a.k.a. Chev

#42 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

Yes use the normal way to the island.

Will do! I went ahead with that, but got a CTD when exiting the guildhouse *LOL* Trying again.

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#43 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

Running little roach errands for Aran Linvail now ;) About to clear out Bodhi's lair...all in the interest of getting to Brynnlaw, to find Sir William.

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#44 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

And so, I arrive on the island. When the party goes to enter Lady Galvena's Festhall, some text appears, informing me that the hall is closed, and that I'll have to return later. The party rests, then goes to enter again, with the same results.

An interesting side-effect of SoS is that, when the party enters a map area related to the mod, the area loads, fades to black, then loads again, placing the party at a different location. I'm wondering if this means that the game first loads a vanilla map, then replaces it with a modified map. Just a curious bit there.

Will the Festhall be open and accessible after waiting a bit, or should the party join Sime at the pass, continue to Spellhold to deal with that, then return to the hall when able to do so again?

Thanks,
Eric

#45 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

And so, I arrive on the island. When the party goes to enter Lady Galvena's Festhall, some text appears, informing me that the hall is closed, and that I'll have to return later. The party rests, then goes to enter again, with the same results.

An interesting side-effect of SoS is that, when the party enters a map area related to the mod, the area loads, fades to black, then loads again, placing the party at a different location. I'm wondering if this means that the game first loads a vanilla map, then replaces it with a modified map. Just a curious bit there.

Will the Festhall be open and accessible after waiting a bit, or should the party join Sime at the pass, continue to Spellhold to deal with that, then return to the hall when able to do so again?

Thanks,
Eric

The fade to black stuff sounds a little weird and it may be something special for your install. SoS just adds the guy via script. Try gaining entrance from Chremy, who is part of one other quest in Brynnlaw (vanilla stuff) and he has the guildhall symbol to enter. Or pay the concubine a pittance to gain access. Either way you will end up in there and search the rooms.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#46 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

The fade to black stuff sounds a little weird and it may be something special for your install. SoS just adds the guy via script. Try gaining entrance from Chremy, who is part of one other quest in Brynnlaw (vanilla stuff) and he has the guildhall symbol to enter. Or pay the concubine a pittance to gain access. Either way you will end up in there and search the rooms.

Well, maybe TDD causes the fading thing. At least it doesn't crash the game, so I don't mind it :) OK, I saw that Chremy character, and wondered (as he has a name) if he'd be worth talking to, so I'll check with him. I don't want to hold Sime up too long, but I'm more interested now in the SoS content than in the main game plot! :)

Edit: Chremy won't talk to me; says he's waiting for his employees. There's a male and a female courtesan standing outside Galvena's, but each gives one line of dialog when I talk to them, and that's it. Still can't access the Festhall. Advancing the game clock (ctrl-T) once, or several times, doesn't help, either. So, I'm stuck :(

Any more ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 08 April 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#47 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

I pickpocketed the guy who had the medallion, and still the Festhall says it's closed, and to come back later. Grrrrr! :(

- E

#48 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

Did you witness the assassination in the Pub? That's vanilla stuff too and that is the first step to getting in. Thought you may have done that but I dunno.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#49 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Did you witness the assassination in the Pub? That's vanilla stuff too and that is the first step to getting in. Thought you may have done that but I dunno.

Ooh, no, I don't know anything about that, so maybe I'll just hang out in the Drunken Monkey (?) for a while, to see what happens. I do see Sanik in there, and something tells me he's important...

Of course, when I don't see what I need to see in the test game, I don't save, but revert back to the last mpsave and try, try again ;)

Thanks!
- E

#50 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

Vulgar Monkey, not Drunken Monkey *LOL* Saw the assassination, got into the Festhall, found Sir William asleep, took the party outside his door to rest, then returned to his room...to find it empty! He wasn't there at all, so I couldn't do anything about the money he owes Celence. Got the key anyway, took care of Lady Galvena and helped Claire. Did some other quests in Brynnlaw, then met Sime and continued to Spellhold. Now the party is about to run the gauntlet.

Have I blown SoS now, since I couldn't find Sir William to get the money from him? If so, I'll have to start a new test game from the very beginning...

Thanks,
Eric

Edit: I think I've found the answer, as I need to take the key back to Athkatla after finishing with Spellhold and enter the Deril Estate again. I just panic too easily ;)

- E

Edited by Eric P., 09 April 2010 - 07:45 AM.

#51 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Edit: I think I've found the answer, as I need to take the key back to Athkatla after finishing with Spellhold and enter the Deril Estate again. I just panic too easily ;)

- E

Yes, you are on the right path.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#52 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

- E

It's just too bad there's so much to go through after Spellhold. I'm in the Sahuagin city now, about to deal with the rebels, Drow, etc., but all I can think of is getting back to Athkatla, gathering Sir William's coin, and bringing it back to Selence :)

- E

#53 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

- E

It's just too bad there's so much to go through after Spellhold. I'm in the Sahuagin city now, about to deal with the rebels, Drow, etc., but all I can think of is getting back to Athkatla, gathering Sir William's coin, and bringing it back to Selence :)

- E

That is why many megamod installers don't get this mods' content is because it happens so late in the game. Keep going as I want to see if you encounter any game play bugs outside of the OS thing.

- King Diamond

#54 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

- E

- E

That is why many megamod installers don't get this mods' content is because it happens so late in the game. Keep going as I want to see if you encounter any game play bugs outside of the OS thing.

Absolutely, that is the plan! :) I saw only one odd thing down in Spellhold, and that was a LOT of spawns of Garren Windspear, all in a big bunch. I don't recall exactly where (sorry for not making a note of it), but the same thing happened in the Temple Ruins near Umar Hills, with the farmer and his wife (those who have the chickens) spawning in the hallway that leads to the Shadow Dragon's area. Then there's the thing where, whenever the party enters the Brynnlaw outdoor map, they're immediately relocated to the lowest portion of the leftmost ship. I reported that behavior before, but wanted to add this detail.

Now to go give the fake heart to the Sahuagin King, then double-cross him...and then decide whether or not to also kill the prince ;)

Thanks,
Eric

#55 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Soubar isn't going to cause a bunch of those spawns and I have had those errors with just about any mods and sometimes they are something that can't be repeated. It sounds like you had a few different ones (areas and characters) so I may lean towards some scripting anomalies that could have happened with the installation on Mac or just some plain weirdness.

For now, I will attribute these glitches to performance or too many files in the override.

- King Diamond

#56 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Soubar isn't going to cause a bunch of those spawns and I have had those errors with just about any mods and sometimes they are something that can't be repeated. It sounds like you had a few different ones (areas and characters) so I may lean towards some scripting anomalies that could have happened with the installation on Mac or just some plain weirdness.

For now, I will attribute these glitches to performance or too many files in the override.

11,153 files in the override currently...and I still have many, many mods yet to install *LOL*

I'm ignoring the multi-spawning behavior, and carrying on with the test game. Currently in Ust Natha, supposed to have Phaere introduce the party to Matron Mother Ardulace, but Phaere isn't in the temple yet. I suppose I should let a little time pass before checking, but there's nothing to do in the mean time.

Thanks,
Eric

#57 -Hoppy-

-Hoppy-

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

11,153 files in the override currently...and I still have many, many mods yet to install *LOL*

I'm ignoring the multi-spawning behavior, and carrying on with the test game. Currently in Ust Natha, supposed to have Phaere introduce the party to Matron Mother Ardulace, but Phaere isn't in the temple yet. I suppose I should let a little time pass before checking, but there's nothing to do in the mean time.

Thanks,
Eric

Do some of the drow arena challenges?

#58 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

Thanks,
Eric

Do some of the drow arena challenges?

Done. Also got a massage/rest, then found that Phaere is in her own chamber, and Ardulace is in the temple. They should both be in the temple, so I can report to Phaere and she can introduce us to Ardulace. Something's wrong there, and the game can't progress without the party talking to Ardulace. They also still have yet to recover the dragon eggs (but that's probably obvious). So, I'm stuck.

Thanks,
Eric

#59 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

Another obstacle to progress has arisen. My party exits the Underdark and talks with the Elves on the surface. Immediately after the conversation with Elhan, a text appears that says "You were warned! Attack not those that would be your friends, forced though the relationship is!" When I click End Dialogue, the Elf nearest my MC attacks, and my MC dies! I didn't even take any action with any of the characters in my party, so I don't know what provokes this attack. It happens this way every time I load the game and talk to the Elves on the surface.

How can I fix this one? Clearly, something is very wrong here.

Thanks,
Eric

#60 -Hoppy-

-Hoppy-

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

It could happen sometimes if a party member was confused and attacked an elf or an area effect spell was cast harming the elves. This most likely happens in the little area where they are fighting and is vanilla behavior.

See if this global is set to 2: Global("GoodElfKill","GLOBAL",2) and set it to 0.