Photo

Fixed SOUNDOFF.IDS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Something I'd fixed up (partially) in the restoration pack but it never made the transition to quinn's stuff...posting it here though since, technically, it's a thing to be fixed. The current SOUNDOFF.IDS file included with Torment is in many cases dead wrong. Here's a patched up version with some explainations:

0 INITIAL_MEETING
1 MORALE
2 HAPPY
3 UNHAPPY_ANNOYED
4 UNHAPPY_SERIOUS
5 UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT
6 LEADER
7 TIRED
8 BORED
9 BATTLE_CRY
14 ATTACKED
18 DAMAGE
19 DYING
20 HURT
21 AREA_RAVEL_MAZE
22 AREA_CLERK_WARD
23 AREA_BAATOR
24 AREA_HIVE_DAY
25 AREA_HIVE_NIGHT
26 SELECT_COMMON_1
27 SELECT_COMMON_2
28 SELECT_COMMON_3
29 SELECT_COMMON_4
30 SELECT_COMMON_5
31 SELECT_COMMON_6
32 SELECT_ACTION_1
33 SELECT_ACTION_2
34 SELECT_ACTION_3
35 SELECT_RARE_1
36 SELECT_RARE_2
37 SELECT_RARE_3
38 SELECT_RARE_4
39 INTERACTION
44 INSULT_1
45 INSULT_2
46 INSULT_3
47 COMPLIMENT_1
48 COMPLIMENT_2
49 COMPLIMENT_3
50 SPECIAL_1
51 SPECIAL_2
52 SPECIAL_3
53 REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL
54 REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC
55 MISCELLANEOUS_1
56 MISCELLANEOUS_2
57 MISCELLANEOUS_3
58 MISCELLANEOUS_4
59 MISCELLANEOUS_5
60 MISCELLANEOUS_6
61 NORDOM_PORTAL
62 SCRIPT_COMMENT1
63 SCRIPT_COMMENT2
64 SCRIPT_COMMENT3
65 SCRIPT_COMMENT4
66 SCRIPT_COMMENT5
67 SCRIPT_COMMENT6
68 SCRIPT_COMMENT7
69 SCRIPT_COMMENT8
70 AREA_FORTRESS_REGRETS
71 AREA_CARCERI
72 AREA_CURST
73 AREA_CUBE
74 AREA_LOWER_WARD
75 SCRIPT_COMMENTE
76 SCRIPT_COMMENTF
77 SCRIPT_COMMENTG
78 SCRIPT_COMMENTH
79 SCRIPT_COMMENTI
80 SCRIPT_COMMENTJ
81 SCRIPT_COMMENTK
82 SCRIPT_COMMENTL
83 SCRIPT_COMMENTM
84 SCRIPT_COMMENTN
85 SCRIPT_COMMENT0
86 SCRIPT_COMMENTP
87 SCRIPT_COMMENTQ
88 SCRIPT_COMMENTR
89 SCRIPT_COMMENTS
90 SCRIPT_COMMENTT
91 SCRIPT_COMMENTU
92 SCRIPT_COMMENTV
93 SCRIPT_COMMENTW
94 SCRIPT_COMMENTX
95 SCRIPT_COMMENT9
96 SCRIPT_COMMENTA
97 SCRIPT_COMMENTB
98 SCRIPT_COMMENTC
99 SCRIPT_COMMENTD

[*]When in your override folder, NearInfinity will uses these names for the sound slots. It was a little extra thing I'd asked the guy behind NI to put in when I was bouncing things off him.
[*]COMPLIMENT_[1-3], INSULT_[1-3], and SPECIAL_[1-3] are all used by INTERACT.2DA to determine who's firing potshots/comments at whom while in the party.
[*]AREA tags are just what they sound like: Area soundoff bits. I'm pretty sure if you add a line for someone to use one of the areas they don't normally comment in, like Grace with the Hive, it *should* work, but don't hold me to that, the engine likes being hardcoded too much.
[*]SCRIPT and MISCELLANEOUS are what they sound like: bits unknown but still very much usable by scripts. You can use these to more clearly handle stuff like Morte's zombie comments and so forth without a dialogue box.
[*]NORDOM_PORTAL never works like it says, for Nordom anyway. It seems this is hardcoded to fire off his "Portal detected" line.

Hope this helps some.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

I only didn't include it because it has no visible effect in game, but if as a potential modder you'd like to have it in there to make your work easier (and yes, your version -is- more accurate), sure, no problem. And yeah, I actually created my own version while scient and I were doing the comprehensive sounds analysis, but yours looks better at a casual glance.

Qwinn

#3 Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

Side note but related to this, I noticed both Grace for her Hive comment and Morte for his zombie flirts open new dialogue boxes just to make the quick comment. Putting them in the CRE in the appropriate areas, you can use VerbalConstant() to fire off the sounds, without yoinking the camera to the character just to hear a quick comment about a "cadaverous beauty". ;)

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, I know. The reason I did it the way I did is because of foreign language players, for whom just doing the sound does nothing. The Subtitled Cutscenes component is another attempt to make the game content more accessible to them. If I had done it with VerbalConstant() or PlaySoundNotRanged() in any iteration, I would've had to do it with dialogue boxes -anyway- in that component. So, I figured just do 'em subtitled across the board, and save the whole lot of hassle of having to do it and maintain it both ways.

Qwinn