Stuck in the Duchal Palace at Sarevok's coronation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Capitatus-

-Capitatus-

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Right, so I've gotten as far as to the Duchal palace without any problems whatsoever. The dialogue between the grand dukes, Sarevok and the audience starts and the doppelgangers attack right on cue. Once I've finished them off, however, nothing happens. I've tried talking to the characters present but neither Sarevok nor the grand dukes have anything to say to me. Is there any way to solve or work around this issue?

#2 -Capitatus-

-Capitatus-

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Right, so I've gotten as far as to the Duchal palace without any problems whatsoever. The dialogue between the grand dukes, Sarevok and the audience starts and the doppelgangers attack right on cue. Once I've finished them off, however, nothing happens. I've tried talking to the characters present but neither Sarevok nor the grand dukes have anything to say to me. Is there any way to solve or work around this issue?

Oh, and I'm playing with Big World project + DTOSC and NTOSC installed, if that's of any help.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Oh, and I'm playing with Big World project + DTOSC and NTOSC installed, if that's of any help.

You better open the WeiDU.log with Notepad and copy paste the content... as the DTOSC and NTOSC belong to the BWP already, so that note doesn't really mean a thing...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 dozen

dozen
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Maybe the same problem was for me. That's not a regular thing - fifty/fifty. Some times the dialog after killing doplegangers starts and some - doesn't. Of course the Duke and the lady-mage are needed alive.

#5 xenophon

xenophon
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

Agreed with Dozen it seems a 50/50 chance that either it will progress fine or Sarevok will sit there like a statue.

I cant remember how I fixed it ( or if I did at all since it was a couple years ago).

Try searching these forums as well as Gibberlings 3 and Bioware forums, I know there is a couple topics pertaining to the problem on one of these forum that might help.

#6 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but - have you tried going upstairs to check if a doppleganger tried to escape? It happened to me a lot of times, I had to chase them around. If there are no dopplegagers in the room but one of them is alive in another area, the dukes and Sarevok will have nothing to say to you until you hunt down all of the foes.
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#7 dozen

dozen
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

...have you tried going upstairs to check if a doppleganger tried to escape?

Yep. But noone was there except one lady with a thief body type.

#8 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

Well, it seems it was an unneeded suggestion then. :D At least we've checked that out too.
Did you by chance kill one doppleganger with a critical hit? I haven't checked the code for that scene, but I suppose it works like some others. For example, if you kill Silke with a critical, Garrick and the three merchants won't recognize her death. I don't know if this happens only if you enabled gore or if this bug can show himself anyway, though.
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#9 dozen

dozen
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

Well, it seems it was an unneeded suggestion then. :D At least we've checked that out too.
Did you by chance kill one doppleganger with a critical hit? I haven't checked the code for that scene, but I suppose it works like some others. For example, if you kill Silke with a critical, Garrick and the three merchants won't recognize her death. I don't know if this happens only if you enabled gore or if this bug can show himself anyway, though.

I didn't take notes ;) . Maybe there really are criticals at fight, just don't keep it in mind. Alas, I haven't save files before that fight and can't check it =(
If the topicstarter is still here, maybe he has saves to check.

#10 Arakhor

Arakhor
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

I had that problem the other day. In my case, the doppleganger had fled downstairs into the dungeons and all was ill with the ceremony when I returned :)