[TOB] a little bug with Thaniel's sword upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

After Cespenar fell in love with Nathaniel's family sword, he offered me to upgrade it.
Since I am a sucker for overpowered weapons, I immediately went to buy the needed fireball scroll at that shop in Saradush, and let the little demon use his magic.

My problem is that I have no idea what the upgraded katana does... :ph34r: To my big surprise, all the description says is "Ghorak the diseased" (I guess some text files got mixed up, that might have something to do with me using BGT....)

Could someone provide me with the right description of the boosted sword? Many thanks. ^_^

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Here's the descrip from the .tp2:

Kajikamu
The Aplin-Fletcher sword has been enchanted further at <CHARNAME>'s request to give Nathaniel an extra edge in battle against those who threaten to overturn right and order.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
+2 AC bonus

THACO: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +1, + 4 against chaotic evil opponents
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Usable By:
Nathaniel

Now, about the "Ghorak the diseased" thing ^_^ There seems to be a problem with the game referencing the strings in your dialog.tlk. If you know what you're doing, download NearInfinity and change the description reference (you can't just add lines to the dialog.tlk easily [can lead to a corrupt file and you eventually end up with Irenicus being called Neeber :D])

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

Great, thank you!

Now I have to figure out which one I'm going to use, Kajikamu or the Yamato +4 I just bought. Both sound equally tempting. :shifty: