Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#961 -ax-

-ax-

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, the fix is as simple as doing what the MMFAQ's point 3.2 says you need to do.

I know, but for other files change the codepage is not needed.

#962 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

BiG World Fixpack 12 has been released.

#963 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

It looks like the Big World Fixpack still has a patch/fix for Rogue Rebalancing. I'm concerned because the date of the patch file is from 2012, and RR has been updated several times since then, which would lead me to believe whatever needed to be fixed by the BiG Fixpack was probably addressed.

Anyone have any idea what the patch does, and whether it's still necessary? I'd like to check before installing as I've previously had an install where RR was broken by something the BiG Fixpack did.

Edited by Ithildur, 11 July 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#964 -Beleg33-

-Beleg33-

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

It only modifies the changes made by RR to KIT.IDS for some global compatibility I guess.

#965 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I report this problem here because think that it is a problem that can to get others:

During my game I run into the scene where Jan approached me the first time and wanted to sell me something in the Goverment District,  but I answered him "no".

Several days later I returned to him, but "Jan has nothing to say".

I suppose that when encountered Jan the first time I spoke with "JAN11.CRE" and then the second time, because I raised my XP points, I talked with "JAN12.cre", I think there is a problem about dialog not updated from my first encounter, but I'm not sure....

Can anyone help me?

Here is my weidulog , dialog about jan, the Goverment District area and the Jan.cre

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 19 July 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#966 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Fix for DSotSC by 10th:

http://www.shsforums...ad/#entry558661

#967 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm not going to read 49 pages of posts, so I'll just ask: are there any impending changes for Weimer's Item Upgrade? I'm going to push a fix to JC soon-ish to fix the Daystar +4 issue.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#968 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm not going to read 49 pages of posts, so I'll just ask: are there any impending changes for Weimer's Item Upgrade? I'm going to push a fix to JC soon-ish to fix the Daystar +4 issue.

Well, these are what the BiG World Fixpack contains for Item upgrade v37... I also secured the "c2" prefix for the mod in the prefix list.
:: Item Upgrade v37

:: Lich's C2AX1H01.ITM fix

:: Lol's crom.d typo fix

:: Lol's cespy.d typo fix
So that's a no....

Edited by The Imp, 29 July 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#969 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

A thing that i have noticed is that in every game after i get the shield of harmony from trademeet, cromwell wants to upgrade it. If you take a look at c2shld01.d it says

IF ~PartyHasItem("shld25") 
			OR(3)
				!PartyHasItem("misc9x")
				!PartyHasItem("misc6z") 
				NumItemsPartyLT("misc9y",2)~ THEN GOTO XO#ItemUp02
		IF ~PartyHasItem("shld25") 
			PartyHasItem("misc9x")
			PartyHasItem("misc6z") 
			NumItemsPartyGT("misc9y",1)~ THEN GOTO XO#ItemUp01

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN XO#ItemUp01 SAY @1234864
		IF ~~ THEN GOTO XO#NoItemUp

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN XO#ItemUp02 SAY @1234964
		check gold and forge it.
I am not familiar with weidu so maybe i am wrong and it is another mod's fault but don't these look reversed ? Shouldn't the first condition (the party doesn't have some of the components) go to Up01 and the second condition go to Up02 where the shield is forged ?

#970 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thanks, I've got that fixed as well.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#971 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

BiG World Fixpack 12.1 has been released.

#972 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

Thank you for fixing it.

I have also noticed some minor annoyance with the upgrades but i didn't mention it before because it is not an error per se. Now that the new version is out and there is no hurry, i would like to read your opinion about it.

Maybe it happens with other items as well but i noticed it in the "Sorcerian Ring" case.

Ring of Wizardry
Ring of Acuity
Amulet of Metaspell Influence
Ring of Protection +1
20,000 Gold
                        Sorcerian Ring 
                        +1 AC, +1 saves, memorize an extra spell for 
                        each spell level 1 through 7

IF ~OR(5)
			PartyHasItem("ring08")
			PartyHasItem("ring40")
			PartyHasItem("ring06")
			PartyHasItem("cdring06")
			PartyHasItem("ring06cd")~ THEN GOTO XO#ItemUp00
END

Looking for not just one component is great because we get to be informed about the possible upgrade regardless of which component we have. In this case though the code looks for "Ring of Acuity", "Ring of Wizardry", "Ring of Protection +1" and doesn't look for "Metaspell Amulet".

This results in cromwell not offering the upgrade when you have just the Metaspell Amulet and the more annoying of offering the upgrade even when you already have forged Sorcerian Ring because you happen to have another RoP +1.

There is only one version of RoA, RoW, AoMI and can only be used for this upgrade so they are major components while there are many RoP +1. Would it be better if the code changes to look for Metaspell Amulet (amul16) and not look for Ring of Protection +1 (ring06) ?

Thank you for your time.

#973 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thank you for fixing it.

I have also noticed some minor annoyance with the upgrades but i didn't mention it before because it is not an error per se. Now that the new version is out and there is no hurry, i would like to read your opinion about it.

Maybe it happens with other items as well but i noticed it in the "Sorcerian Ring" case.

Ring of Wizardry
Ring of Acuity
Ring of Protection +1
20,000 Gold
                        Sorcerian Ring 

IF ~OR(5)
			PartyHasItem("ring08")
			PartyHasItem("ring40")
			PartyHasItem("ring06")
			PartyHasItem("cdring06")
END

Looking for not just one component is great because we get to be informed about the possible upgrade regardless of which component we have. In this case though the code looks for "Ring of Acuity", "Ring of Wizardry", "Ring of Protection +1" and doesn't look for "Metaspell Amulet".

This results in cromwell not offering the upgrade when you have just the Metaspell Amulet and the more annoying of offering the upgrade even when you already have forged Sorcerian Ring because you happen to have another RoP +1.

There is only one version of RoA, RoW, AoMI and can only be used for this upgrade so they are major components while there are many RoP +1. Would it be better if the code changes to look for Metaspell Amulet (amul16) and not look for Ring of Protection +1 (ring06) ?

Thank you for your time.

Sure, I'm always up for improvements. If I may, though, it'd be easier for me if these eventually got posted over at the Item Upgrade forum so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

____

#974 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thank you for fixing it.

Ring of Wizardry
Ring of Acuity
Ring of Protection +1
20,000 Gold
                        Sorcerian Ring 

IF ~OR(5)
			PartyHasItem("ring08")
			PartyHasItem("ring40")
			PartyHasItem("ring06")
			PartyHasItem("cdring06")
END

Thank you for your time.

Sure, I'm always up for improvements. If I may, though, it'd be easier for me if these eventually got posted over at the Item Upgrade forum so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

____

#975 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Stuff from micbaldur's thread

- [DZ] Typoed Black Lily soundset

- {DZ] Drizzt respawning in some tavern

- [Stone of Askavar] Tutu items in BGT areas

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#976 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Vecna's AACRE173.CRE hex editing madness was incomplete :doh: (forgot to add to the offsets of the other blocks)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#977 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

@Lollorian

Did Drizzt Saga's Drizzt in Ulgoth Beard Inn also initiate dialog with his "evil gnolls have to be killed" line?

If yes, consider adding the following to aru001.bcs in the response block after F_DRIZZT is created:

ActionOverride("F_DRIZZT",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(2))

and just to be on the safe side and not messing any other mods up:

Replace the following in F_DRIZZT.bcs:

IF
	Detect([PC])
	NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
	Range(LastSeenBy(Myself),25)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("DrizztFight","GLOBAL",1)
		Dialogue([PC])
END

with this:

IF
	Detect([PC])
	NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
	Range(LastSeenBy(Myself),25)
	OR(2)
		!AreaCheck("aru001")
		!AreaCheck("ard000")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("DrizztFight","GLOBAL",1)
		Dialogue([PC])
END

All in order to avoid unnecessary duplicate journal entries and unnecessary repeat dialogue.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#978 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ah Ulgoth's Beard - last time I played through that area was like 3 years ago :D

Here's your fixed file though because you're awesome! :coolthumb:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 17 August 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#979 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Vault - NTotSC Vampire sword incompatibilty (ONLY patch if Vault is installed)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 18 August 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#980 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

I don't think the Amber M#BODHIA.BCS hotfix is still needed thanks to the newer WeiDU and/or gen_biff.

Also, going through that, found that this thing is not fixed in the BWPFixpack like Leomar says :P (maybe some random Amber/BWPFixpack update erased it)

Went ahead and searched for more occurences like that and lookey lookey :D Khalid, Alora and Divine Remix had some lines changed... MOAR BANTERS FTW!!!

Attached Files