• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

I have also played and not read, which, considering my patience nowadays, is something in itself :)

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#42 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

^_^ Well, I did go through the entire mod to fix all the typos I know of and smooth out some of the lines I never felt too fond of. I was thinking of updating the existing download with those fixes, but I have also been tinkering through several new dialogs. With the school year winding down for my kids, I'm finding myself with a bit of freetime...I'm definitely craving a creative outlet right about now, so maybe focusing on an update is exactly what I need. Hmm... :shifty:

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#43 Adia

Adia
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Ooh, now that is something to look forward to. I've been playing a bit of BG lately, but a new Sarevok version would be enough to tempt me back to BGII :D

#44 loudchai

loudchai
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

Just wanted to bump this and add my praise for this mod. LOVED IT! <3 I took an achingly long time to finish the game just to make sure I hadn't missed any flirts or talks, but it was worth it. (The game oddly glitched after Yaga-Shura and I did not get the second challenge, but I think that was the game having a bug because I used wish at the very end of the battle and something went heywire. It wasn't the mod, I'm sure.)

But I digress. Really well done! It was awesomely spot on in terms of character. Heh. It was a strange feeling when I felt a bit chagrined when I would talk to Sarevok and he'd give me the brush off. Really strange. I've never played a mod that made me FEEL like that so well done again. <3

PS. Drew some fanart for the game, here. Yes. I am a sad Sarevok fangirl artist. Ssssh.

Edited by loudchai, 17 September 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#45 -Jazara-

-Jazara-

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Just wanted to bump this and add my praise for this mod. LOVED IT! <3 I took an achingly long time to finish the game just to make sure I hadn't missed any flirts or talks, but it was worth it. (The game oddly glitched after Yaga-Shura and I did not get the second challenge, but I think that was the game having a bug because I used wish at the very end of the battle and something went heywire. It wasn't the mod, I'm sure.)

But I digress. Really well done! It was awesomely spot on in terms of character. Heh. It was a strange feeling when I felt a bit chagrined when I would talk to Sarevok and he'd give me the brush off. Really strange. I've never played a mod that made me FEEL like that so well done again. <3

PS. Drew some fanart for the game, here. Yes. I am a sad Sarevok fangirl artist. Ssssh.

Don't worry, this mod has made me into a Sarevok fangirl fanfic writer :D Sure wish a mod update would come out soon... :whistling:

#46 --DD--

--DD--

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Strange, I played this mod a long time ago and haven't been reading the dialogue recently, but today I really felt compelled to gush.

I love this mod. It's a dream come true for me.

When I played through Baldur's Gate the first time, I was so naive. Just because the game feature a romance option in a fantasy setting, I truly believe that the love interest would swept me off my feet and I could role play the perfect romance. Of course, with Anomen as the only option, that didn't happen.

After that, I proceed to hunt down romance mods, still believing that if I looked hard enough I could find the perfect guy for my first and favorite Charname. It never happen. I met both terrible-written-guy and good-written-guy. Some I enjoyed, some I don't. All of them forced me to create a charname just for them. Ironically the flirt pack made Anomen the only one I could see my charname settle down with, but he's still not the one I'm looking for.

Finally, I learned my lesson. 'Perfect' romance is not easy to find in either fantasy or reality. I give up, made my fav charname a goddess and closed the case.

Then Sarevok Romance mod came along. First I must admit that in the beginning I wouldn't consider myself a Sarevok fan. I love the guy as a villain and all, but a love interest? Reading 'Warp and Weft', 'Shared Soul' and 'Insomnia' (and its mod counterpart) convince me that this mod is worth a try. After all, if well written fanfics could be made from this pairing, then the concept itself might not be so bad.

I get more than I ever bargain for. Sarevok stay in character all through out the mod (not that I expect any less with 'Insomnia' and all). The romance (and alliance) feel natural. The romance progression feel so inevitable (like destiny!). Every love talks, flirts and banters are as precious as pure gold. I even actually felt that there's chemistry between them. All of these while I (finally could) role-play my fav charname. This mod even allow me to flesh out her character some more!

Seriously, Sarevok's 'not-exactly-a-confession' leave me floored. It's through this mod that I have been able to role-play my definition of perfect romance. (No more therapy = romance) It's through this mod that I come to realized that both my charname and Sarevok are very, very stubborn people. (Don't know how I missed that before) It's through this mod that I love Baldur's Gate even more.

Sorry for the long anecdote, but I believe it help illustrate my point on how Sarevok Romance mod is one of my dream made real.

#47 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thank you so, so much! :hug: I love hearing from Sarevok fans, but I think I love even more hearing from people who didn't really see him that way before playing the mod. Bringing in the converts! I've actually been thinking a bit about Sarevok lately, and may start picking away at some new content over the next months. :shifty:

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#48 Nivea

Nivea
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

I would just die if you made more Sarevok stuff, this mod made me a believer in SarevokxPC. XD

#49 -catelyn-

-catelyn-

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I love this mod. It's a dream come true for me.

I get more than I ever bargain for. Sarevok stay in character all through out the mod (not that I expect any less with 'Insomnia' and all). The romance (and alliance) feel natural. The romance progression feel so inevitable (like destiny!). Every love talks, flirts and banters are as precious as pure gold. I even actually felt that there's chemistry between them. All of these while I (finally could) role-play my fav charname. This mod even allow me to flesh out her character some more!

Seriously, Sarevok's 'not-exactly-a-confession' leave me floored. It's through this mod that I have been able to role-play my definition of perfect romance. (No more therapy = romance) It's through this mod that I come to realized that both my charname and Sarevok are very, very stubborn people. (Don't know how I missed that before) It's through this mod that I love Baldur's Gate even more.

My thoughts exactly! Can we still hope for some new content? :)

#50 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Very likely, yes. Over the last few weeks, my creative urges have really struck hard, and I've picked away at a few minor things - nothing to note as "progress," necessarily, but enough to give me confidence that I'll be back to modding before too long. I appreciate the continued interest more than I can possibly say, and thank everyone for their patience. :hug:

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#51 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I absolutely love Sarevok, so any more content is very welcome. (But I guess this will come after HD ToB, yes? Which I am still awaiting eagerly!)

#52 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, that's the plan. I can pretty confidently guarantee that HD ToB will be out sometime this summer, barring any life-altering events of epic proportions. After that, hopefully before the summer is over, I'd like to run back through Sarevok and see what I can do to improve the big guy. ^_^

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#53 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Awesome. :new_thumbs:

#54 EpitomyofShyness

EpitomyofShyness
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just wanted to say that reading this made my day. :)

#55 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Very good mod. It developed the character of Sarevok. All of the reactions of other party members were fine and believable. :)

So far the best evil NPC mod (or add-on) I tried.

#56 -corialote-

-corialote-

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Just wanted to say that I'm still hoping/waiting for more content (and I'm sure I'm not the only one...) :)

#57 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I tried this during my last playthrough and... WOW.   This mod is so...so.... HOT (hawt?) !!!!  During my last playthrough, I busted my ass trying to make Kivan love me, and when he finally did.... Sarevok waltzes into my life with a smirk and a swagger, and poor Kivan was (almost) forgotten.  Thank goodness he didn't notice me sneaking around behind his back. (Sorry, mellonamin!  I just couldn't HELP myself!) 

I always thoguht Sarevok was a sexy beast.  Now I can indulge my darkest and most wicked fantasies.  And how!

This mod is absolutely brilliant.  Sexy.  I can't say enough.  I know you know what I mean.

Edited by Kai of Candlekeep, 19 September 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#58 -Dying Heart-

-Dying Heart-

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

Hey to all after the years ,

I have played the Sarevok Romance a long time ago...and it is a shame that will end someday.

I really love it and i am used to.

Maybe I am falling in love with him ,and suddenly it was over... ingame ,too ,as well as in my real life,I wish it would last forever.

Sarevok ,is thanks to you all you have write on this beautiful romance ,a "living" beeing.

He is sweet when he is all confused....hehe.But I wish it would last to eternity ....but then sometimes the game end ,and I`m sad about it.

Beautiful...really...

I wish can change place with my Charater..

Thank you for all your work.

Thank you all I can`t find the right words.I`m impressed.

#59 -Dying Heart-

-Dying Heart-

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

Hey to all after the years ,

I have played the Sarevok Romance a long time ago...and it is a shame that will end someday.

I really love it and i am used to.

Maybe I am falling in love with him ,and suddenly it was over... ingame ,too ,as well as in my real life,I wish it would last forever.

Sarevok ,is thanks to you all you have write on this beautiful romance ,a "living" beeing.

He is sweet when he is all confused....hehe.But I wish it would last to eternity ....but then sometimes the game end ,and I`m sad about it.

Beautiful...really...

I wish can change place with my Charater..

Thank you for all your work.

Thank you all I can`t find the right words.I`m impressed.

#60 -Dying Heart-

-Dying Heart-

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

sorry for the double post.