Item Pack v1.8

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hey Shaitan, sorry, as I mentioned before, I'd rather not alter other people's mods.

Edited by Daulmakan, 06 February 2015 - 02:54 PM.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#142 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

Aok, I'll have to decide what I'll do then :)

#143 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

Gauntlets of Elven Might

They seems bugged somehow. I can't use them on my multiclassed FM. GoEM states they should.

Cheers

#144 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hey Shaitan

Does your FM have a kit in some of the classes? I seem to have omitted all kits from the usability list, I no longer recall if I intended it as such or not...

If it has, ticking the relevant kit usability on DLTCEP should fix it. I'll try to sweep the rest of the items for this issue the next time I update the mod.

#145 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:48 AM

Thanks, yeah I play a Fighter/Wild mage.

Cheers

#146 -Khelben-

-Khelben-

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Greetings.

Firstly, i want to thank you Daulmakan for giving us this mod. I use it on every playthrough of mine and it is great. The only thing that i did not like was that i always had to skip the two components that overwrite items.

So, i thought to try and make them patch items instead of copying them. Below are the changes i did. I haven't thoroughly tested the items in game, but i tested them through dltcep with vanilla install and with Item Revisions also installed. Items should have the same behavior as original Item_Pack with a vanilla install. With IR (or another mod that changes items) installed, some items may not be modified because the IR version is too different or the Item_Pack changes may be added to the ones done by IR. I tried to use PATCH_IFs so that only the intended behavior is produced and the item is not modified otherwise but i am not familiar with weidu so there may be dragons hidden here and there.

I include comments about the behavior of some items with IR installed. One problem i noticed but i don't know how to fix is how not to change the description if the item wasn't altered. For example, the alter item effect function in Darksteel Shield does not do anything when IR is installed because IR already uses Electricity resistance instead of Poison. So, while the item isn't modified at all, the description is changed to the Item_Pack one.

Spoiler

P.S I hope the code tag doesn't mess the code so badly as it appears in the preview :(

#147 -Khelben-

-Khelben-

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

I am sorry for my second consecutive post. Here is a pastebin link for the code. I hope this one isn't messed up.

http://pastebin.com/dfbPgBuq

#148 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

If you want to check if IR's main component is installed, you can use this predicate:

MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~item_rev.tp2~ 0

Then you can avoid changes or make different changes based on its presence.

#149 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

Hi Khelben, thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like it.

My thanks to you and Mike (helpful as always) for the code suggestions. I don't account for Item Revisions for the Tweaked/Free Action Items components because the components are relatively small, and while sometimes the alterations may be similar, I think most of the times they're different. Thus, having both modifications at the same time, while technically compatible if using patch code, would probably be conceptually incompatible. Also, I don't disallow installation of the component thinking someone might prefer the bulk of IR changes but my version of the items in question. Also, I don't think there ever was a way to patch (as in "add" instead of overwrite) a string description.

Manually mix-matching between some of the items from Item Pack and IR is always possible, if one is so inclined, with only a minor bit of hassle, removing the undesired code from each mod before installing or installing one after the other.

Edited by Daulmakan, 29 April 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#150 -Khelben-

-Khelben-

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

If you want to check if IR's main component is installed, you can use this predicate:
MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~item_rev.tp2~ 0

Then you can avoid changes or make different changes based on its presence.

Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't try to use a mod_is_installed or similar clause because there are many mods that modify items so it is difficult to account for every one. I tried to make the code (to the best of my limited weidu ability) to only apply if the item isn't different than intended but i can't do the same for the description. Ideally i would use the "return value" of the various LPFs i use and if they didn't do anything then don't update the description but (i think) the LPFs i use don't use some return value

#151 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

I noticed an incompatibility between Refinements and this mod. In particular, many of IP items (so far I've noticed this d1helm01.itm and d1ring01.itm) are set to be unusable by both the Paladin class and the Undead Hunter kit. Normally this would be a simple redundancy, however Refinements makes Undead Hunters use the same unusability bit, while giving the Undead Hunter's unusabilty bit to all 'standard' Thief, Fighter and Cleric kits (for the Use Scrolls engine). The net result is that all Fighters, Thieves and Clerics are incorrectly forbidden from using the items that have the superfluous bit set. In general, since other kits could use the same trick to set unusabilites, it would be best to remove all kit unusabilites from Item Pack's items (except for those that are actually needed, E.G. Kensai vs. ranged weapons, Shapeshifters vs. armors).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#152 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:05 AM

I kindly ask author of this great mod that he fix it by giving cursed Vampiric sword together with Ulcaster Academy Ring not just replacing them, if he ever visit this place again. By doing so Item Pack for Tutu/BGT component break compatibility with at least 3 mods in BGT, namely Vault BGT, NTotSC and Ruad and probably more.