Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

Posted by: Miloch

Date posted: 13 August 2009

Looking for: Testers

User names and modding credentials of everyone in your team: Bookwyrme, GeN1e, K'aeloree, berelinde and others

Details: Aurora's Shoes and Boots has been through several pre-alphas over the last few years and is now in its second alpha. We have a list of about 25 items or so we'd like to test so we can get this to a public beta. The mod is technically compatible with Tutu, BGT, SoA and ToB. It should also work on OS X and Linux in theory, as well as Windows. We'd like a few focused testers who can install the alpha and address a few items on the testing list. If you're just looking to tack this on to your megamod install without any real plans to play or test anytime soon, you're better off waiting for an official release. The testing is the only thing really holding up such a release, so we'd like to get it done soon, preferably in the next week or so. PM me or post here if interested.

Edit:
Though this isn't really an ad for the mod, I suppose I should mention:

What does this mod add to the game? New content! Depending on your platform...
  • 5 minor areas
  • 20 area extensions
  • 85 audio clips
  • 19 creatures
  • 109 items
  • 438 creature and item animations
  • 9 dialogues
  • 25 scripts
  • 9 spells and effects
  • 3 stores
Not to mention banters, quests, random item placement, economic and convenience tweaks, and doubtless, other stuff we've forgotten or otherwise failed to mention ;)

Edit: this is finished, thanks to all two people who actually helped :P.

Edited by Miloch, 02 September 2009 - 04:55 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

will test it soon!

Edited by @vGur, 23 August 2009 - 11:08 AM.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

@vGur - sent you a link by email, cheers. Might want to obscure your address above though, in case spammers harvest it :o.

Anyone else? I suppose the idea of installing an alpha mod isn't attractive, but trust me, it's not likely to crash your game (I've squashed most of those types of bugs). There's just a bunch of little things we need to look at before we can make this public, and the more help we have, the better.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:13 PM

In terms of testing, this is more like a beta version--there's not much that can go terribly wrong. :)

Aurora is a great mod, and definitely worth helping out with if you have some time!

Edited by K'aeloree, 13 August 2009 - 10:25 PM.
Small addition.

#5 --myst--

--myst--

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

mystmeiler@gmail.com
Be glad to assist.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

Be glad to assist.

Cheers, email sent.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Well I've had no feedback from either person who supposedly volunteered in this thread (:P) but nevertheless, we've progressed to alpha 3. We've quashed approximately 1 grillion bugs in this version, so it should be (I hope) fairly stable and the last release before a public beta. But it won't get there unless we get some testing help. So please, volunteer and exchange an hour or two of your time in return for getting an undying credit in the readme and a new mod to play with :P.

We'd particularly like to get someone with OS X to test the install at least, or even Linux, but I suppose that might be too much to ask given the lack of interest even for Windows.

#8 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

I'm really sorry for how stupid i was. Your first task, about sound volume was definetely not for me - little kids likes to sleep, so I play without sound. But others... there'ra no excuses. Can I still test 3rd version?

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm really sorry for how stupid i was. Your first task, about sound volume was definetely not for me - little kids likes to sleep, so I play without sound. But others... there'ra no excuses. Can I still test 3rd version?

Yes, I sent you the new link.

I remastered, normalised and tested all the audio clips, so that is probably one task we can strike from the testing list (still 20+ more to address <_<).

#10 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

look in the private room, alpha testing

Edited by @vGur, 24 August 2009 - 10:16 AM.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

[Edit: alpha testing results transfered to workroom]

@vGur is now helping out a bit, as is Lava del'Vortel, but we could still use another tester or two.

Edited by Miloch, 24 August 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#12 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

or three, it's not hurt

I'm out of business fo now, had my game f--ked up somehow by Ascension and widescreen exe mods, that problem with CtD has nothing to your work. I'll come back soon (in day or two).

p.s. 1 - new merchants coming to home
2 - I'm sneaking behind
3 at home they become slleping, than
4 - they disapear, then
5 i came outdoor
6 than thay coming to home again
7 than 2
8 than 3
9 thay stay sleeping

Edited by @vGur, 25 August 2009 - 02:02 PM.

#13 sotona

sotona
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

[Edit: alpha testing results transfered to workroom]

@vGur is now helping out a bit, as is Lava del'Vortel, but we could still use another tester or two.

If you're still looking for some testers, I can help you out - kostya.miskevich@gmail.com
Whoa lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way.

Altered Knock Spell

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

that problem with CtD has nothing to your work.

Good to hear, because no one else could reproduce it, heh. Also your results should be helpful (may have nailed that problem already) but if you find more, please report in the workroom on the off-chance that my fellow modders might want to actually help fix some stuff :).

If you're still looking for some testers, I can help you out

I'll send you a link and some instructions. This should really be public beta in a few days (running out of bugs to fix, which I thought would never happen) but it would be great if you could do a quick test or two before then.

Edited by Miloch, 26 August 2009 - 12:59 AM.