aVENGER's Racial Traits for BG1

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 --Anonymous--

--Anonymous--

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

Hello im trying to find "aVENGER's Racial Traits" mod for bg1. The original download link is down, and this seems to be the forum of its maker. Sorry for offtopic. :whistling:

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hello im trying to find "aVENGER's Racial Traits" mod for bg1. The original download link is down, and this seems to be the forum of its maker. Sorry for offtopic. :whistling:

Heh, I'm amazed that someone still remembers that, the last version was published back in 2002. :D

Anyway, the elven racial trait fix for BG1 has been integrated into the BG1 Unfinished Business mod and will also be included in the upcoming BG1 Fixpack, with my full permission.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

Yees. Anyways, there is no way to install it separately? Im sure BG1 Unfinished Business is an amazing piece of work, but i wanted to make a pure game playthrough this time. It got mentioned on some fixpack page.

#4 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Anyways, there is no way to install it separately?

Actually, you can.

The "Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance" component is completely independent of the other parts of UB.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks, will try it.

#6 -Otis-

-Otis-

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Since this post was the #1 result looking for the fix using Google, I thought I'd post that you can get a copy of the original file using the Wayback Machine at:

<link removed by aVENGER>

The most recent version they captured was from Dec 2006, and you should only use this if you do NOT want to use the WeiDU-enabled version mentioned in other replies.

Edited by aVENGER, 16 February 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#7 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Since this post was the #1 result looking for the fix using Google, I thought I'd post that you can get a copy of the original file using the Wayback Machine

Link removed. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to use that ancient mod version. As noted earlier, it was made back in 2002 using outdated modding tools, which means that it probably contains some bugs and/or misindexed fles. Furthermore, it doesn't even use a WeiDU installer and simply overwrites a bunch of SPL files instead, which may create compatibility issues with other mods.

The version from BG1UB which I linked to earlier is superior in every possible way and can be safely used even on an unmodded BG1+TotSC installation.

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Anyway, the elven racial trait fix for BG1 has been integrated into the BG1 Unfinished Business mod and will also be included in the upcoming BG1 Fixpack, with my full permission.

I'm not sure, but could it be that the "elven racial trait fix" is included in the "BG2 Fixpack", too?

[EDIT]

O.K. see it by myself (BG1UB readme):

Z. Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance

TOTSC/TOS ONLY. Courtesy of CamDawg, this component restores the natural resistance that Elves and Half-Elves should have toward charm and sleep spells. Elves gain 90% resistance and Half-Elves 30%.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 12 March 2010 - 11:42 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#9 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm not sure, but could it be that the "elven racial trait fix" is included in the "BG2 Fixpack", too?

That's right, it's included in the BG2 Fixpack as well.

#10 -Kazzar-

-Kazzar-

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I think I know why the first person asked this question, and I have an additional question, which i'm surprised he didn't come back and ask.

Following the installation steps for the Dudleyville FixPacks, the steps are as follows:

6 Install Kevin Dorner's Baldurdash "BG1FixPack11". You do NOT need to install the "BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11". Please note that the BG1 Baldurdash FixPacks are not compatible with Dark Side of the Sword Coast (a fan-made mod).

7 Install aVENGER's Racial Traits fix. The contents of the zip file should be placed in your Override folder. Ensure you download the BG1 version of this fix.

8 Download the DudleyFix Zip files you want to use. Always scan downloads for viruses before opening them.

...so, my question is, if I install the BG1 Unfinished Business mod in place of the Racial Traits fix step, and then install the DudleyFix packs as the instructions say, will this screw up the Unfinished Business mod?

#11 -Kazzar-

-Kazzar-

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I think I know why the first person asked this question, and I have an additional question, which i'm surprised he didn't come back and ask.

Following the installation steps for the Dudleyville FixPacks, the steps are as follows:

6 Install Kevin Dorner's Baldurdash "BG1FixPack11". You do NOT need to install the "BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11". Please note that the BG1 Baldurdash FixPacks are not compatible with Dark Side of the Sword Coast (a fan-made mod).

7 Install aVENGER's Racial Traits fix. The contents of the zip file should be placed in your Override folder. Ensure you download the BG1 version of this fix.

8 Download the DudleyFix Zip files you want to use. Always scan downloads for viruses before opening them.

...so, my question is, if I install the BG1 Unfinished Business mod in place of the Racial Traits fix step, and then install the DudleyFix packs as the instructions say, will this screw up the Unfinished Business mod?

actually, never mind...I should have searched through the forum first. I found my answer.

#12 -Callirgos-

-Callirgos-

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

How do I get the aVENTER'S racial trait fix? I have Unfinished Business 1.3 but it doesn't work. I'm not using TuTu is that the problem? Sorry, I'm just pretty confused. How can I simply get the original files in my override folder?

#13 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

How do I get the aVENTER'S racial trait fix? I have Unfinished Business 1.3 but it doesn't work.

The Elven Charm/Sleep resistance component of Unfinished Business should work fine on plain (unmodded) BG1, provided that you have the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack installed.

To use the component, download the latest version of BG1UB from here, then extract the contents of the BG1UB_v13.zip archive into your Baldur's Gate folder, run setup-bg1ub.exe and follow the instructions on-screen. In case you are not familiar with installing WeiDU mods, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ.