Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#681 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Anyway as it already overwrites with faulty thac0.2da it's better to have a fixed one or the sorcerer/monk thac0 will be messed up for anyone installing The Vault.

+1 :cheers:

The fixpack cre YSMAGE01 only moves the darts from weapon slot to quiver, which is wrong, while they are fine in the original mod

Looking at the fixpack doc (yes, it's there :ph34r:) that fix seems to come from here and is supposed to fix exactly what you said :blink:

On a related note, the fixpack doc (_BWP fixes.txt) is now extremely outdated - it's probably the oldest file in the BWPFixpack :ROFL:

Is it in the scope of this fixpack to fix things that are not broken but more immersion-breaking? I'm thinking of the Baldurdash component Improved Copper Coronet : The CCGUARD[x] files shipped with it give a huge amount of experience (27k and 18k). How about toning the xp values down to like 1/2 or 1/3 (so that combined with DEFJAM they still give a decent amount because they are quite deadly) ?

This is exactly why the BP-Balancer was made - someone should pick it up, call it the BWP Balancer and start immersifying whatever blegh you find :D

Meanwhile I'm taking a look at 10th's posts in that Vault thread and tried to get some CREs and ITMs fixed :P The best solution though would be to make the mod use creatures from stock BGII (and not use custom BGI versions with gimped stats :lol:)

Yes that's what I'm gonna do :devil: No more easily punchable Ogrillon based Stone Golems... get ready to use all of your omgwtfbbqsaucepwn imba itamz on some REAL SCS enhanced Stone Golems :vbat:

Also, it's really awesome to see someone else compiling stuff for a change now! Cheers man :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 11 July 2012 - 08:59 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#682 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

The fixpack cre YSMAGE01 only moves the darts from weapon slot to quiver, which is wrong, while they are fine in the original mod

Looking at the fixpack doc (yes, it's there :ph34r:) that fix seems to come from here and is supposed to fix exactly what you said :blink:

On a related note, the fixpack doc (_BWP fixes.txt) is now extremely outdated - it's probably the oldest file in the BWPFixpack :ROFL:

The fix for YAGA05 is needed, as well as the .baf patch. But someone slipped in a broken YSMAGE01 to replace the perfectly fine one
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#683 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

The Vault installation already takes care of compatibility with TDD/RoT if they are installed :
Spoiler

So the fixed thac0.2da replacement should be fine.

EDIT : NVM

Edited by Beleg33, 12 July 2012 - 07:15 AM.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#684 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks to Lollorian and Beleg33 I have updated the Fixpack. Get it here:
http://kerzenburg.ba...oadlatest&id=49

#685 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nice thanks! Too bad I had another fix for CtB... next time :cheers: (Lollorian is getting inside me with his emotes and smileys!)

Fixed map links from Neng's Horse Ranch to De'Arnise Keep :

Attached File  CtB_worldmap_links_fix.7z   1.12K   208 downloads

How do I report issues with TS 7.04 install without paying BWL?... Or I'll just keep them here.

Edited by Beleg33, 12 July 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#686 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Various item fixes for The Vault (BGT), mainly adding proficiency types and fixing some effects; included txt file of changes made.

Attached File  Vault_profs_effects_enchants_items_fixes.7z   2.48K   203 downloads

Might be worth updating setup.tra for proficiencies changes, also elemental ammo in ITM1 folder (it's just there to increase stacks, maybe deprecate through fixpack patch?) use BG1 values, various items mods may change them down the road though.

EDIT : Forgot to include change to HAMMLAT enchantment level (by Lollorian), applied it to all enchanted weapons.

Leonardo : Is there a particular reason the BP-Balancer fix wasn't included? Or you just missed it? Perhaps a version update is in the works?

Edited by Beleg33, 13 July 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#687 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Spoiler

:clap: :Bow:

The Vault's gotta be friggin updated once you're probably through with it :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#688 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

With your help on updating the CREs to BG2/BGT standard :cheers: Like I'm wondering now if the Vault vampires use BG2 Level drain effect or BG1 Reduce XP/reduce level effects on their weapon items~ (EDIT : confirmed, JC_VAM1.ITM does that)

I'll have a look at that Vampire Sword summon ability and the script/dialogue of that summoned creature. (EDIT : will probably have to rename that sword because it already exists in BG2, so it overwrites it, then is overwritten by IR. Else the special abilities from the vault are lost. Then I need to find out where you obtain it/where it is used in BGT and update it all...)

PS : And probably english/french TRA files update to item descriptions proficiencies.

Edited by Beleg33, 14 July 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#689 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

BGTNEJ2 : I believe BGTComp part is no longer needed with how BGT handles Imoen nowadays.

TS v7.04 : There's some minsc.bcs that gets copied from the fixpack/_override folder just before it installs. That script adds some NEJ(2?) stuff like !Global("VP_InHalruaa","GLOBAL",1) checks whereas TS when it installs and doesn't detect NEJ2 installed uses this
COPY_EXISTING ~Minsc.bcs~ ~override/Minsc.bcs~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o1Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n1Minsc.bcs~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o2Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n2Minsc.bcs~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o3Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n3Minsc.bcs~
that fails everytime. It also adds NEJ2 Boo familiar stuff blocks (the fixpack minsc.bcs replacement) even if it is not installed wether from NEJ2 itself or the BGTNEJ2 counterpart

Some of the REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK for baldur.bcs fail everytime as well
Spoiler
but I can't pinpoint the cause yet. I know the blocks are modified with chapter checks already by another mod, just have to find which with some change-logging and I'll report findings

This is all stuff that should prevent messengers spawning while doing TS quest on island but the current fixpack messes minsc script up if NEJ2 not installed. A compatibility fix is probably required for the baldur.bcs part though, I suspect bg2fixpack of adding the chapter checks.

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#690 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

More details on the above post about TS's modifications to baldur.bcs :

- Brus' spawn (o3baldur > n3baldur), TS looks to replace this block to add a !Global("VP_OnIsland","GLOBAL",1) check at the top :
Spoiler

but BG2Fixpack Core Fixes has already changed that block in many ways :
Spoiler

- Thief Guild payment failure (o6baldur > n6baldur), TS looks for this :
Spoiler

but BG2Fixpack Beta Core Fixes changes that block to (subtle change really, no idea why that was changed, gonna have to check the beta core fixes docs) :
Spoiler

So in both cases it fails to add the check for VP_OnIsland global

Beta Core Fixes change apparently to prevent some abuse :
Spoiler

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#691 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Edwin Romance compatibility issue with TS (v7.04) :

WARNING: cannot find block matching [edwin/baf/EDWIN_DEGARDAN.baf]

because TS already altered these 2 blocks in edwin.bcs, adding a VP_OnIsland check as above posts

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#692 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

IRv3 b1.13 out (17/06/2012)
Fix: here (reupped here with duped files removed :P)

SRv3.1 hotfixes too (16/06/2012)
Fix: here (reupped here for... I have no clue :D)

Some items from NeJ v6.94 had wrong effect indices that caused WeiDU to bork when it tried to cycle through the effects with a loop - the items seem to work perfectly fine either way though... and look fine in NearInfinity and stuff :P But the attachment might prevent WeiDU from going salsa over some future global mod patch or whatever :lol:

And finally... something I've been chipping away at for a while ever since this exploit got reported :P A simple algorithm to find the culprits:
Spoiler

And the mods affected:
Spoiler

PS: Not including the fixed Vault items because it's gonna be updated soon by Beleg33 :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 20 July 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#693 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Nice fix for that Maximum HP stuff that's been an exploit all this time when a simple type 3 was enough a fix. And yeh The Vault fixes might as well be deprecated when my update is released and included in BWP

#694 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

Another REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK compatibility quirk with Longer Road, changing stuff in AR6005.BCS fails if ToB fixes from Baldurdash aren't installed.

Is there a WeiDU function to add a single trigger to a block instead of all these R_B_B that conflict between each other? otherwise does R_B_B require full script blocks from IF to END or can it be used as a REPLACE_TEXTUALLY? If the latter is true, the fixes would be easy I guess.

I officially hate R_B_B now.

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#695 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Maybe too late but about hp bonus :

- If DROPPABLE
--- If Current and Max HP bonus present and type 0 (Increment)
----- set Current to negative of Max HP increase

I'd rather have the negative current hp bonus removed and max hp bonus set to type 3. This is because the above solution makes you lose hp when loading a save where a character is wearing such item and has full hp when saving.

#696 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have updated BWP-Fixpack to v11.1.3. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=49
BP-Balancer fixes went into BP-Balancer v0.33e_beta. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=50

#697 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have updated BWP-Fixpack to v11.1.3. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=49
BP-Balancer fixes went into BP-Balancer v0.33e_beta. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=50

#698 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Thank you for this update. I must warn people grabbing it that it doesn't seem to include the fixes v11.1.2 so you'll have to get both for all the fixes.

Edited by Beleg33, 22 July 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#699 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thank you for this update. I must warn people grabbing it that it doesn't seem to include the fixes v11.1.2 so you'll have to get both for all the fixes.

????? What are you missing?

#700 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

Nevermind I guess, I must have failed to extract it correctly or something sorry. I couldn't find the dsotsc folder :ermm: