Lollorian's BWP8 Install

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

On other news, the Xvart Village area had some overlapping "Xvart Protectors"

Offhand, this seems like a likely culprit, no?

00002: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu

I have also got this component and had no such bug so I don't think it's that easy. (Unless Lollorian's version for some reason is not the "BWP v6 Fix" version.)

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 25 September 2009 - 07:55 AM.

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

Hmm ... yeah :P <removes the Oversight component from install.bat> :D

But, my problem does't stem from the fact that they all get charmed ... but the fact that the charm doesn't wear off ... So when I click the "all party select" button, I get followed by an army of squirrels :lol: (even after resting 2 times ... 16 hours consecutively <_<)

About the Xvart Village, the culprit(s) seem to be DSotSC AND BP_177 ... Both their ar3498.bafs add plenty of "BP_SpawnStooges" spawns. I'm pretty confused about what actually happens so, I dunno what's wrong and where... Anyway, they're all dead now so I don care!!! :devil:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 25 September 2009 - 08:21 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

Ok, this is from my sis' game :cheers:

Looks like the DarkHorizons items need to be thoroughly checked <_<

This is CMAX04.itm (Battle Ax +3: "The Decapacitor"). When Monty equips this, it shows up properly in his iventory but ...
Posted Image
This is his quick slot pic ... the ax is quipped but no bam :crying: I looked through NI to see what I could change, but couldn't find something that controlled the quick-slot :P
Posted Image
Here's da changelog:
Mods affecting CMAX04.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DARKHORIZONS.TP2~ 0 0 //  "Dark Horizons" Mod (Requires Tales of the Sword Coast TuTu or BGT)
00001: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 0 0 // Improved Battles - "erebusant's Patching Version" v6
00002: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components)
00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 14 // Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics
00004: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 18 // Backstabbing Penalties Only
00005: ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ 0 1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing?
Could it be that some other mod tries to change the bam?? (before I go posting in the DH forums :P)

Next is the CMBUQ01.itm (Bullets of Detonation), its quick slot shows IDROW02.bam (the green-background one that was reported already). The inventory icon is like the Bullets +2 (the red ones)
Posted Image
Changelog:
Mods affecting CMBUQ01.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DARKHORIZONS.TP2~ 0 0 //  "Dark Horizons" Mod (Requires Tales of the Sword Coast TuTu or BGT)
00001: ~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ 0 5 // Increase Ammo by 300%

Cheers,
Lol

PS: Here's jaheira's 3 Sunscorches :D (2 from Divine Remix and 1 from SR)
Posted Image

Edited by Lollorian, 09 October 2009 - 01:59 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

I just found the DLTCEP and it seems to have many tools to check the files :cheers:

I've been running each check and boy does it give me some HUGE lists :o Is it reliable enough to warrant posting here??

For example, the shortest log was generated for projectiles: (brackets are where they come from)

Checking projectiles...
ICEGLYP (NeJ)
VVC is unused in projectile.
XPRO03 (Exnem Vault)
Unusual travel speed: 49
GOLDBRE (RoT)
Sparks are not visible for creeping projectiles.
FWANIM01 (Forgotten Wars Item Pack)
Unusual travel speed: 49
FIREBLGR (Planar Sphere Mod)
Unusual travel speed: 24
ICEEXPL (RoT)
Unusual travel speed: 16
BOULDER (SoBH and BP ... probably BP :P)
Unusual travel speed: 24
Done.

Cheers,
Lol

#25 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

This is CMAX04.itm (Battle Ax +3: "The Decapacitor"). When Monty equips this, it shows up properly in his iventory but ...

This is his quick slot pic ... the ax is quipped but no bam crying.gif I looked through NI to see what I could change, but couldn't find something that controlled the quick-slot tongue.gif

I have seen this in some CoM mods and Fr/RoV only with one or two items. Try adding the BAM when you open the file in: Item Ability/Melee/Icon. That is your weapon slot tag.
:P

Posted Image

What about one from The Darkest Day? SPPR124 is the file for TDD. Looks like it is the first one in your pic rather than 2 from Remix Divine :lol: . That sucks because those eat away slots for other spells especially when you get to the higher levels. :o

Shadowkeeper to the rescue for vast divine duplication deletion as I can't remember if there is a 2da file that controls all those spells getting written to the spellbook. I have only found one that controls the amount per level.

Edited by Hoppy, 10 October 2009 - 10:16 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

I do question that, cause I had 2, and didn't install Divine Remix.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Woohoo ... some REAL bugs now :coolthumb: (I still don't get why I get all happy when I get bugs :P)

I started summoning the NPCs one by one from the ToB Fate Spirit ... and I got some interesting quirks from some of them :P (I'll try to summon all of em today though :D)

Nathaniel:
Doesn't have his katana equippable even though their usability flags look normal :o

Neh'thaniel:
He shows up with a green circle and a "has nothing to say" thing when I click him :P I had to Ctrl-Q him to get him in the party (he has a Lilarcor like talking weapon who's only able to converse though :P) Btw, is he supposed to show up like some kinda ghost?? (see below)

Posted Image

Questor:
First off, she looks like a Drow?? :blink: With a normal colored portrait?? ... But that's not all, she has non-removable armor (Boots of Speed, Robe of neutral Archmagi, Ring of Prot+1) And when I try to kick her out with the "Didn't I just tell you to leave??" option, nothing seems to happen, I get the same options again and again (like a loop :D)

Angelo:
Is he intended to be fair in his portraits and dark in his paperdoll??

Touchstone:
No subtitles for commands :(

Ninafer:
She just stands there and gives me the "can't talk right now. Ninafer appears busy" thing <_< And when I hover over her, she gets regular tooltip refreshes every 2 secs :P

Hubelpot:
Same problem as Ninafer :ph34r:

... I'll try to cover more soon :D

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 18 October 2009 - 07:54 PM.

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

Ok, tis been a while now :P

But I felt I should post another "quirk" in here ... Ya see, my spell-casting chars (mages, and druids) seem to have random bouts of "Morale Failure" and start running around like frackin idiots (bringing more monstas to the fight <_<) At first, I thought it was just a low-level char (Lvl1) being scared by big-huge-scary Hobgoblins thing ... but now, when they're Lvl4 and facing Kobolds (albeit a hordes of them :devil:) dya think they should be scaredy catz from some "dog-men"?? :D

For the record, the mage and druid in question are Xzar and Jaheira (I had to ctrl-Y Jaheira cause where I saved it, she starts going "Morale Phail" immediately after loading ... and runs into some uber assassins from Dark Horizons :crying: ... ALL THE TIME!!!)

I didn't notice this problem during my BWP6 run. is there some mod that tweaks these things?? I'd like to skip this from next time :P

Cheers,
Lol

PS: I'm also worried about the problem with Fate-spirit-summoning Ninafer and Hubelpot ... and Neh'thaniel too :unsure:

Anything I may do, post, changelog to find out what's going bonkers with them??

Edited by Lollorian, 23 October 2009 - 06:33 AM.

#29 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

I have really no idea on why your chars should get a morale failure if not heavily wounded or other characters died really quick. You could try to buff the whole party with Remove Fear the whole time, as it seems to prevent morale failures too.
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Ah, thanks for the tip :cheers: The problem is that I never had this need to cast any spells just to keep party morale high though :wacko:

Oh well, looks like a certain mod that can revise the spells to rememorize based on time rather than resting could come in handy now ;)

Cheers,
Lol

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

Anything I may do, post, changelog to find out what's going bonkers with them??

I assume they're not getting hit by Horror spells or the like. Change-log the NPC .cre files and their scripts I guess... no guarantee that will reveal the problem though (some idiot may have shoved something morale-related in baldur.bcs for all we know).

PS: I'm also worried about the problem with Fate-spirit-summoning Ninafer and Hubelpot ... and Neh'thaniel too

I'm not sure if that's the standard way of meeting the NPCs, but I guess post those issues in the respective NPC forums if you haven't.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#32 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Oh well, looks like a certain mod that can revise the spells to rememorize based on time rather than resting could come in handy now ;)

You're the second one to ask for this, and actually I was thinking of a way to make this.
If nobody else wants to write this, I could try and make it a component of ktweaks - I'd go with some blocks in the main script file, modifying a variable stored on each member of the party (as a countdown) which sets to 0 after having rested, and a check to reset the variable to 0 and rememorize one spell every time the local variable hits X value. It would mean adding wuite some blocks to baldur.bcs tho, and I don't know if this could cause slowdowns or other issues.
It could also break balance.

Anyway, if you want it and nobody's working/wants to work on it, let's discuss it in the ktweaks topic to keep this one clean.

#33 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Changelogs ho!!! :D

Mods affecting JAHEIR2.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGTNEJ.TP2~ 0 2 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
00002: ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 200 // Additions only
00003: /* from game biffs */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs
00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI
00005: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5010 // Better calls for help
00006: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5043 // Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests pre-buff
00007: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
00008: ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 6 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
00009: ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ 0 0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
00010: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00011: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 4041 // Use BG2 Values
00012: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
00013: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 255 // Reduce to 25%

Mods affecting XZAR2.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 200 // Additions only
00002: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI
00003: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5010 // Better calls for help
00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5033 // Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages pre-buff
00005: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
00006: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00007: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 255 // Reduce to 25%

Also attached my exported BALDUR.BCS (in extra fun BAF mode :P

@kthxbye: :D There's a mod that tries to do this though. I'd recommended adding it to the BWP in the "BWP Wishlist (Modupdates for 8+)" thread :P And I see that Jarno Mikkola has it in his WeiDU.log at the end :lol:

Personally, I'd LOVE to see something like that in my game :P (getting tired of resting 10 times in each dungeon level to clear it out :()

Maybe some modifications or something might make it more compatible?? ;) And less cheesy than it looks :P

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#34 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

For the record, the mage and druid in question are Xzar and Jaheira (I had to ctrl-Y Jaheira cause where I saved it, she starts going "Morale Phail" immediately after loading ... and runs into some uber assassins from Dark Horizons crying.gif ... ALL THE TIME!!!)

Do you have characters in your party getting killed quickly in a battle? That will also cause some party members to panic. You can test this by randomly Ctrl+y party members and then ctrl+r them and repeat the process. There is a percentage that one or two of the living party members panic depending on their morale failure and the amount of damage they are witnessing or reacting to with death.

Stay strong and be tactical when this happens in normal combat. Cast remove fear from cleric or mage spell and that cures them.

EDIT: Maybe a changelog for MORALEAI.IDS will give you changes that effect morale rather than individual characters. Whatever adds these at 190 and 200 may be what's causing massive panic and it is what it is.

1 KAMIKAZE
10 FOOLHARDY
25 FEARLESS
50 BRAVE
100 AVERAGE
150 CAUTIOUS
175 WIMP
190 CHICKEN_SHIT
200 SCARED_SHITLESS

Edited by Hoppy, 23 October 2009 - 12:54 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#35 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

@Lollorian: oh, good to know there's a mod that does that already, just to avoid duplicates. :D What I had in mind is actually a bit different (restore one spell of the lowest level possible, thus refilling with the less powerful to the most powerful ones, with a timer affecting the whole thing instead of one for each spellslot), but I think you can ask them to modify a component to make it less unbalancing I guess.

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

EDIT: Maybe a changelog for MORALEAI.IDS will give you changes that effect morale rather than individual characters. Whatever adds these at 190 and 200 may be what's causing massive panic and it is what it is.

Erhm, there is no moral.ids in the normal game, so there is a good chance this is mod added behavior indeed, and I think it's one of the big mods, cause even the Classic Adventures mods has this; as that mod was build with some of the big mods as it's base... the --change-log gives nothing. Edit, darn changelog.bat, of course I used you wrong, whatever.
The BPv177 does, as the file is the same as in <game>\BPv177\RULE\ one, so it would be BP v177

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 October 2009 - 02:17 AM.

#37 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Erhm, there is no moral.ids in the normal game, so there is a good chance this is mod added behavior indeed, and I think it's one of the big mods, cause even the Classic Adventures mods has this; as that mod was build with some of the big mods as it's base... the --change-log gives nothing.
The BPv177 does, as the file is the same as in <game>\BPv177\RULE\ one, so it would be BP v177

There you go :D

- King Diamond

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

Thanks a lot Hoppy and Jarno,

Now, some more stuff about the problem ... The "Morale Failures" happen almost randomly. No one dies, no one's critically wounded and still they still act like ninny-whats :ph34r: The last time it happened, Jaheira started going yellow as soon as I stepped in dungeon level 2 of the Nashkel Mines ... and funny thing is, there was no enemy in sight :whistling:

Oh btw, they're not under "Horror" either :P For that matter, I can't Ctrl-R them to green at all :(

I do have a MORALEAI.IDS with the exact contents of what you posted.

BUT But but ... running a changelog gives me: <drumroll>
Mods affecting MORALEAI.IDS:
00000: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 31 // Mike Barnes' Improved Small Teeth Pass
00001: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 32 // Mike Barnes' Improved North Forest
00002: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 33 // Mike Barnes' Marching Mountains
00003: ~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
00004: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00005: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-VALEN.TP2~ 0 0 // Valen
00006: ~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ 0 0 // Auren Aseph V6.2 for BG2:ToB
00007: ~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ 0 0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB
00008: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
00009: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 3 // Improved Sahuagin City
00010: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 37 // Streamlined Trolls
00011: ~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ 0 0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
00012: ~SETUP-SHEENA.TP2~ 0 0 // Install A Half Dragon Tale
00013: ~KELSEY.TP2~ 0 0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
00014: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 0 // Kiara-Zaiya for BG2 SOA
00015: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 1 // Custom Kiara-Zaiya soundset (available separately).
00016: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 2 // Alternate High level abilities by TG Maestro
00017: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 3 // Original Amaralis battles
00018: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 4 // Tougher Kiara vampire
00019: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 5 // Revised Suldalanessar
00020: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 6 // Jao and party for SOA: another tough fight
00021: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 7 // Tougher Irenicus at the tree of life
00022: ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ 0 0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
For such an important file, it seems to get modded by a lotta unnecessary mods :blink:

For reference, this is MY MORALEAI.IDS:
IDS V1.0
1 KAMIKAZE
10 FOOLHARDY
25 FEARLESS
50 BRAVE
100 AVERAGE
150 CAUTIOUS
175 WIMP
190 CHICKEN_SHIT
200 SCARED_SHITLESS

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: I just realized that WeiDU actually shows how the file got changed by making copies of the file in the BGII-SoA folder like MORALEAI0000.IDS, MORALEAI0001.IDS, ... etc. I'm attaching the entire 22 copies of the .ids (maybe it can tell whether the .ids got changed a lot ... then got overwritten by something)

EDIT2: Ok, I went through the 23 copies and found that the only mods that "affect" (in the sense of overwriting :rolleyes:) the MORALEAI.ids are BG2Fixpack (which creates a blank .ids), BGT (which creates the one me and Hoppy posted) and BPv177 (which also does the same thing BGT does).

The other mods in the changelog apparently don't actually change the .ids (I wonder why they show up in the changelog though :unsure:)

Oh and btw, seeing that they don't go "help mee!!" just by seeing an enemy or a comrade die, I dunno whether the Remove Fear thing's gonna work though (anyway, going by that logic, only Paladins could make good leaders in the early levels :( ... so are non-pally parties screwed??)

And another thing ... Is this just being experienced by me?? If yes, then that's a sign that this is some "Expert" mod's doing :ph34r:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 October 2009 - 09:02 PM.

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

I was sort of thinking this was a BP thing. And anyway, aren't you supposed to install SCS *after* BP, not vice-versa?

You could just open up your moraleai.ids with a text editor, select all, delete the contents, and save it. Or just delete it. Because this is the natural state of the unmodded game (though the game still expects to find this file for some reason, but it can be blank). But I'm not sure how BP or other mods make use of the contents of the file, if it has any, but it seems a bit dodgy to me.

Another thing you could do is up the Morale and lower the Morale Break (and maybe the Morale Recovery while you're at it) of your NPC .cre files. It seems pretty stupid to me that Jaheira (in unmodded BG1 anyway) should have 10, 5 and 60 there. That means she's a big wuss in 2e PnP terms. If she's a badass F/D, hanging with a Bhaalspawn (which she is of course), it should be more like 15, 4 and 30 there - and those are conservative values. The first 2 values have to do with a d20 roll (AFAICT) and the last one is the number of seconds it takes to recover from morale failure (a whole minute is a bit ridiculous in game terms).

But since this doesn't happen nearly as often in an unmodded game, obviously there's som'n else screwing it up (like moraleai.ids).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

Mods affecting MORALEAI.IDS: ...

For such an important file, it seems to get modded by a lotta unnecessary mods :blink:

Ah, none of them actually modify the file, it's same in everyone, the difference is that they would update the file if it wasn't there, ouh and they do add additional behavior associated to the ids, so the chances are that the "SCARED_SHITLESS" might be bad, good or at least different is high.