaotic evil type who does want to ascend the flirts menu doesn't change after this talk. Is that meant to happen?

Again, I apologise if this is a really silly (foolish - sorry that word now has become a permament part of my vocabulary (damn you Sarevok!)) question, but it just appeared a little odd to me.

In any case, I'm off to Watcher's Keep now (again), Sarevok's interjections certainly make it a lot more bearable ^_^

Hi there.This is truly a great Mod. :lol: ´,I love it.

I play a good char.
But my Flirt menu doesn`t change after the LoveTalk 8?Where he adjust the pack.
What`s wrong?

Thanks in advance

#58 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

I think his flirts don't change for the non-ascension-seeking path unless the PC sleeps with Sarevok. So, after the journal lovetalk, if you choose to sleep with him. I'll check when I wake up to make sure (because technically I'm asleep right now :P), but I think that's how it was set up.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#59 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi there,

thank you so much for the quick answer.
I will try it.
And thanks for the great mod.

#60 -Hate-

-Hate-

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hello Aeryn.

first the mod is so fantastic :wub: ,great work.
But i have a stupid question:How can i sleep with Sarevok,when i play the not power way?I want to have other options.

sorry to bother you with it