Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#721 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Try to extract the 11.1.6 fixpack and tell me where you are able to find the string 11.1.6 .

Ups... well, but isn't this a good reason to include actual fixes to the BWS Fix pack... like say one to APPEND one IDS file with the eventual content it should have and put the file version tag to the WeiDU.log as the first item to show up as.
This can be done to all the BWS tools, Fixpack, Installpack, Textpack, Trimpack.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#722 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm with you that it makes sense, so the BWS creates pseudo-entries for the packages, BWP itself does not add these entries.
Wouldn't be too hard to do so (3 lines of text for each package).
If I remind correctly, the ids don't get overwritten any more since someone said that it wasn't needed...
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#723 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Agreed that the full version number should probably be there in BiG World Fixpack\_messages\header.txt (currently just says v11 :P)

And yeah... the doc really needs an update :unsure: I mean really really... this thread is now a PITA to keep track of by itself :crying: Umm, btw that fix for Darian attached is made for v2.1 of the mod when v2.3 is out right now :P

I think Lollorian has been working on this too.

Was I? :P I create reports about what patches are redundant/not being applied properly on each BWPFixpack update but never looked at the docs itself though :lol:

That said, this is probably my last post for a couple of weeks yeah? ^_^ A little time off is in session...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#724 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Umm, btw that fix for Darian attached is made for v2.1 of the mod when v2.3 is out right now :P

Balls, thanks for pointing it. Attaching new one here then, and removing the attachment from previous post.

Attached File  darian_sarahtob_crossmod_check_fix.7z   6.38K   179 downloads

Edited by Beleg33, 23 August 2012 - 12:10 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#725 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

If I remind correctly, the ids don't get overwritten any more since someone said that it wasn't needed...

The thing is, you shouldn't overwrite the files, but APPEND to them the proper .ids entries... and for now, it can lead up to this:

ERROR 1 (Region of Terror mod)

[RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/bBALDUR.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1142 column 1-41
Near Text: )
[StateCheck] argument [CD_STATE_NOTVALID] not found in [State.IDS]

I'm with you that it makes sense, so the BWS creates pseudo-entries for the packages, BWP itself does not add these entries.
Wouldn't be too hard to do so (3 lines of text for each package).

Well, I was thinking that the BWP .bat would actually install an .IDS fix component(s) that just at the side would also ad in the versions tag for the tools. So in actuality all these * :

~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 23100
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20120701
~SETUP-BWS-URL.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20120813224048
*~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Fixpack-11.1.6.7z
*~SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Borkpack v11.7z
*~SETUP-BWINSTALLPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Installpack-11.1.4.7z

Could be real files that actually just fix a .IDS file like the State.IDS, while the // * would be the actual version number in the setup-*modname*.tp2 files innards... and not a random archive name as it's now.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#726 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Huh there are 2 different issues discussed at the same time, I'm getting lost.

About IDS stuff :
RoT is the only mod that I've heard about that uses a custom IDS entry (from STATE.IDS) without providing it (APPENDing it) during installation. I can provide a fixed .tp2 with an APPEND STATE.IDS section, just to add that CD_STATE_NOTVALID if it's missing. So it doesn't choke while compiling.

About BWFixpack version tags :
The BWS adds it to WeiDU.log at some point even though they are not really WeiDU mods (au3 script does that? IDK) so I guess that's fine. Maybe that function could be added in each of the batch command files (Fixpack/Installpack/Trimpack) instead. So even with batch/manual intall when these are run they write into WeiDU.log, so it's easier to debug which version someone used.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#727 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Umm, btw that fix for Darian attached is made for v2.1 of the mod when v2.3 is out right now

That is right, Darian v2.3 is out; although they both suffer from the same issue, as well as v2.2.

#728 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

BWS creates a dummy-file for those entries since changelogs like to have their files present. So a SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.tp2 would be this:
BACKUP ~WeiDU/bwp_backup~
AUTHOR ~dummy@mail.de~
BEGIN "BiG World Borkpack v11.7z"
If the version entries are not suited, I get that elsewhere (like the archive-name in this case).

#729 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

RoT is the only mod that I've heard about that uses a custom IDS entry (from STATE.IDS) without providing it (APPENDing it) during installation. I can provide a fixed .tp2 with an APPEND STATE.IDS section, just to add that CD_STATE_NOTVALID if it's missing. So it doesn't choke while compiling.

Link to reported compile missing IDS entry error There's something going on here, I can't find that line 1142 StateCheck(Someone,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) in that file... I'm redownloading it to be sure I got the right version (even if I'm sure I do). That trigger is usually in DLGs for interjections anyway. No fix until investigated.

#730 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#731 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Huh there are 2 different issues discussed at the same time, I'm getting lost.

Well, I am advicating the fact that the two should be combined... in a way.

And while it's good to have dummy entries for the BWS, it would be good to have concreat WeiDU fixes made from the Fixpack. If you want, I can provide with most files to you ... I just need your help to spread the fixes and a --change.log from a bwp States.ids file, and you to code the nessasary parts in BWS, which shouldn't be a lot... so I can code the .tp2 files, the .bat file addition, and the WeiDU.exes are unnessasary as the BWInstall.bat addition can handle that, they just need to be removed eventually.

As what I am talking about is altering this:
AUTHOR ~dummy@mail.de~
BEGIN "BiG World Borkpack v11.7z"
To be like this:
AUTHOR ~dummy@mail.de~
BEGIN "BiG World Borkpack"
VERSION ~v11~

APPEND ...
And then actually installing some content, and not just suedo installing nothing.

Ouh, and someone also needs to then edit the "v11" to be the actual number in the future... hard as hell I know. :tease:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 August 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#732 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

I didn't need the code since you got the batch-files to do the installation at another time.
If you want to volunteer to rewrite those batches, I guess you are welcome. :D
And I don't see the benefit of adding a version tag if there is only one info in there... :ph34r:

#733 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Now that we've fixed Finch's out-of-party dialog trigger we need to make sure she doesn't spamforce it on you when you have a book in your possession that she hasn't commented on yet. Added a bunch of InParty(Myself) triggers to SUFINCH.BAF

Attached File  sufinch_outofparty_book_comments_fix.7z   797bytes   167 downloads

Edited by Beleg33, 24 August 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#734 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Some backstory first - I've been following this thread by Beleg33 (I hope :P) in the Undying mod forums and he's found quite a bit of stuff. I decided to check EVERY OTHER FRIGGIN MOD for the same problems (bar the mismatched item descriptions and stuff which I'm not skilled enough to automate :crying:)

So, in order of discovery in that thread, here are 3 sets of item fixes :cheers:

1) Invalid modifier for Magic Resistance Bonus Effect - both items (from Gloran and the RTTItempack) are already fixed by the BWPFixpack for some other fix I'm too lazy to dig up about, so the attachment has these fixes added to the BWPFixpacked items ^_^

Spoiler

2) Batch 1 of stuff contains:
- Double Spells Bonus with overkilled levels

Spoiler

- Cold/Fire/Acid/Elec/Magic Resistance Bonus erroneously set to Modifier 2 - "Set % of" (changed to Modifier 0 - "Increment")

Spoiler

Also contains a modified BG1NPCSoA.tp2 that doesn't bork the IDed Description of the Celestial Fire item :P (TRAified string was present but something broke :lol:)

3) Second batch - found this by accident when fixing BG1NPCSoA\ITEMS\depo206.itm! Apparently there were other bonuses that were erroneously using Modifier 2 - "Set % of"

- Magic Fire/Magic Cold/Slashing/Crushing/Piercing/Missile/Open Locks/Find Traps/Pickpockets/Fatigue/Intoxication/Tracking bonus boo boos

Spoiler

So YAY PUPPIES!!! :crazy:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#735 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

The latest version of the BiG World Fixpack as of now is 11.2.1 by the way. Download from here.

#736 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Attaching this here because the YeslickNPC forum doesn't allow attachments :P (Almost) BGT compatibility for Yeslick NPC as reported here.

Attached Files

#737 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Larsha NPC 0.3 eng tra files done!

#738 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

More item effect stuff :cheers:

com_encounters\item\UCMGLE01.ITM
- Hide in shadows bonus is now INCREMENTED rather than SET as a %

TheUndying\items\CMMISC01.itm
- used to SET your lore to 20% when neither description nor item name (Rabbit's Foot) suggest anything related to being lore impaired :lol: Changed to provide +2 to Luck (+1 to opcode :P) similar to BGII rabbit's foot (MISC88.itm)

OldModsPack\items\Ringkon.itm
- Used to SET your damage to 15% :blink: (the item tries to implement a bonus to cold damage that isn't possible in vanilla BGII-ToB) Now provides a flat +15% damage... ALL DAMAGE :devil:

planarspheremod\itm\pshelm02.itm
planarspheremod\itm\psmade12.itm
- Doubled level 2 spells and QUADRUPLED level 1 spells :doh: Now only doubles...

vampiretales\CoMStore\items\GCMRI01.itm
- Had BOTH of the above problems (spurious doubling spell effects and extreme attack damage reduction)

Also, double Aegisfields fix for Hubelpot :P

And finally, one of RoT's fixes in the BWPFixpack requires STATE.IDS value - CD_STATE_NOTVALID... my bad :P The attached TP2 already includes both the Trimpack and Fixpack patches applied, so overwrite it after applying them!

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 13 September 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#739 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Almost all the IDS stuff that borked Echo's installation should be fixed now :P Lots of APPENDs added where relevant... They already contain the BWPFixpack's patches :cheers:

Attached Files

#740 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

More stuff for:
Eilistraee
FR_ROV
DarkHorizons and BonsBruce :cheers: