BiG World Project (BWP) v8.0

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#21 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

Congrats and thanks for BWP v8! :)

Oh btw, any new english NPCs added? I took a quick look through the guide and the list of new mods, but I didn't notice any.

Yup, there's my Rose NPC mod, but she's in an early beta stage since she has only five or six banters. I'm working on it.
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#22 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Yup, there's my Rose NPC mod, but she's in an early beta stage since she has only five or six banters. I'm working on it.

Oh right, but I already have Rose added to my NPC list guide thing. I mentally ended up skipping over that since I'm just looking for new things for my list. :P

#23 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

i think there is an error in the 'BiG World Install'

%IFES%LongerRoad%S%LongerRoad%L%1%SK% 0 2 | %M%

this should be

%IFES%LongerRoad%S%LongerRoad%L%0%SK% 0 2 | %M%

#24 -Grifter-

-Grifter-

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hello,

I've been trying to get the Big World to install a few mods for about a 2 weeks now. Mostly I want to run TDD, SoS, RoT, ToD, the banter packs, romance packs, and a few NPCs. I was trying to use the BWP 7.0 to install them but was never able to get a install that incorporated all of the mega mods together. Now that I have downloaded BWP 8.0 whenever I click on the bat file to start the installation I get the error saying that:

Minimum requirements are not met.
The listed mods are not present in your BGII - SoA directory

Baldurs Gate Trilogy
TxtMusic

Press any key to continue.

When I would try to install with BWP 7.0 I got options asking if I wanted to do a recommended install, expert, etc.. with 8.0 I only get to choose my language before the install problem. I have been using the BWP to select the mods and download the ones I want to use, but I am still unsuccessful.

Should I just run the fixpack.bat and then try to manually install them?

I appreciate your help :)

#25 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hello,

I've been trying to get the Big World to install a few mods for about a 2 weeks now. Mostly I want to run TDD, SoS, RoT, ToD, the banter packs, romance packs, and a few NPCs. I was trying to use the BWP 7.0 to install them but was never able to get a install that incorporated all of the mega mods together. Now that I have downloaded BWP 8.0 whenever I click on the bat file to start the installation I get the error saying that:

Baldurs Gate Trilogy
TxtMusic

Press any key to continue.

When I would try to install with BWP 7.0 I got options asking if I wanted to do a recommended install, expert, etc.. with 8.0 I only get to choose my language before the install problem. I have been using the BWP to select the mods and download the ones I want to use, but I am still unsuccessful.

I appreciate your help :)

I think you missed the third post made by Leomar in this thread.

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

Mostly I want to run TDD, SoS, RoT, ToD, the banter packs, romance packs, and a few NPCs... I get the error saying that:

Baldurs Gate Trilogy
TxtMusic

Well, the BWP needs the few mods to be installed, BGT being one of them, now you can wait for the BWS v8 to come out and provide you option that doesn't require the BGT as dreamer2007 implied, or you can install the required mods, or you can install the BG2 only; by removing the lines in the BiG World Install.bat by adding the 'rem ' to all the lines before the code(in the code box), you can do the BiG World Install.bat editing with Notepad:
%IFH.%	archivo antes. ญLee la Guกa Big World sobre cขmo editar este archivo batch!
%.%
%.%
%.%
pause

goto :BGTFULL
:: Although this tool is prepared for a BG2 only install as requested, this step will be skipped.
:: There are unsolved problems (i.E. Worldmap requires BGT) and some incompatibilities I have not checked (and maybe will never do).
%.%
%IFE.%						  G A M E - S E L E C T I O N
%IFE.%						  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออ 
%IFG.%							S P I E L A U S W A H L
%IFG.%							อออออออออออออออออออออออ
%IFH.%					  S E L E C C I เ N   D E   J U E G O
%IFH.%					  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ
%.%

%.%
%.%
if /I "%X%"=="B" goto :BGTFULL
So it's starts with:
%IFH.%	archivo antes. ญLee la Guกa Big World sobre cขmo editar este archivo batch!
%.%
%.%
%.%
pause

rem goto :BGTFULL
rem :: Although this tool is prepared for a BG2 only install as requested, this step will be skipped.
rem :: There are unsolved problems (i.E. Worldmap requires BGT) and some incompatibilities I have not checked (and maybe will never do).
rem %.%
rem %IFE.%						  G A M E - S E L E C T I O N
rem %IFE.%						  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออ 
rem %IFG.%							S P I E L A U S W A H L
rem %IFG.%							อออออออออออออออออออออออ
rem %IFH.%					  S E L E C C I เ N   D E   J U E G O
rem %IFH.%					  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ
rem ...

Or actually, you can just replace the 'goto :BGTFULL' with 'goto :TOBCHECK' and go with:
%.%
%.%
%.%
pause

goto :TOBCHECK

:: Although this tool is prepared for a BG2 only install as requested, this step will be skipped.
:: There are unsolved problems (i.E. Worldmap requires BGT) and some incompatibilities I have not checked (and maybe will never do).
%.%
%IFE.%						  G A M E - S E L E C T I O N
%IFE.%						  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออ 
%IFG.%							S P I E L A U S W A H L
%IFG.%							อออออออออออออออออออออออ
%IFH.%					  S E L E C C I เ N   D E   J U E G O
%IFH.%					  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ
But that skips few more checks...

No, don't do that.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 August 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 -Grifter-

-Grifter-

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

Jarno,

I tried what you said about editing the install.bat file and changing it to:

goto :TOBCHECK
%.%
%IFE.% G A M E - S E L E C T I O N
%IFE.% อออออออออออออออออออออออออออ
%IFG.% S P I E L A U S W A H L
%IFG.% อออออออออออออออออออออออ
%IFH.% S E L E C C I เ N D E J U E G O
%IFH.% อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ

But I still get the same errors. I guess I could install BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast but honestly I have no real desire to play those. I did find a torrent that has TDD, SOS, CTB, and RoT installed which I'll try next.

I do appreciate your response though. Your help is greatly appreciated :)

#28 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:15 AM

Sure, you need

goto :VERSION

If you look at the code, the line you are stuck at is between :TOBCHECK und :VERSION.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#29 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

dabus, do you have any kind of eta for BWS? Just trying to set aside some time for setup
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#30 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

is there a BWS v8.0? i only see a 7.0 from the links

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

*sigh* -_- Please read the third post. The BWS is being updated for v8, using BWS7 WILL lead to problems ;)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#32 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hey, thanks for all the nice feedback and yes, it was much work to get the BWP v8.0 running.

ScuD, thanks for your fix and that you reported this.
Lollorian, thanks for both mentioned fixes.
Hoppy, thank you for the CtB news.
new(Mike), thanks for the typo in the Install.bat.

All your help is very appreciated. Thanks again.
:cheers:

We try to release the "BiG World Setup" this weekend.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#33 haraye

haraye
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:26 AM

Greetings Leomar

Super!!

Can't wait :lol:

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

<puts on fake Cespenar voice> MAH-velous. Just MAH-velous :P

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#35 -Grifter-

-Grifter-

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hey, thanks for all the nice feedback and yes, it was much work to get the BWP v8.0 running.

ScuD, thanks for your fix and that you reported this.
Lollorian, thanks for both mentioned fixes.
Hoppy, thank you for the CtB news.
new(Mike), thanks for the typo in the Install.bat.

All your help is very appreciated. Thanks again.
:cheers:

Greetings Leomar

I just wanted to thank you again for your hard work. I only recently found this site, but Baldurs Gate has always been one of my favorite games of all time. It is too bad they don't make games this good anymore.

Perhaps Bioware should redo the BG series as a 2.0 with updated graphics and more mod friendly like the Bethesda games.

At any rate, thanks again :cheers:

#36 aristey

aristey
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Greetings.
First of all, thanks for the new megamod variant.
Secondly, has something been done with sorcerer/cleric not seing all spells from the list? Well, apart from the shadowkeeper variant (just thinking of playing sorcerer).
And for the last (though not quite in topic), what's wrong with rosenranken.org , where to the links for part of the mods lead? Whenever I try to enter the site, it gives "Gast, Sie sind aus diesem Forum verbannt! " which gives the impression of me being banned. The strange part, is that I have dinamic IP plus haven't visited their site apart from downloading mods for one of the previous megamods.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

And for the last (though not quite in topic), what's wrong with rosenranken.org , where to the links for part of the mods lead? Whenever I try to enter the site, it gives "Gast, Sie sind aus diesem Forum verbannt! " which gives the impression of me being banned. The strange part, is that I have dinamic IP plus haven't visited their site apart from downloading mods for one of the previous megamods.

They used to block certain Internet providers (which I presume they get from reverse IP lookup or something) - I don't why though. Maybe yours is still on the list for some odd reason.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#38 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Greetings.
First of all, thanks for the new megamod variant.
Secondly, has something been done with sorcerer/cleric not seing all spells from the list? Well, apart from the shadowkeeper variant (just thinking of playing sorcerer).

Sorry, no changes. It is hardcoded. The best is, to select your spell mods which you want to install, so you don't overload the spell choices or use shadow keeper.

I'll inform Jastey about your problem, perhaps she knows, what the problem is.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#39 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

Sorry, no changes. It is hardcoded. The best is, to select your spell mods which you want to install, so you don't overload the spell choices or use shadow keeper.

I know that it is impossible to add a scrollbar or anything similar, but has anyone looked to see if it might be possible to schrink the size of the icons so that you can display several times as many?(so cut it in half and you could display 4 times as many)

#40 aristey

aristey
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Leomar, Miloch thanks for the reply.