• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi

Badge of the Svirfneblin

I find this item very good, but would like to know if you could be pursuaded to skip the magical cube around the person who is carrying it. I think it is the Cube of non detection :whistling:

Cheers

#42 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi

Badge of the Svirfneblin

I find this item very good, but would like to know if you could be pursuaded to skip the magical cube around the person who is carrying it. I think it is the Cube of non detection :whistling:

Yeah, that animation is pretty horrible, I agree. But it's bound to the immunity to Divination effect.

You can avoid it by installing the "Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror (Weimer)" component from BG2 Tweaks.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#43 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

You can avoid it by installing the "Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror (Weimer)" component from BG2 Tweaks.

There is a better way to do this (since IIRC that Tweaks component just overwrites the animations with blank ones): put opcode 291 (Disable Visual Effect) on your item. I think you may need to put it before your effect that triggers this animation.

By coincidence, Aurora has a "ring of the svirneblin" (albeit an undroppable one) at t-ring05.itm that gives the svirfneblin their innate abilities, if you want an example.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#44 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

There is a better way to do this (since IIRC that Tweaks component just overwrites the animations with blank ones): put opcode 291 (Disable Visual Effect) on your item. I think you may need to put it before your effect that triggers this animation.

Daulmakan, have you been given this any thoughts? :ph34r:

:cheers:

#45 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

Daulmakan, have you been given this any thoughts? :ph34r:

Yeah, sorry. I haven't had time to check this out. If I can get it to work, it's a go for next version.

Thanks Miloch for the tip. :)

#46 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:54 AM

Item Pack has been updated to v1.4. Here's the changelog for the new version:

* Version 1.4:
- Added a new item to the main component: Jester?s Bag of Holding
- Added two new items to the Tweaked Items component: the Ring of Protection - Warder?s Signet, and the Staff of Arundel
- Did some minor code optimizations
- Fixed an issue with the Dread Bond bracers, which were wrongly equippable by Kensais
- Tweaked slightly the Badge of the Svirfneblin and the Chauntea?s Vest armor

#47 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

:cheers: Congrats and thanks for keeping this wonderfull mod alive.

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

Heya :cheers: Please have a look at this :unsure: (also the bit about "ForgeStuff" :P)

Might I suggest changing all instances of:
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~GlobalGT("D1Craft","AR0334",0)~ THEN BEGIN D1Craft SAY #59797
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",0)~ EXIT
  END
to
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",0) SetGlobal("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
  END

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#49 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

Heya :cheers: Please have a look at this :unsure: (also the bit about "ForgeStuff" :P)

Might I suggest changing all instances of:

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",0)~ EXIT
 END
to
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",0) SetGlobal("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
 END

I'm not sure this is an Item Pack issue. I can't reproduce the problem on a clean install, and I don't have a clue on megamod installs.

Glancing at that member's weidu log, it seems he's playing with the previous version of Item Pack. Current version has some optimizations to the Cromwell code, but even in the last version I didn't notice items not being given to the player, so I dunno.

The code I use is borrowed from RR and it leaves the ForgeStuff set to 1 too.

By exploit you mean the trick of attacking the person who speaks with Cromwell and duplicating items? Isn't that vanilla behavior? Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth it. Players can police themselves.

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

A megamod conflict eh?? Nice :devil: Will investigate!

By exploit you mean the trick of attacking the person who speaks with Cromwell and duplicating items? Isn't that vanilla behavior? Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth it.

To be honest, it was something I thought up while looking over WeiItemUpgrade a couple o months back :P I can't seem to put a finger over the exact way™ ...

Players can police themselves.

Love it when modders say that :coolthumb:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#51 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

Could you modify your 'Convenient Free Action Items' component so that it is compatible with item revisions? By that I mean not being able to install it, as blun30.itm (Flail of the ages +5) doesn't grant free action with item revisions installed.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#52 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

Could you modify your 'Convenient Free Action Items' component so that it is compatible with item revisions? By that I mean not being able to install it, as blun30.itm (Flail of the ages +5) doesn't grant free action with item revisions installed.

I'm not sure I understand you. Item Revisions does its own alteration to the item (both by overwriting, so there isn't room for compatibility as in both modifications at the same time), the one you end up with is the last one you install. If you want my version, install that component after Item Revisions. If you want IR's, install it after Item Pack or simply don't install the Convenient Free Action component altogether.

Did that help? Or it was a different thing?

#53 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

It helped. I simply meant, that this component should be skipped if item revisions's main component is detected, or that you should be warned that this component overwrites existing files.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#54 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

It helped. I simply meant, that this component should be skipped if item revisions's main component is detected, or that you should be warned that this component overwrites existing files.

I don't disallow installation because someone might want the bulk of IR's modifications but my version of the items in question.

As to your second point:

This is a WeiDU mod, so it should work well along with such others. If you have other item-affecting mods, be warned that Components III & IV from this mod overwrite items, so you'll only get to see their version or mine, depending on your install order.

;)

#55 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

Shouldn't that be an OR(3) in d1cesp01.d?

IF ~PartyHasItem("d1sw1h00")
	OR(2)
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC6Z")
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC45")
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC42")~ THEN GOTO d1UPGD01

10th

#56 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Shouldn't that be an OR(3) in d1cesp01.d?

IF ~PartyHasItem("d1sw1h00")
	OR(2)
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC6Z")
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC45")
 	!PartyHasItem("MISC42")~ THEN GOTO d1UPGD01

Yep. Thanks, noted for next version.

#57 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

A player posted this on Kerzenburg forum:

Component 0 "Item_Pack"
Some code is missing: After one finds a broken magic sword (D1SW1H00.ITM) on Abazigal, Cespenar sais about two (English) sentences, followed by "no valid replies or links". The broken sword doesn't get upgraded to Mantooth (D1SW1H01.ITM)
In German, not mentioning more than I said:
http://kerzenburg.ba...18&postcount=42

#58 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:00 AM

A player posted this on Kerzenburg forum:

Component 0 "Item_Pack"
Some code is missing: After one finds a broken magic sword (D1SW1H00.ITM) on Abazigal, Cespenar sais about two (English) sentences, followed by "no valid replies or links". The broken sword doesn't get upgraded to Mantooth (D1SW1H01.ITM)
In German, not mentioning more than I said:
http://kerzenburg.ba...18&postcount=42

Yeah, can reproduce. Said problem happens because of the problem 10th reported above.

Changing the OR(2) to OR(3) condition locally like stated above and reinstalling should solve the issue (this is fixed for next version). Thank you Fennek for relating Noban's post.

#59 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, can reproduce. Said problem happens because of the problem 10th reported above.

Changing the OR(2) to OR(3) condition locally like stated above and reinstalling should solve the issue (this is fixed for next version). Thank you Fennek for relating Noban's post.

Great, thanks! :cheers:

#60 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

What does it mean?
Item Description:
Slays Constructs

I dunno how translate. Is this IWD 2 item?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon