Renal won't talk to me

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hiya,
Enjoying the mod, but Renal won't talk to me. I had dealt with Mae'Var long before deciding to try Kiyone, and have acquired the Thieves Stronghold. Renal just says to me that I should look out for the affairs of my own guild, and leave him alone. I want Renal to spy on Dayven for me, but can't seem tot get that started.

Cheers
Vandervecken

Edited by Vandervecken, 30 November 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

I checked the Code. Assuming that you already brought Dayven investigation to the right stage, and it is Chapter 6, I suggest you kill Bodhi first before Renal will have the mood to speak more in detail with you.

If you are not yet in Chapter 6, note the following :

Kova ~There appears to be some discrepancies between the notes that Inspectors Brega and Dayven have given us.~
Kiyone ~Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this matter.~

You must have heard them say these 2 lines (on leaving a building to enter the Govt District) in order to go to Renal for the investigation.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

I checked the Code. Assuming that you already brought Dayven investigation to the right stage, and it is Chapter 6, I suggest you kill Bodhi first before Renal will have the mood to speak more in detail with you.

It is still Chapter 2. Do I need to be in Chapter 3+ before Renal will speak with me?
I think I need the results from Renal in order to get an indefinite stay from Bylanna, right?

Kova ~There appears to be some discrepancies between the notes that Inspectors Brega and Dayven have given us.~
Kiyone ~Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this matter.~

You must have heard them say these 2 lines (on leaving a building to enter the Govt District) in order to go to Renal for the investigation.

They have definitely said this.

Cheers
Vandervecken

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Global("PlayerThiefGuild","GLOBAL",1)
Global("PGFailed","GLOBAL",0)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
InParty("Kova")
Global("KKJoin", "GLOBAL", 1)

Global("Dayven", "GLOBAL", 7)
Global("RenalJob", "GLOBAL", 4)
Global("MaeVarExposed", "GLOBAL", 1)

All the above conditions should be true ; just check your Saved Game file to see that they're all in order.
Use CLUAConsole or Shadowkeeper to set them to above values if they are not.

If this still doesn't work, do the following
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Dayven","GLOBAL",9)
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("DayRec")
You'll miss dialogue from Renal, but having this note gives you the ability to decide what to do with your evidence ;) there are 2 options heh.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#5 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

MAEVAREXPOSED had been set to 0.
Might well have to do with the expanded Thieves Guild from RR.

Thanks,
Vandervecken

#6 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Unfortunately setting MAEVAREXPOSED to 1 makes Renal's guild go hostile.
A problem with the way RogueRebalancing handles the variables.

Edited by Vandervecken, 19 September 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Use the following

This is the dialogue that you will miss.
PLAYER ~I'd like to know if you have any information on Inspectors Brega and Dayven, especially if they've any dealings with the Shadow Thieves.~
RENAL ~Well yes, I may be able to find something on either of them. We make it a point to know all the Inspectors pretty well. My men can be put on the matter, but it is still an inconvenience of sorts.~
= ~A paltry remuneration of perhaps, 1000 gold, shouldn't be too much to expect.~

(after 1 day wait and paying the gold...)
PLAYER ~Has the information regarding Inspectors Brega and Dayven come in yet?~
RENAL ~Ah, and I was just wondering when you would come round to asking about that. As expected, our findings on Brega turned up nothing, but Dayven is a little different.~
= ~I understand he was offered a clue on a case he was handling some time ago, however, his contact not only failed to ask him for a reward, but instead enriched him by some 500 gold. A decent treat, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took it more to get his case going along.~
= ~The information brought to him involved the nature of some wounds on the victims in his case, that could only be wrought by a weapon known to belong to only one person. He was then directed to bring the matter to Brega's attention, if he wanted to find out who the culprit was.~
= ~That should be all you need to know, along with a damning signature on this note, as proof of the transaction. Meantime, I'll be returning to my own business instead of yours.~

#8 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

Use the following

This is the dialogue that you will miss.
PLAYER ~I'd like to know if you have any information on Inspectors Brega and Dayven, especially if they've any dealings with the Shadow Thieves.~
RENAL ~Well yes, I may be able to find something on either of them. We make it a point to know all the Inspectors pretty well. My men can be put on the matter, but it is still an inconvenience of sorts.~
= ~A paltry remuneration of perhaps, 1000 gold, shouldn't be too much to expect.~

(after 1 day wait and paying the gold...)
PLAYER ~Has the information regarding Inspectors Brega and Dayven come in yet?~
RENAL ~Ah, and I was just wondering when you would come round to asking about that. As expected, our findings on Brega turned up nothing, but Dayven is a little different.~
= ~I understand he was offered a clue on a case he was handling some time ago, however, his contact not only failed to ask him for a reward, but instead enriched him by some 500 gold. A decent treat, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took it more to get his case going along.~
= ~The information brought to him involved the nature of some wounds on the victims in his case, that could only be wrought by a weapon known to belong to only one person. He was then directed to bring the matter to Brega's attention, if he wanted to find out who the culprit was.~
= ~That should be all you need to know, along with a damning signature on this note, as proof of the transaction. Meantime, I'll be returning to my own business instead of yours.~

Thanks!
I think that looking at RR/BTL matching is not a bad idea, great mod so far.
BTW, once I get the indefinite extension, can I drop K & K from the party and pick them up later without problems?

Edited by Vandervecken, 20 September 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#9 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Thats fine, but if you want to get the full mod done, you need to take em to Spellhold and visit the Sahuagin City, that's all. :) have fun.

#10 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thats fine, but if you want to get the full mod done, you need to take em to Spellhold and visit the Sahuagin City, that's all. :) have fun.

I have reached Chapter 6 and I didn't take them to Spellhold, but I can't seem to continue in the trial.
According to here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30333 I need to meet Kharen, and this seems to be all mixed together with the Spellhold plot. Apparently, Myroven will only come after I have discussed Kharen with Bylanna, and from there I can go on to Part 6, but I can't seem to resolve the Kharen issue.

The only reference I found to creating Kharen near Spellhold was here, in kova.d, startin around line 2217:

// Kharen16

EXTEND_BOTTOM PPSAEM2 29
IF ~Global("KKJoin", "GLOBAL", 1)
InParty("Kova")
AreaCheck("AR1500")~ THEN DO
~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",60)
RealSetGlobalTimer("Z#KharenWarnT","AR1500", 7)
ApplySpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)
AddJournalEntry(16563, QUEST)
CreateCreature("Z#Khar16", [505.2920], 10)~ EXIT
END

However, I can't find that in any of the scripts in the actual game, so i don't know where this chunk of code has been placed, and thus how to trigger it. It's not in z#kova.bcs, or Kiyone's script, or in ar1500.

I did have to Ctrl-Q them into the party at Windspear Hills, since there doesn't seem to be any dialog options that allow me to get them to rejoin my party.

Any help?

Cheers
vandervecken

EDIT:
In order to get Kharen, who is vital to continue the BTL story arc, you need to CLUA back to Spellhold (ar1500), change the global "AsylumPlot" to 56, and CLUA in ppsaem2, one of the incarnations of Saemon Havarian. If Kova is in the party, his dialogue will create Kharen.
Now that I have done this, I can continue the story by telling Bylanna about Kharen.

Note that it might be worthwhile to alter BTL so that it can actually work if you drop them off before Spellhold, and pick them up in Ch6.
Also, I'm still not sure why I couldn't dialogue them back into the party, and had to Ctrl-Q them.

Edited by Vandervecken, 01 December 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#11 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

Well that is a blind spot indeed in the coding, that doesn't allow them to rejoin you. I must have missed that out.

Thats fine, but if you want to get the full mod done, you need to take em to Spellhold and visit the Sahuagin City, that's all.

I have reached Chapter 6 and I didn't take them to Spellhold, but I can't seem to continue in the trial.

That being said, the investigation is not meant to continue further if you don't bring them to Spellhold.
I would say you made your choice by choosing this path, in fact you also missed out a lot of interesting interjections and exchanges between them and the PC. Funny how you go against exactly what I wrote, and then wonder why things don't work out.

Meantime, as mentioned you need to bring them back to the party, and set "KKJoin" to 1, before heading to Spellhold.
After that, you need to make sure that Saemon appears and brings you to wherever you should be. For this to happen...

Global("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",50)
Global("madeAlly","AR1516",0)
and then move to AR1516

#12 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:18 AM

Well that is a blind spot indeed in the coding, that doesn't allow them to rejoin you. I must have missed that out.

Thats fine, but if you want to get the full mod done, you need to take em to Spellhold and visit the Sahuagin City, that's all.

That being said, the investigation is not meant to continue further if you don't bring them to Spellhold.
I would say you made your choice by choosing this path, in fact you also missed out a lot of interesting interjections and exchanges between them and the PC. Funny how you go against exactly what I wrote, and then wonder why things don't work out.

Meantime, as mentioned you need to bring them back to the party, and set "KKJoin" to 1, before heading to Spellhold.
After that, you need to make sure that Saemon appears and brings you to wherever you should be. For this to happen...

Global("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",50)
Global("madeAlly","AR1516",0)
and then move to AR1516

Hey, thanks for taking a look.
Sorry, I think I got from your quote, that it would be fine to pick them up in Ch 6 and continue the investigation, just miss out on the romance.
The unfortunate fact is that, when running a mega mod, there are just so many good NPCs out there, and when so many are strongly linked to Spellhold/Underdark plots, it's very hard to choose.
I'm having the same difficulty deciding who to take into Suldanesselar, so please don't take it as an insult. There are just so many great characters out there.

In trying to experience many mods at once, I've had to play around with the scripts an awful lot. I use DLTCEP, and I just had a hard time finally finding the bit in Saemon's dialogue.
Is it ok to set AsylumPlot to 56, and then spawn PPSAEM2 in AR1500, instead of doing it in AR1516? Kharen still shows up, and I can still talk to Bylanna about it.

Out of interest, why put it in Saemon's dialogue, rather than straight into the AR1500 script, or the Kova script?

#13 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

Nah I never take it as an insult :) just that seriously some of (IMO) my best dialogues are in Spellhold and Underdark, and it would be more fun (in my opinion) to play through with them from Chapter 3 to Chapter 6 :) but that's like I said, just my opinion.

I have Accelerated Ust Natha in my Misc Mods, for that purpose btw :) people who want to speed through Chapter 4-5 with different characters.
I suggest taking K&K to Suldanessellar, cheating to get their cutscene, and then loading game back to chapter 6 and taking someone else.

PS : you can spawn PPSAEM2 ANYWHERE. including in Athkatla.

Edited by Zyraen, 01 December 2009 - 07:28 AM.

#14 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:42 AM

True, but the dialogue option that has the spawn for Z#KHAR16 attached requires AreaCheck(ar1500), and it spawns Kharen in AR1500 anyway, so in practice, I think you need to be in AR1500, no?

Maybe not in a new version, though. I have 1.35

As far as character choices, I had Drizz't in there from Region of Terror, and Yoshimo/Kachiko from Tortured Souls (swapping Yoshimo for Imoen). I also had Chloe, because she powers up in Spellhold and romances Imoen, and finally Fade, who is also just excellent.
Hard choices...

Edited by Vandervecken, 01 December 2009 - 07:48 AM.

#15 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

True, but the dialogue option that has the spawn for Z#KHAR16 attached requires AreaCheck(ar1500), and it spawns Kharen in AR1500 anyway, so in practice, I think you need to be in AR1500, no?

Maybe not in a new version, though. I have 1.35

As far as character choices, I had Drizz't in there from Region of Terror, and Yoshimo/Kachiko from Tortured Souls (swapping Yoshimo for Imoen). I also had Chloe, because she powers up in Spellhold and romances Imoen, and finally Fade, who is also just excellent.
Hard choices...

A new problem.
I am on my way to meet Seida after the witness quest. When Aran sends me there, there's a loading script, which never ends. It just sits there at 0% loaded.
Also trying to CLUA to z#0041 gives the same effect.
Any idea why that might happen?

Edited by Vandervecken, 01 December 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#16 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:12 AM

before you CLUA to Z#0041, try CLUA to AR0041. leave one person in there (not Kova or Kiyone) and talk to Aran, he should port everyone into the correct area.

Its a common bug... one that I've tried but can't quite seem to solve yet. Its probably the only bug I consistently encounter also in Sylmar and yet can't seem to solve...

My earlier version had "fix" of sorts for it, that involved porting one character into AR0041, and then everyone to Z#0041. I removed that since I thought the bug was fixed (by some TP2 stuff) but it seems it didn't...

Edited by Zyraen, 03 December 2009 - 06:15 AM.

#17 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

before you CLUA to Z#0041, try CLUA to AR0041. leave one person in there (not Kova or Kiyone) and talk to Aran, he should port everyone into the correct area.

Its a common bug... one that I've tried but can't quite seem to solve yet. Its probably the only bug I consistently encounter also in Sylmar and yet can't seem to solve...

My earlier version had "fix" of sorts for it, that involved porting one character into AR0041, and then everyone to Z#0041. I removed that since I thought the bug was fixed (by some TP2 stuff) but it seems it didn't...

Yes, indeed that did it.