Photo

Realistic random treasures

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 gastu

gastu
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

Made the change and I'm happy to say it worked. Although, I noticed the same BEHHIV01.CRE file message, and this time it was followed by a dozen or so more files that said the same thing. Don't know if that is anything to worry about. Well, the text stated that it loaded successfully, so maybe it's nothing. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me a little about what those messages mean? Thanks again for your help.

#102 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

Although, I noticed the same BEHHIV01.CRE file message, and this time it was followed by a dozen or so more files that said the same thing.

I am going to guess you're installing on SoA instead of ToB. If so, then this is caused by older mods using an evil ALLOW_MISSING command, which will create zero-byte files which aren't present. In that case, you can truly ignore those messages - it won't patch those bogus CREs because they aren't really there and shouldn't be.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#103 gastu

gastu
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Although, I noticed the same BEHHIV01.CRE file message, and this time it was followed by a dozen or so more files that said the same thing.

I am going to guess you're installing on SoA instead of ToB. If so, then this is caused by older mods using an evil ALLOW_MISSING command, which will create zero-byte files which aren't present. In that case, you can truly ignore those messages - it won't patch those bogus CREs because they aren't really there and shouldn't be.

You'd be right. I don't own ToB... never even played it. I'd love to get my hands on a copy as it seems there are a lot of mods out there that require it. For now I'm pretty satisfied with playing SoA. Someday, I'll get a copy of all the games and expansions and install a mega-mod, I'm sure. Love the game, love the mods. Once again, thanks for your help.

#104 -mike-

-mike-

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

Sorry, if this has been asked before...

Aurora mod assigns random treasures to illusionary monsters created by Obe in 'training room' at Candlekeep.

This easily doubles the amount of gold available at Candlekeep. Is this intentionally?

#105 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Sounds expensive for Obe :P

#106 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

No, it's not intentional - I'll exclude them. That is not this component doing it though, but the main component. (I'm guessing you're talking about things like rubies and gooseberries? If it's truly random treasures, it must be some other mod.)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#107 -mike-

-mike-

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm talking about gold and gems.

To be a little more specific, I made a change-log on 'BGIGIBB.CRE':
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/BGIGIBB.CRE
override/BGIGIBB.CRE tp\backup/1/BGIGIBB.CRE
override/BGIGIBB.CRE scs/backup/5000/BGIGIBB.CRE
override/BGIGIBB.cre BGTTweak/Backup/2400/BGIGIBB.cre
override/bgigibb.cre aurora/backup/0/bgigibb.cre
override/bgigibb.cre aurora/backup/420/bgigibb.cre
override/BGIGIBB.CRE xpmod/backup/1/BGIGIBB.CRE

Mods affecting BGIGIBB.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 4 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogie - Hauptteil: 1.11 (January 2011)
00001: ~TP/SETUP-TP.TP2~ 0 1 // Namenanpassungen (wenn Ihr BGT installieren wollt,
installiert diese Komponente danach): v3.4
00002: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 2 5000 // Generell verbesserte KI: v16
00003: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 3 2400 // Gegnerische Gegenstaende koennen zerbrechen: 9 (31 Dec 09)
00004: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5
00005: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5
00006: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 4 1 // Reduktion der Erfahrungspunkte für das Töten von Gegnern -> Auf 50% reduzieren: v6 BWP Fix

In '..aurora/backup/420' 'BGIGIBB.CRE' has nothing in its inventory slots.
Afterwards it has 'RNDMAG07.ITM' in 'Inventory 1'.

The other cre files of Obes monsters affected are:
IXVART.CRE
ITASLOI.CRE
IHOBGOB.CRE

Additionally 'IHOBGOB.CRE' gets assigned 'DW#PTNND.ITM' (a gem) by SCS component 5021.

#108 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Ok, thanks for the details. I have excluded them from both components. You might want to report the SCS thing on its forum. It could be a placeholder for a potion or it could be nothing, so I'm not sure if it's an issue.

If you get bored, you could attach your ag_scripted_cres.txt and ag_modded_rands.txt from your aurora/batchlog folder (or paste their contents in SPOILER tags) and analyse other creatures listed therein for valid placement. Those files indicate random item placement from the main component and the random treasure component, respectively.

Normally, CREs should not get a random treasure replaced with the subcomponent unless they had one to begin with. If you look at these creatures with Near Infinity, you'll see they actually have such items, they just aren't placed validly in their inventories, so I'm suspecting this is what's happening. Anyway, excluding them from the random routines should fix the issue.

#109 -mike-

-mike-

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

You're right, I've checked those cre files via NI on vanilla BG1.

The creatures possess items (even random treasures), but they are not assigned to any slot.
That's why, I guess, they don't drop them, as at least some are marked as 'droppable'.

I played Obes training room again to double check BG1 vanilla behavior and yes, no items were dropped.

Anyway, thanks for your attention. You guys really keep this game alive after all this time and this is very much appreciated!

ag_scripted_cres.txt
Spoiler

ag_modded_rands.txt
Spoiler