Photo

Praise!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

I just had to offer my praise. I've finally played it through. Took me 4 days in total, but it was well worth it. Sarevok's interactions was very in-character, though I suspect he has more stories I couldn't force out of him. I'm going to replay it again, hoping to get some reactions from my teammates. Imoen was eeriely silent. Should I perhaps deal with Sendai and Abazigal before finishing Watcher's Keep?

Loved it. More banter is always good.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#22 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

(I think that is the best place to post this, but I'm unsure... Didn't feel this deserved a whole new thread, but... if it needs to be moved, thanks and sorry, mister or miz staffer/moderator)

Once again, I was thinking the other day how great and purely awesome this mod is, thank you so much, Aeryn!!! One particular talk that stuck with me is the journal talk, in front of the camp fire (you know the one...).

I do have one suggestion, though... My little monk girl would've loooooved to challenge Sarevok to a drinking match! Any chance of that happening? ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#23 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

One of the one-time talks I cut (for the sake of not wanting to burn myself out :P) was one that would be available only in taverns and can be a way to have a few friendly drinks with Sarevok, perhaps get some information from him that he might not otherwise share, or just a straight up drinking game depending on how the PC wants to handle it. Hopefully once we're moved and my kids are settled into their new school, I'll find time to finish up the "extra" stuff I really wanted to get done. ^_^ Unfortunately, that's at least a few months out at this point. I swear I'm never buying a house ever again.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#24 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

Glad to hear its in the works!!! I'll be patient, of course! RL *always* comes first! ^_^

And kudos again for making Sarevok as cuddely and lovable as a chibi Sarevok (by Flysoup), um... I mean, as fearsome as ever! ;)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#25 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

I finally played it! Not *read it*, like I did after it came out, but actually *played it*, with the Watcher's Keep and all. Enjoyed it greatly, every dialogue and every flirt. Dialogues about the Chromatic Demon and the one after Saladrex's&Imprisoned One's deaths totally rocked.

You're not going to add a few more lovetalks? (Just in case - just asking. A severe "can't get enough of Sarevok" case here! :D ).

#26 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

I certainly can't eliminate the possibility. ^_^ Now that I'm more comfortable with the whole business of writing for mods and feel more confident about stringing everything together, I might go back and smooth some rough edges on top of adding some talks, maybe some interjections I scrapped and a few new flirts. Of course, I can't even let myself think about all of that until after the move. (Escrow closes on October 23rd, which means I'll be stripping paint and cleaning a green pool when DA:O comes out in November. :doh: Doesn't real life know by now that it needs to revolve around my gaming needs?? :P)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#27 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

You're not going to add a few more lovetalks? (Just in case - just asking. A severe "can't get enough of Sarevok" case here! :D ).

Spoilerish maybe -

Yes, I feel that way too! More, please if you can? Also, is it possible to have your "affair" consummated a tad bit sooner? It happens to me so soon (I've played it about 4 times) that not everyone else's dialogues acknowledging the affair, Edwin's for example, can kick in. It is so close to the end of the game that I feel I am missing out on some good stuff.

I feel as tho we get together, kill last Bhaalspawn, which I do quickly by now being that I've played it so much, and then the final stage. Bam! It feels that quick.

But no REAL complaints. I LOVE this romance and will play it more, especially since it allows for multi-romancing for now. TOB is not my fave portion of game but Saravok certainly helps it A LOT. :cheers:

#28 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

Spoilerish maybe -

Yes, I feel that way too! More, please if you can? Also, is it possible to have your "affair" consummated a tad bit sooner? It happens to me so soon (I've played it about 4 times) that not everyone else's dialogues acknowledging the affair, Edwin's for example, can kick in. It is so close to the end of the game that I feel I am missing out on some good stuff.

May I ask, those who "acknowledges the affair", did you get those talks at a specific place, like a tavern or something? I've played the Sarevok romance 3 times, and I haven't got a single NPC to react. :crying:

Edited by Hide and Seek, 30 September 2009 - 01:34 PM.

Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#29 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Spoilerish maybe -

May I ask, those who "acknowledges the affair", did you get those talks at a specific place, like a tavern or something? I've played the Sarevok romance 3 times, and I haven't got a single NPC to react. :crying:

This actually happened during my own tests sometimes as well. The strange thing about it is that it seems to be inconsistent - one run through the companions will chat like crazy, the next they won't say a thing. I did notice (on accident) that you can force talk some of the NPC/PC banters by talking to them. I don't know why it happens that way. :unsure: I'm largely clueless when it comes to the actual inner-workings of the game. Technical stuff is scary.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

And when testing, they all triggered fine for me.

Aeryn, poke me about it in--about a week or so, and I'll take another look. :)

#31 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Will do! :hug:

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#32 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

For me Imoen talks to me in the Pocket Plane.

Edwin only says his first line - SPOILER

Do you always bed your enemies? Or something like that.

I've never heard a word from Aerie or Keldorn.

Jaheira talks to me about it in the PP.

Edwin's second talk (about what PC and Saravok do at night, making noises, etc) NEVER triggers for me. I looked up that dialog and I know it should show but it never does.

I haven't had Vicci in my party yet to know if she comments to me or not.

I'll try the Force Talk in my current game since I'm near the end and see if it works. I know I once accidentally force talked Imoen and she said her dialog so that just may work for the others. All my talks that did trigger on their own occurred in the PP.

Edited by Ankhes, 30 September 2009 - 05:01 PM.

#33 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Thanks, Ankhes!

#34 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

I did notice (on accident) that you can force talk some of the NPC/PC banters by talking to them. I don't know why it happens that way. :unsure: I'm largely clueless when it comes to the actual inner-workings of the game. Technical stuff is scary.

Many discoveries are made out of accident, though. Certainly all of mine are. ^_^
Thanks, I'll go and try that force talk right away. I'd expect at least a tell-off from Jaheira.

And I agree, technical stuff IS scary. I thank the Gods everytime my computer manages to startup without delays, blackouts, reloads and other fun stuff Saturday mornings. As far as modding go, I can create weapons and armor and SK them into the game. Sarevok is something extra, though. Time to play the evil Bhaalspawn. :cheers:

Edited by Hide and Seek, 01 October 2009 - 10:08 AM.

#35 Maid Of Many Names

Maid Of Many Names
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

Many discoveries are made out of accident, though. Certainly all of mine are. ^_^
Thanks, I'll go and try that force talk right away. I'd expect at least a tell-off from Jaheira.

LOL! I kind of expected the same. I checked the banters with Infinity Explorer and I did like her motherly threat to Sarevok. I thought that fit well, sorta along the lines of 'I'll break your knees if you break her heart'. Still, I would have expected her to pull aside my character and ask what the hell she was doing making doe eyes to her evil 'brother'. The Imoen banter was funny too with how Sarevok turned the tables on her. Still, the best out of the lot (in my opinion) was Edwin and Korgan. They always get the best lines :lol: .

Maid.

#36 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

Jaheira comments to the PC regarding the relationship, but it happens rather late in the romance so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not coming up. It's under her JAHEI25J file in Explorer if anyone hasn't read it and would like to. There's two versions depending on the romance path.

RE: Korgan - I hated him until I started making this mod! I never tried to take him anywhere for more than five minutes, but I really got into the evil party setup during writing and testing and I just love him now. :lol: His vanilla banters are so funny, even if he is a rotten little bastard. :P He, Haer'Dalis and probably Viconia I could write banters for all day long and never get tired of it.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#37 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:27 PM

If I may: I would suggest making these banters scripted, i.e. that they happen at a certain time. For example: Edwin's banter - 200 seconds after the "romance active is now 2" lovetalk, Viconia's - 300 seconds after Sarevok's confession, and so on. It would take several hours of scripting and testing, but considering that ToB is short and Sarevok-PC-sleep-together lovetalk happens very close to the end of the game, I feel it's worth it. I'm about to go on vacation, so unfortunately I can only offer snippets of code, but since it's only four banters now, I think it won't take much time.

Here's how I'd recode one banter, Edwin's(you could easily twist the code):
(Note that currently Edwin's banter doesn't check for Sarevok's in party - I think it bears correcting, because otherwise our player-who-romanced-Anomen-all-the-time-and-never-allowed-Sarevok-to-join may be very surprised).
(Also, it's "<CHARNAME>, I could not help but notice your inappropriate glances AT you brother," not "are your brother" - but you probably know).

Edwin's script:

IF
InParty(Sarevok)
Global("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",0)
Global("LS#SarevokRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
InParty(Myself)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RealSetGlobalTimer("LS#SarevokEdwinPCTimer","GLOBAL",200)
SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
InParty(Sarevok)
Global("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",1)
RealGlobalTimerExpired("LS#SarevokEdwinPCTimer","GLOBAL")
Global("LS#SarevokRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
CombatCounter(0)
!Detect([ENEMY])
Detect(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",2)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
InParty(Sarevok)
Global("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",2)
CombatCounter(0)
!Detect([ENEMY])
Detect(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
MoveToObject(Player1)
Dialogue(Player1)
END

Dialogue:

APPEND ~BEDWIN25~

IF ~Global("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",2)~ LS#sare3ed
SAY ~<CHARNAME>, I could not help but notice your inappropriate glances are you brother. (Not that anything escapes my keen insight.)~
++ ~He's not my brother. And it's not inappropriate.~ DO ~SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",3)~ + LS#sare3ed.1
++ ~I don't see how that is any of your business.~ DO ~SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",3)~ + LS#sare3ed.2
+ ~Global("LS#SarevokSex","GLOBAL",4)~ + ~Your insights would have to be pretty dull not to notice the things he and I do to each other each time we rest...~ DO ~SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",3)~ + LS#sare3ed.3
++ ~Jealous?~ DO ~SetGlobal("LS#SarevokEdwinPC","GLOBAL",3)~ + LS#sare3ed.4
END

#38 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Awesome - thank you. :hug: I think we have tracked down most of the typos as well, so once we get some time we'll be able to revamp a few things and hopefully make some of it flow a little smoother. I'll probably decide to remove the coding that kept LT8 (or...whatever LT it is now :huh:) from triggering until after Abazigail and Sendai's deaths so that there's not so much crammed into the very end there. Curse ToB for being so short.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#39 Keilara

Keilara
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Another reason I registered here was to actually praise this mod, Aeryn! So thank you for such an enjoyable mod! When I found out there was a Sarevok romance Mod, I just about squealed with joy. I've always had a "thing" for Sarevok and was relieved and delighted to learn that I was not the only one.

I do hope there'll be more content... I just can't get enough of the guy! :D

#40 nobody1985

nobody1985
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:29 AM

I loved this mod. :wub: Will there be an update in the near future :Tasty: