Devir prisoners in the underdark

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

Just wondering if yourselves, or the banter pack have added any dialogue for Viconia in the underdark with the Devir prisoners who get sacrificied/killed.

Seems a good place for 'scenery dialogue' if ever there was one. It seems there was meant to be dialogue there in the first place. It's odd for Viconia to say nothing whatsoever upon hearing the name Devir and watching the drow die. You could do her usual 'slightly taken aback but showing her drowish superiority/selfishness for the plight of others'; no matter how close they once were. Of course, i doubt she would know these 2 or 3 drow personally, but still the name Devir should send a chill down her spine and get her to say something, anything.

#2 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Or she can do the smart thing and keep her mouth shut. The party is trying (or supposed to be) to keep a low profile in Ust Natha.

Beyond that, you're probably giving Viconia a bit too much credit :/ .

Edit: You're probably just referring to inter-party dialogue. In which case, I think my second comment still aplies.

Edited by Galsic, 27 July 2009 - 12:33 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#3 Adia

Adia
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

I've always thought it could be something you could ask Viconia about, but I don't think she is really the type that would start a discussion about it. Personally, I could see Viconia turning away sharply if you walk near the DeVir prisoners rather than speaking up and mentioning them.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

She has a dialogue about it in the friendship, yes. :)

#5 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Or she can do the smart thing and keep her mouth shut. The party is trying (or supposed to be) to keep a low profile in Ust Natha.

Beyond that, you're probably giving Viconia a bit too much credit :/ .

Edit: You're probably just referring to inter-party dialogue. In which case, I think my second comment still aplies.

Right, I was referring to intra-party dialogue, not shouting out to the world the injustice of what just occured.

Obvously some sort of muted whisper or something, even a one-liner: " *whispers* Mmm...I cannot imagine what they did to deserve such a fate, seems my house has a knack for losing members..." (Referring, of course, to her own abandonment/exile from Devir)

It doesn't even have to be about the house Devir itself, maybe a general allusion to the ways of the drow and her own experiences in regards to what she is running from (I understand it was a sacrifice to Lolth that she refused to partake in): "You see, rivvil, this is the sort of appeasement Lolth requires...I would advise you to stay silent and move on".

Those are just basic ideas of the sort of thing I had in mind. It needn't be a full blown monologue, or dialogue that occurs; I thought that much would be obvious, along with it being a whispered/passing sort of comment since, as you say, the predicament the party is in requires it.

#6 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

She has a dialogue about it in the friendship, yes. :)

Well, nevermind me then... :rolleyes:

I spent too long coming up with the crummy lines I eventually did, you posted in that time! <_<