Photo

Bug Report for 0.50

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

Rilithar problem is not only the Dirbert dialogue becouse i've started a new game wihtout taking Dirbert (so no dialogue to do in the chapel) and he gives the same error

maybe the problem are the initiaded flirt of the protagonist why don't u try to remove the initiated flirt to see if he work fine wihtout? (better a working pg that one much more complete but useless)
i have some spare time till i go to holyday (as u could have see) if u do it i could test it by my self

Edited by xdeathplanetx, 01 August 2009 - 11:27 AM.

#22 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

The dialog you found was created to block Ril from talking to somebody else when talking romance with the PC (it would be very comical for him to flirt with Icar or Althon). I have removed it for now. Attached is an updated script for Ril. This fixes the first romance dialog which is why he was stuttering. Now he will only flirt once with you. The PC must initiate all flirts after that. Otherwise, once I fixed him, he talked to you ever 5 seconds. Very annoying. Anyways, this seems to work for now. I'll have to spend more time on it later but now he at least walks around Mistmoor with me without stopping every few seconds.

Just place this in your override folder. I add the uncompiled version to the next release with his corrected dialog as well.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#23 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

wow now Ril works fine great! thanks

maybe this is an other problem
before take Vildamir and Ril i have had in my party Aesdael and Blush
when i do out of Mistmoor house two efven women come to me and say 'tell us something about Watherdeep' and one of them keep follow me
is this suppose to happen?

Edited by xdeathplanetx, 02 August 2009 - 01:12 AM.

#24 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

there is an other problem wiht Rurik
he works fine but he do not take the 2 rings to the the improved one so i can make infinity improved rings

#25 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

an other problem
the dragon Bligth the scroll Skrinking Ray do not work when u use it on the dragon nothing happens

#26 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Blight will need to go into the PC's inventory so make sure you have an open slot for him. Also, you have to talk to him before using the scroll. Let he know you found it. Then use it on him.

Rurik needed an updated dialog file and script. I think I posted both here. You have to reinstall the game for them to work. If Rurik is in the party, he must have enough empty inventory slots for everything to work. Otherwise, he may drop items you need. This isn't a problem for the non-joining Rurik, only if he is in the party.

Update - Found the problem. The scroll casts spell SPIN301.SPL but for some reason, the install file doesn't copy this over to the override folder like it used to. I can't think of a reason for why I would have removed it. Anyways, go into the \Classics050\SPL folder and copy that SPL file into your override. That should make the scroll work again.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 02 August 2009 - 09:59 AM.
Update

Classic Adventures

#27 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

in Westgate in one of the house there's a man named Chesnar and u can't turm is dialogue down becouse u can onle say 'who are u' and 'how i escape from Westgate?' no the're nothing like thanks goodbye

#28 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

this is a bad bug
after westgate and the cave livel (the ones under keendelkeep) i find my self in a forest the point note on the map say a strange thing like 'this is a gold earring...'(and so on) and after few second the game crash down always there isn't the time to go away from there that the game close wiht an error

#29 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

i've done some chek on Ril to se if he works right and he do not talk wiht the <charname>
i've tryed to make my pc drunk he comed near my pg and he put on the classic initiated flirt dialogue (spy, compliment and so on..)

#30 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

first 2 bugs i found in .50-

in the saltmarsh graveyard tombs I was getting the "ghast quaffs a potion" error.

And bigger to me, the game crashes in mistmoor when i ask falastra the normal "about mistmoor" questions, get all that info, and then ask to see her services. I'll try again today and test more, see if i can succeed so long as i do different options, like rest first or break the talk after getting info then come back to get a room.

#31 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:08 AM

in Westgate in one of the house there's a man named Chesnar and u can't turm is dialogue down becouse u can onle say 'who are u' and 'how i escape from Westgate?' no the're nothing like thanks goodbye

Not sure what happened to his dialog. It does look like parts are completely missing. Lucky that he isn't important to the story right now.

Classic Adventures

#32 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:12 AM

this is a bad bug
after westgate and the cave livel (the ones under keendelkeep) i find my self in a forest the point note on the map say a strange thing like 'this is a gold earring...'(and so on) and after few second the game crash down always there isn't the time to go away from there that the game close wiht an error

The area crashes due to bad spawn points. Put this file into your override folder and see if that fixes the crashes.

Remove the ".TXT" at the end of the filename. I can't upload .2DA files here.

Update - removed bad file

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 06 August 2009 - 09:46 AM.

Classic Adventures

#33 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

The area crashes due to bad spawn points. Put this file into your override folder and see if that fixes the crashes.

no not work the game crashes the same

#34 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Just to update the falastra crash, so long as i don't ask the history of saltmarsh questions and for a room in the inn within the same dialogue, it seems fine. Only when i asked about saltmarsh then for her services did it crash.

A couple more mistmoor items, is Narcissa supposed to be joinable yet? She won't talk to me in the inn, so wasn't sure if she's meant to do anything yet or if she's placed but still in progress.

Should falastra still be willing to join me when mistmoor is completed? i thought she was being changed back to only bring joinable later on in MD? Was just curious about that.

#35 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

first 2 bugs i found in .50-

in the saltmarsh graveyard tombs I was getting the "ghast quaffs a potion" error.

And bigger to me, the game crashes in mistmoor when i ask falastra the normal "about mistmoor" questions, get all that info, and then ask to see her services. I'll try again today and test more, see if i can succeed so long as i do different options, like rest first or break the talk after getting info then come back to get a room.

She still had one dialog thread pointing to a store that I have changed the name of. Fixed for the next release, thanks.

As for the tomb, the ghasts didn't try to drink any potions for me. Not sure what caused what you saw so I will have to be on the lookout for it happening somewhere else.

Classic Adventures

#36 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

no not work the game crashes the same

Did you reload from an earlier game? The file is what the spawn points pull creatures from. The original file had bad creature references. Any area you enter is saved into your current game. So you would need a saved game that doesn't have area TC1550 in it. I should be able to test this area later tonight so I may find there are more problems.

Typo in the spawn for some Ettercaps. Try this file.

Attached Files

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 04 August 2009 - 05:00 PM.

Classic Adventures

#37 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Just to update the falastra crash, so long as i don't ask the history of saltmarsh questions and for a room in the inn within the same dialogue, it seems fine. Only when i asked about saltmarsh then for her services did it crash.

A couple more mistmoor items, is Narcissa supposed to be joinable yet? She won't talk to me in the inn, so wasn't sure if she's meant to do anything yet or if she's placed but still in progress.

Should falastra still be willing to join me when mistmoor is completed? i thought she was being changed back to only bring joinable later on in MD? Was just curious about that.

As mentioned, Fala'stra dialog will be fixed in next version. She is joinable after the Mistmoor quest is done. You have to have a high Charisma for this dialog though.

Narcissa should talk to you anytime after you finish talking to Ril. He doesn't need to be in the party but so far I have only tested with him in it. I'll try the other way next.

Classic Adventures

#38 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

As mentioned, Fala'stra dialog will be fixed in next version. She is joinable after the Mistmoor quest is done. You have to have a high Charisma for this dialog though.

Narcissa should talk to you anytime after you finish talking to Ril. He doesn't need to be in the party but so far I have only tested with him in it. I'll try the other way next.

i think it was perhaps only 1 specific ghast doing the "drinks a potion" error, because it didn't last through the whole crypt area, it stopped after an early battle. i'm not sure where now though. i'll try to find a save before i went down there and try it again, see if i can repeat the error and pick out if it is 1 particular ghast, when it ended.

i didn't have Ril in my group, and Narcissa had nothing to say to me on every visit to the inn, including just after Ril first drafted me to help him. i'm playing a Cavalier, and had a higher rep, not sure it's exact level, but no rep problem.

#39 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Did you reload from an earlier game? The file is what the spawn points pull creatures from. The original file had bad creature references. Any area you enter is saved into your current game. So you would need a saved game that doesn't have area TC1550 in it. I should be able to test this area later tonight so I may find there are more problems.

Typo in the spawn for some Ettercaps. Try this file.

yes i use a save that i'm still in Westgate
and both fix do not work the game crash the same

#40 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:35 AM

A few more bugs. i'll put the spoiler over them because i'm not totally sure if anything here would be a spoiler or not, so just in case...
* i had to manually put in the spoiler tags, the forum was giving some kind of error, hope i did it correctly

Spoiler

Edited by agnar, 05 August 2009 - 05:36 AM.