Congratulations!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

On releasing this, finally. This is definitely going to be part of my next playthrough. Well done.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

Well, *that* was a quick alpha-to-release!! I'm assuming no changes between one and the other i.e. do I need to install the release version or is my alpha ok?

-Y-

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

Well, *that* was a quick alpha-to-release!! I'm assuming no changes between one and the other i.e. do I need to install the release version or is my alpha ok?

Please nuke any alphas you have and purge them from your hard drive to remove any lingering traces of suboptimal coding.

But seriously, there were some pretty heavy changes from alpha to v1. I wouldn't even bother with the beta (not that anyone did) unless you like unsolvable quests. It might look like a lightning release from one version to another, but it involved some solid stretches of coding and debugging. And frankly, I wanted to see the back end of this mod - not because it's bad, but because we've spent way too much time messing with it and it should've been released ages ago. I'm pretty happy with it now, but it's taken a lot of work.

You might be interested to see how the cave BAMs turned out. I ended up having to crop the perimeters and maybe set some different flags - I forget what all offhand, but I think they turned out pretty natural looking, short of figuring out how to patch a tileset.

Now we just have to get FFT out the door, aye? I'd like to say I'm revved up for another round of heavy testing, but I think I need to take a break from testing for a bit. My brain's a bit mushy - even more so than usual :blink:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I am glad that this mod is finished! Great work! I had a chance to play it a bit as a betatester and it was cool even then. Now it is a masterpiece!

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

You might be interested to see how the cave BAMs turned out. I ended up having to crop the perimeters and maybe set some different flags - I forget what all offhand, but I think they turned out pretty natural looking, short of figuring out how to patch a tileset.

Ahh - that problem. I found out a couple of days back that the original game has exactly the same problem with 'large' vanilla bams - see the Unseeing Eye area for exactly the same colour problem with the four gloopy bits in each end room. So no, it wasn't us - or Nythrun - overlooking something.

-Y-

#6 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Well finally :D I'm glad a new mod is out so I can finally play something! Congratulations :clap:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image